Schneeflocken

Wolfpack ranks No. 6 nationally in Scout.coms

in So funktioniert das Forum 04.09.2019 08:18
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

MANCHESTER, England -- Embarking on the daunting task of replacing Alex Ferguson in the Manchester United dugout, David Moyes said he wont be intimidated by the presence of his illustrious predecessor at Old Trafford. Far from dreading replacing Ferguson, Moyes is starting out at United knowing he will never be able to match the achievements of British footballs most successful manager. "Impossible," Moyes said Friday. "To manage at this level for 26 years, and have his success, I dont think there will be any other manager that does for 26 years at a club like Manchester United at this level (again)." Between 1986 and 2013, Ferguson won 13 league titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, the Champions League twice, the European Cup Winners Cup, the European Super Cup, the Club World Cup and the Intercontinental Cup. The 50-year-old Moyes arrives at United having never won a major trophy as a manager, although during 11 years at Everton he impressed on a comparatively meagre budget. "Ive come to a club where success is tattooed across badge -- this club is about winning trophies and Ive come to continue that," Moyes said as he faced reporters for the first time as United manager. "Im determined to try to get the first one on the board. I am inexperienced in a lot of those things, some brilliant managers who could have taken this role." Rather than hiring a heavyweight like Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola, United replaced the 71-year-old Ferguson with a younger version cut from the same Glaswegian cloth. How Moyes replaced Ferguson is intriguing: there was no interview by the owning Glazer family, and the job was presented to him as a done deal in late April. "I knew nothing at all until Sir Alex gave me a call and asked me to come to his house," Moyes recalled. "I was expecting him to say he was going to take one of my players. I wasnt sure what he was going to say to me. I went in and the first thing he said to me was that he was retiring. "And I said, Yes, when? ... and he says, Next week. And his next words were, And you are the next Manchester United manager. I didnt get a chance to say, Yes or No. I was told I was the next Manchester United manager by Sir Alex and for me that was enough." Sitting inside Fergusons home, south of Manchester, Moyes remembers the "blood drained from my face." "I was really shocked, more shocked that Sir Alex had chosen to retire," Moyes said. "But inside I was incredibly thrilled that I was going to get the opportunity to manage Manchester United." Ferguson will remain at United as a director, and Moyes is happy for his fellow Scotsman to watch over him at matches. "I hope he is sitting in the directors box because he has been so good," Moyes said when asked if he would be intimidated by Fergusons continued presence. "I have already called him two or three times for some advice ... hes not there to pressure me." The former Celtic defender will be hoping he lasts longer the manager who replaced Matt Busby after his 24-year reign ended in 1969. Wilf McGuinness was out by December of his first season in charge, with Busby returning from the directors box to the dugout for the rest of the campaign. Clubs showing managers patience still isnt a trait at clubs. "It is something that should happen throughout football," Moyes said. "There are a lot of managers getting sacked very quickly." Moyes is reassured by the fact Ferguson retained the United job, to achieve his unparalleled success, despite taking until 1990 to collect his first title -- the FA Cup. "He had some hard years initially, but he has left me a really strong team which I think gives me a great chance of retaining the title," Moyes said. "Sir Alex will never go away. You can see his stand, you can see his statute. He is always going to be here. And Ive got to say, hes someone I will use for advice. But hopefully the supporters now realize it was his time to finish and that somebody else has to come in." Moyes first job is ensuring the dressing room copes with the unexpected managerial change. "The big thing for me has been the players and they have responded well," he said. While Fergusons reign was defined not only by trophies but also his combative approach to the media, Moyes showed no sign of irritation on Friday. Not even when fielding repeated questions about Wayne Rooneys future. The striker told Ferguson towards the end of last season that he wanted to leave, but Moyes said he wont be granted a transfer. "(Ferguson) said to me you have got a very, very good player ... a good player who over recent seasons has been a big player, made a big impact in games, scored a lot of goals," Moyes said. Moyes sidestepped questions about possible transfer targets, including Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who has been linked with a return to United. "This club will always go for the best players ... and a big part of my job is to bring through the young players from the academy," Moyes said. "I think we tried to do that as well as we possibly could at Everton, introduce young players to the team. And it is sort of in the DNA here." Mark Bavaro Youth Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Mark Bavaro Jersey . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. http://www.authenticnygiantspro.com/Lawrence-taylor-giants-jersey/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Evan Engram Giants Jersey . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Darius Slayton Womens Jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. RALEIGH, N.C. -- For now, all North Carolina State freshman Omer Yurtseven can do is work on his game and be patient.With all the attention on possible one-and-done freshman Dennis Smith Jr., the Turkish 7-footer gives the Wolfpack a second five-star prospect on an overhauled and potential-filled roster. But hes still waiting for the NCAA to clear him as eligible to play as an amateur.Practice starts Friday and the opener is six weeks away.I cant control it so Im trying not to think about it, Yurtseven said Thursday during the teams preseason media day. Just think about education and basketball, to control as I said what you can. Because thats not in your hands, so if you think about it more, all Its going to get you is frustration. And I dont want that.Yurtseven, a native of Istanbul, had a professional contract offer with a European club team, but opted to play college basketball and committed to the Wolfpack in May. The 18-year-old also has international experience, is considered a potential one-and-done talent himself and even had a 91-point game in a Turkish Under-18 game this spring.He played overseas and he grew up playing the game the right way, junior forward Abdul-Malik Abu said, so hes very skilled and has a super high IQ.Smiths debut at the point guard after enrolling in January to rehab a serious knee injury has caused the biggest buzz for the Wolfpack. And sixth-year coach Mark Gottfried isnt shying away from fueling the hype about Smith, calling him Thursday the best guard in the country even while saying he will have a learning curve as he transitions to the college level.But Yurtsevens commitment was a big deal, too, and a key reason why the Wolfpack ranks No. 6 nationally in Scout.coms recruiting rankings.Gottfried said Thursday that nothing has happened in a negative wayy during the NCAAs review process of Yurtsevens amateur status, saying there is plenty of discussion but no timetable for a decision.ddddddddddddIts not frustrating because quite honestly for us, theres really not a whole lot we can do about that, Gottfried said. Hes participated in every workout. Hes integrating himself with our team in a really positive way.Were approaching it with the hope he wont have to miss any games and move right in and play. If he does (have to sit out games), well deal with that, too.Yurtseven said he understands the evaluation process takes time.Youve just got to hope for the best, he said. I think that they should let me get cleared because I dont think I have done something wrong. But you know, theyre trying to do their part, so I cant do nothing but respect them. So thats what Im trying to do.While N.C. State has plenty of backcourt options, the Wolfpack sure could use Yurtseven up front. Abu (12.9 points, 8.8 rebounds) and 6-9 senior BeeJay Anya are back after offseason flirtations with the NBA draft, but Gottfried is leaning toward redshirting 6-9 senior Lennard Freeman to let him fully heal after an injury-plagued season following surgery to repair a fracture in his lower right leg in summer 2015.The opportunity is there, assuming Yurtseven suits up as planned.Its a new experience and its fun, he said. Im in a place that Ive never been in, a situation that I dont know if Ill live (through) ever again, a different situation than this. Im just trying to have fun, enjoy and hope for the best.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap and the APs college basketball site at http://collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de