Schneeflocken

gained just 22 yards on six carries in the loss, f

in Neuvorstellungen 20.08.2019 08:42
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

Cameron Crockett has ridden a countless number of horses in his life but none quite compare to his stable star Barbass.But the young trainer wants Barbass to make the transition from talented two-year-old to proven three-year-old in his first-up run against his own age group in a benchmark handicap over 1400m at Rosehill on Saturday.Crockett is the son of famed horse trainer Max and has ridden many of his better horses over the years.At his best hes probably the best horse Ive ever ridden, Crockett told AAP.Ive never ridden any champions but Ive ridden plenty of good horses for Dad.He just gives you a feel thats different to any other horse.While he doesnt doubt Barbasss ability, Crockett is wary of horses which performed well in their juvenile season holding their form as three-year-olds.Hes still a horse thats got to prove that what he did the first time wasnt a fluke, Crockett said.The horse was the Mudgee trainers first Group One runner when he finished near the tail of the field in the J J Atkins at Doomben on June 11.While the elite level might have come too soon, the most compelling form reference from Barbasss two-year-old preparation was a runner-up finish behind Skylight Glow in a race where Acatour was third.Both of those horses acquitted themselves well in Group company during the spring carnival.Two barrier trials over 1000m on November 6 and 18 showed Crockett that the sharpness which helped Barbass to win the $100,000 Inglis 2YO Classic (1100m) at Scone in May was no longer there.Hes given me every indication hes starting to need further now, Crockett said.After returning to the stable in August, bad weather in NSWs central west held up the horses preparation.He hasnt had an ideal prep but were getting back on top of things now hes had the couple of trials, Crockett said.Hes pretty fit. Id be disappointed if he wasnt running a good race on the weekend.Crockett said veteran trainer Les Bridge told him the difference between a good horse and a great horse was in improvement shown after a spell.Winx takes it to the next level every time she comes back in. Thats what separates her, Crockett said.With that in mind Crockett is hoping the best horse he has ever ridden will not fall the way of two-year-olds who fail to step up at three. Ashley Williams Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Custom Wales Soccer Jerseys . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. http://www.soccerwalesstore.com/aaron-ramsey-wales-UEFA-EURO-jersey/ . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Joe Ledley Wales Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Ashley Williams Wales Jersey .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. MINNEAPOLIS -- After a 34-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts?on Sunday pushed the Minnesota Vikings to the brink of playoff elimination, running back Adrian Peterson said he plans to play against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Saturday.Im planning to go, he said. Thats my mindset going forward.Peterson did not address what he would do if the Vikings are eliminated from playoff contention by their next home game, on Jan. 1 against the Chicago Bears.Im not going to go jump ahead to two weeks, Peterson said. Im going to just look forward to this week.When he was asked whether hed play against the Packers if the Vikings are eliminated from the playoff race before the game, Peterson said, I just said it. Should I answer it a different way?The running back returned from a torn meniscus on Sunday against the Colts, less than three months after hed been injured against the Packers on Sept. 18. He said he felt good enough to come out and play on Sunday, but his return left Peterson with few options to assert himself. The running back gained just 22 yards on six carries in the loss, fumbling at the end of a 13-yard carry in the second quarter. He carried the ball just twice in the second half.It was tough, he said. You look at the scoreboard, down by a couple touchdowns, and the run game is kind of irrelevant at that point. Of course, I dont like being on the sideline, but I have faith in [fellow RBs]?Matt [Asiata] and Jerick [McKinnon]. I just did nott imagine it going this way today.ddddddddddddPetersons fumble came at the end of his longest carry of the season, when Colts safety?Mike Adams forced the ball out as the running back was going down.I remember pushing with my left arm, and as I went down the ball got loose, Peterson said. I dont know if someone hit it out, but it was a poor job by me with ball security.Coach Mike Zimmer said on Sunday he thought Peterson was 100 percent healthy. Asked for his thoughts on Petersons day, Zimmer said, He looked fine. Fumbled the ball.Sources told ESPN last month that Peterson was shooting to return against the Colts or Packers. He returned to practice this week, saying he planned to come back for the Green Bay game, but Peterson and the Vikings pushed forward the timetable after the running back had a solid week of practice.Now Peterson, who said earlier this month it would be pointless to return this season if the Vikings werent in the playoff race, will have to hope for a scenario that keeps the Vikings hopes alive as they head to Lambeau Field on Saturday.I did not imagine that happening [after a 5-0 start], he said. I know how it can go throughout the season; it can switch on you. Unfortunately, that is what has happened to us, but we are just going to continue to fight. There is still opportunity that I am holding on to. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de