Schneeflocken

a Group III - yet here she is in a Benchmark 84 just

in So funktioniert das Forum 04.09.2019 08:19
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Serena Williams continues to mow down her opponents at the Rogers Cup womens tournament. The top-seeded American eased past Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia 6-1, 6-1 on Friday for a spot in the semifinals. Williams has yet to be challenged through three matches, dropping only a combined 10 games in the process. She blasted seven aces past the outclassed Rybarikova and wrapped up the match in a tidy 60 minutes, five seconds. "Yeah Im definitely feeling pretty good, playing much better than I have the past month I would say," said Williams. "Im glad Im getting back to the feeling and getting into some rhythm." Rybarikova, who advanced to the quarter-finals when reigning Wimbledon champ Marion Bartoli retired from their match with an injury, was thoroughly dominated but managed to avoid bagels. Williams, a two-time Rogers Cup champion, is looking to add to her seven titles this season, including a win last month in Sweden. Shes sure to give her next opponent, three-seed Agnieszka Radwanska, all she can handle. Radwanska advanced Friday with a 7-6 (1), 7-5 victory over fifth-seeded Italian Sara Errani, but has never beat Williams in five of their meetings, including last years Wimbledon final. "Its a good matchup," said Williams. "She does everything so well. Shes playing better too actually so shes having a much better year. Its going to be an interesting match. Its definitely not going to be easy. "I can only hope that I play well and I can only hope that I come out on top." Meanwhile, the upset of the day belonged to unseeded Romanian Sorana Cirstea who knocked off defending champion Petra Kvitova with a 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 decision. Kvitova struggled mightily with her service game. The Czech double-faulted 10 times, her ninth coming on a break point for Cirstea to open the third set 1-0. "The beginning of the second set I started to feel a little bit low of the energy," said Kvitova. "The serve was really bad after this, and I didnt find energy from my legs." Kvitova pointed to her late third-round match against Australias Samantha Stosur as the reason she was sluggish on the court. "Unfortunately when I finished so late the match here, I didnt sleep well after this," said Kvitova. "Sleep is, for me, its very important ... for my recovery." Cirstea, ranked No. 27 in the world, used the momentum from Kvitovas unforced errors to match her best result of the season with a semifinal berth. The 23-year-old Cirstea got past former top-ranked players Jelena Jankovic and Caroline Wozniacki to reach the quarter-finals. "Its probably (my) best tournament in a long, long time," said Cirstea. "It might come as a surprise to many people ... I dont think for me and my team its such a big surprise because we have been working consistently on things." Shell next take on fourth-seeded Li Na of China, who defeated Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia 7-6 (1), 6-2. Li, last years finalist, needed 96 minutes to get by the world No. 20-ranked Cibulkova, who came into the tournament on a roll with a recent title victory over Radwanska at Stanford, Calif. Li broke to make it 6-5 in the first set, taking the game with a blazing cross-court winner, but couldnt hold and needed a tiebreak to win the set. She cruised through the second set en route to her first semifinal berth since losing at Stuttgart in April. "I mean, after (the) first I was thinking about, OK, one set in the pocket, so (I was) feeling more confident of course," said Li. Radwanskas win was a measure of revenge after being eliminated in the quarter-finals by Errani at this years French Open. Radwanska and Errani traded breaks virtually the entire first set before Radwanska took the tiebreaker after a smooth volley drop and wide return from Errani on set point. The two players again traded breaks in the second set until Radwanska held serve at 6-5 when Errani returned long on double match point. Radwanska closed it out in just over two hours, avoiding any repeat of their 2012 meeting at the WTA Championship -- an epic three-and-a-half hour, three-set victory for Radwanska. The 24-year-old from Krakow has played well against Errani with seven wins in nine meetings. Her only loss prior to Roland Garros was in 2006 at Budapest. There are no Canadians left in the singles draw, but Ottawa native Gabriela Dabrowski and Torontos Sharon Fichman advanced to the doubles semifinal with a 6-7 (4), 6-2, 10-5 win over the No. 1-ranked doubles team of Errani and Italian partner Roberta Vinci. "We knew we had to play big tennis," said Dabrowski. "We couldnt go out there and hope for them to make any mistakes. It was imperative today that we kept going after the ball and pressuring them." In other doubles play, Jankovic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia ousted Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears 6-2, 6-4, while Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany and Czech Kveta Peschke won 7-5, 6-2 over Julia Goerges of Germany and Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova Dabrowski and Fichman will meet Jankovic and Srebotnik in the semifinal. Sean Johnson USA Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Omar Gonzalez USA Jersey . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.soccerusateamonline.com/Graham-Zusi-Copa-America-Jersey/ . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. USA Soccer Jerseys .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Gyasi Zardes Jersey . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Scott Heinrich runs the rule over the weekends racing and brings you all the best bets with UBET.Winterbottom StakesWestern Australias premier open-class sprint, The Winterbottom Stakes, is a race in two according to betting. In the orange-and-green corner we have the 2014 Darley Classic winner Terravista: in the red-and-yellow corner, the reigning Darley champ Malaguerra.Im with one of those runners, however Im not convinced the chances stop there. Lets cover the two favourites first, though.Malaguerra is my selection to win the race, mostly because I cant find reason enough not to tip him.For starters he is a top-class racehorse, as we saw at Flemington, but everything else is in his favour: the right trip (six from seven at 1200m), firm track, and Ben Melham should be able to get a nice sit just behind a good speed from gate one. If he gets an opening in the Ascot straight, he should be too good.Terravista was very good first-up off a lengthy break when finding only Redzel too sharp during the Melbourne Cup carnival. Hell strip fitter and is an obvious danger, but at the price Id prefer to be with the younger horse who may still have some upside.The locals did well last week in the Railway Stakes but these local sprinters look a rung or two below the standard set by the interstaters, and two other visitors of note are Takedown and Sheidel.Takedown is very interesting dropping back to what is certainly his best trip. He was good over further at Flemington and is another who has conditions to suit on Saturday. Might need luck from stall eight - that said, the past four winners of the Winterbottom have come from barriers 8-10 - but looks well worth an each-way ticket.Former WA mare Sheidel - who is nine from 10 at Ascot! - ran very well for fifth when leading them up in the Darley. She doesnt have to lead here and is a definite danger at a price under another fine Perth export, Damien Oliver.Recommended bet: Malaguerra to win @ $3.30 with UBET but include Takedown and Sheidel in all exotics.Best BetRosehill Race 9, No.6 Firsthand @ $4 with UBETThis four-year-old is building a very tidy record with three wins from just four starts.Lowered the colours of the smart Prince Of Brooklyn at just his second start prior to a spell, and last start beat another handy galloper in Sugar Bay Leonard when racing second-up.Crucially has race fiitness on his side on Saturday in a field comprising six first-up horses.ddddddddddddDrawn to get a sweet run on, or just behind, the pace and appeals as a very strong hope.Over the oddsMoonee Valley Race 6, No.2 Beluga Blue @ $7.50 with UBETA stakes-class mare who has returned to racing in excellent fashion, having won two from two in Adelaide since resuming from a spell.Beaten just three lengths in a Group I four starts back - and was then just behind the classy Chabaud in a Group III - yet here she is in a Benchmark 84 just 2.5kg above the minimum after Ben Allens claim. And is a mare in form!Looks massive overs and will be hard to hold out.Lay of the dayMoonee Valley Race 1, No.1 Invincibella @ $2.10 with UBETUndoubtedly the class runner but one or two question marks over this one.Is having her first run at Moonee Valley and first run over the mile - and she must also hump top weight in a small field where each of her rivals have won at either their most recent start or two runs back.Can win but shouldnt be entertained at such a short price.Under the oddsMoonee Valley Race 7, No.8 Little White Cloud @ $5 with UBETOne remarkable racehorse - and one remarkable training effort to get this comeback galloper to win at Flemington in his first start for three-and-a-half years.Back in 2013, Little White Cloud was a Group-class three-year-old, running second to the topliner Trading Leather before competing in the Irish Derby.Now seven - and with just six career starts to his name - the gelding finds himself in Australia, and is being asked to show the same zip second-up as he did three weeks ago; if the bounce factor means anything, it will mean something for this galloper.Even if he has come through his first-up exertions jumping, Little White Cloud is worse off at the weights against several rivals - including Hipparchus, who is 2.5kg better off for a 1.5L defeat - meaning improvement is probably required if he is to make it two from two in this country.Multi of the weekendMoonee Valley Race 3, No.1 Estaminet - PLACE @ $1.52Moonee Valley Race 6, No.2 Beluga Blue - PLACE @ $2.65Moonee Valley Race 7, No.9 Hipparchus - PLACE @ $2.40Rosehill Race 9, No.6 Firsthand - PLACE @ $1.75Multi odds: $16.92 with UBET ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de