Schneeflocken

ver meeting with Central Arkansas as the Bears

in Neuvorstellungen 20.08.2019 08:42
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony said he understands why LeBron James was offended by Phil Jacksons use of the word posse to describe the Cleveland Cavaliers stars business associates.I would never want to hear that word about me and my -- I dont want to say crew -- but people that I consider family or people that I come up (with), been through thick and thin with, Anthony said Tuesday. Id want to be called a tight-knit group or family. Thats what I consider those close people to me.I think everybody would understand [why the term is offensive]. I dont think you would have to be a rocket scientist or an educated person to understand what that means to us.Jackson, who was not made available to the media Tuesday, referred to James business associates as a posse during an interview with ESPNs Jackie MacMullan that was published earlier this week.Jackson made the statement in response to a question about James decision to leave the Miami Heat and sign with the Cavaliers, in the context of Pat Rileys tenure as Heat president.James business associate, Maverick Carter, took issue with Jacksons use of the word in an interview Monday with ESPNs Dave McMenamin, and James echoed those thoughts Tuesday.I had nothing but respect for [Jackson] as a coach for what he was able to do, James said. Obviously he was at the helm of (the team featuring) my favorite player of all time, (Michael Jordan), and also being there growing up and watching him with the Lakers, but I got nothing for him, James said of his level of respect for the New York Knicks president.Anthony hadnt read Jacksons comments on James in the Q&A but said he was briefed on the matter before speaking with the media.I know him and I dont think he would just say something to be saying it, Anthony said of James, his close friend. Whatever was said, Im pretty sure it hit home and he responded to it. I dont know exactly what was said.Anthony said he doesnt think Jackson meant to use the word posse in a racial connotation, but he also didnt want to speak on Jacksons behalf.Its different words that different people use in different ways, the Knicks star said. To some people, the word posse might not mean anything. It might just be a word. To some other people it could be a derogatory statement. It all depends on who you mention it to and who youre talking about in essence.In this sense [Jackson] was talking about four, five black men. Do I think he meant it in any kind of way? I really dont know. I dont think he did. I would hope that he didnt. Sometimes Phil just say things and he says the first thing that comes to mind. Probably hes in his office right now regretting it. With Phil, you never know whats going to be said, whats coming, and depending on whos listening. People take it the right way and people take it the wrong way. I just dont understand him talking about LeBron right now in November.Anthony added that he isnt concerned with how the James-Jackson interaction may impact the way free agents view the Knicks in future offseasons.No, that dont worry me, he said. I dont really know what was the gist of the conversation, what was the topic or why Phil was even talking about LeBron in the first place. I dont think we play them anytime soon. Its a whole month away.The Knicks next play the Cavs at home on Dec. 7. Nate Davis Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. A.J. Brown Youth Jersey . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. http://www.authentictitanspro.com/Curley-culp-titans-jersey/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Jeffery Simmons Jersey . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Corey Davis Youth Jersey . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. (STATS) -- The goal for every Eastern Washington opponent is to keep the Eagles high-powered offense off the field, not to let them run 100 offensive plays.The No. 2-seeded team did just that Saturday as quarterback Gage Gubrud accounted for 517 yards of total offense and three touchdowns in a 31-14 win over Central Arkansas in the second round of the FCS playoffs.Eastern Washington (11-1) will remain on the red turf of Roos Field in Cheney against Richmond (10-3), which rallied to beat No. 7 seed North Dakota, in next Saturdays quarterfinals.I was really proud of our players of finding a way to win, said EWU coach Beau Baldwin, whose team trailed 14-0 in the second quarter. It seemed like a grind at times, but certain imperfections are going to happen because you are playing a great opponent and there are only 16 teams left in the tournament. But we found a way to keep responding.Gubrud, a redshirt sophomore, was electrifying as he had a hand in all but 14 of Eastern Washingtons offensive yards. He completed a school-record 47 passes in 64 attempts for 449 yards and two touchdowns to his favorite receiver, Cooper Kupp, and carried the ball 15 times for 68 yards and a touchdown.The Eagles had to come from behind in their first-ever meeting with Central Arkansas as the Bears (10-3) went ahead 14-0 with two second-quarter touchdowns. But Gubrud put his team ahead by halftime with three scores in the final five minutes of the first half.He scored on a 1-yard run to cap a 14-play, 95-yard drive and make it 14-7. After Tysen Prunty recovered a UCA fumble on the ensuing kickoff, Gubbrud connected with Kupp for a 19-yard touchdown.dddddddddddd After the Bears went three-and-out, EWU kept a drive alive with a fake field goal and Gubrud capped it with a 6-yard TD to Kupp with 14 seconds left in the half.I felt like early we had a lot of good things going for us, UCA coach Steve Campbell said. But I felt the game kind of changed there somewhere in the second quarter. We were up 14-0 and felt like we really had a lot of momentum. But then they scored, we had the turnover and they scored, and then we gave up another one there before the half.Kendrick Bourne led the EWU receivers with 13 receptions for 126 yards.With 10 receptions, Kupp raised his season total to 101, marking his third season in the century club. He has 412 receptions, 6,156 receiving yards and 68 touchdown receptions in his career -- all-time records for both FCS and Division I.Kupps brother Ketner, a sophomore linebacker, had a team-high 11 tackles after starting in place of injured senior captain Miquiyah Zamora.UCAs 244 offensive yards and 14 points were the fewest against Eastern Washington this season. The Eagles defenses six lowest point totals are in their last six games.Im so proud of how our defense stepped up -- weve grown as the year has gone along, Baldwin said. I dont think people were believing me four or five weeks ago when they were talking about our shootouts with other teams. That wasnt really the reality. Our defense keeps playing great football. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de