Schneeflocken

d ponder over what could have been

in Eure Homepages 28.08.2019 09:34
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Just when the Bruins were playing some of their best defense of the season, they lose their No. 1 defenseman to an injury.Captain Zdeno Chara left with an unspecified injury after taking one shift in the second period during the Bruins 4-2 loss to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.He did not join the Bruins on Wednesday for their flight to Ottawa to face the Senators on Thursday, and Claude Julien said the 2009 Norris Trophy winner was doubtful for Calgary on Friday.Chara has one goal and five assists in 19 games this season. His team-high 22:41 of ice time per game will also be difficult to replace.We just lost our best defender and teams hate playing against him, and thats the kind of impact hes got, Julien said. Now theres no individual thats going to step up and do his job more than were going to have to do it as a group.The Bruins received some positive news Wednesday, as defenseman Kevan Miller, who has missed the start of the season after fracturing his left hand, and forward David Pastrnak, who leads the Bruins with 10 goals, were cleared to play against Ottawa. Pastrnak had missed three games with an undisclosed injury.Both Miller and Pastrnak practiced on Wednesday.The Bruins have won four of their past six and eight of their past 12 games. Prior to their loss to the Blues, the Bruins had allowed two or fewer goals in five straight games, including four wins.Having Chara out of the lineup will put the onus not just on the defensemen, but the rest of the team to keep the opposition off the scoreboard.I think everybody together as a group has really come together and embraced our identity and the style of play that we want to emphasize and I think thats one of the reasons weve had success, defenseman John-Michael Liles said.Losing Z is a big loss, but I think if we continue to play the style that weve really focused on the last little while, I think we can continue to have success.When the Bruins were without Chara because of a torn knee ligament during the 2014-15 season, they went 11-7-1.This time they will rely upon veterans such as Liles, Torey Krug and Adam McQuaid. Nineteen-year-old Brandon Carlo has thrived as Charas regular defense partner this season, and the rookie will have to figure out how to play without the captain.Carlo has two goals and two assists in 19 games and has averaged just 20 fewer seconds per game than Chara.Hes a pretty good player anyway, and he can still play in this league without Zdeno, Julien said.When youre missing your No. 1 defenseman, when youre playing with him, theres no doubt it affects you. But hes still a good enough player to overcome that. Jurrell Casey Jersey . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Nate Davis Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-78-Curley-Culp-Womens-Jersey/ . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Derrick Henry Womens Jersey . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Steve McNair Youth Jersey .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Rajkot was ready. A man who had grown up among them - in some cases with them - was in the middle. On 99.Whooooooaaaaaaa, they went as the bowler ran in. Oooooohhhhhhh, they sighed when it was defended. They had to wait for a pesky tea interval. Then came a short and wide one outside off.Cheteshwar Pujara dabbed it to the right of point and those wobbly knees, both of which have undergone surgery, got cranking. They beat a direct hit and their owner kept running. Pujara had got his captain up on his feet. And so too his coach. He had given the entire crowd the very thing they would have been talking about since they realised Test cricket was finally coming home.Somewhere in those stands was a man who had sat through the entire days play with his hands folded across his chest. Maybe he thought crossing his fingers just wasnt strong enough. He finally got up, abandoned the pose and probably clapped the hardest. On the eve of the Test, Arvind Pujara said he had never seen his son bat in international cricket live. Four days later, he was surrounded by fans, each taking turns to shake the hand of the man who had gone to great pains to teach a young Pujara the game they all loved.Why should he stop there? Arvind had said on Tuesday, when asked how he would like for Cheteshwar to make a century in his home town. To be very honest, I was hoping to get a double-hundred, Cheteshwar said today after making 124. Like father, like son. Obviously before I played this game there were many nervous moments but I told myself that I will just focus on the things I have to do on the field, Pujara said. Because there were expectations - many family members and close friends were watching this game, even the crowd was expecting me to score big runs. But I told myself that I dont need to think about it, looking at the kind of position India was in, we wanted a good total, I just wanted to focus on the process and things turned out well for me.There was even a hint of destiny about it all. Pujara was givven out lbw on 86 and normally he would have been forced to walk off to the dressing room and ponder over what could have been.dddddddddddd This time, though, he had the right to an appeal. This time India had DRS at home.Initially, when the ball hit me I thought it was hitting high, Pujara said. It did not hit me on the front pad, it hit me on the rear pad. I confirmed with Vijay and he felt it was high. Then I was confident in taking DRS.As the ball-tracker showed it would have bounced over the stumps, Pujaras wife, Pooja, broke into a big grin, leapt up and down, absolutely elated.After years of opposition - most of which was centred around an issue with lbw calls - the fates had aligned to such an extent that DRS would overturn an lbw decision against an Indian batsman in its first match on home soil, and that same batsman would go on to make a century. It seems all good stories need a bit of irony.There was a villain as well. One who dared to hit Rajkots Pujara right in front of them. Chris Woakes rapped the batsman on his helmet three times in three overs in the morning.I got a couple of good bouncers. I thought I did not judge it well. But overall, in international level, I expect bowlers to bowl bouncers, said Pujara. Usually, I am very good at short balls. So, I think there were a couple of occasions where I did not judge properly. I told myself that even if I get hit on the helmet or body, I will take it. I know the conditions very well, a couple of short balls dont disturb me and my gameplan.And they didnt. Pujara moved smoothly past that phase and, though he couldnt get the double-hundred he wanted, he has put India in a much better position to draw the game. The cheers as he walked off, raising his bat one more time were deafening. For once, Indian fans wanted their No. 3 to stay just a bit more than they wanted to see the No. 4 coming out. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de