Schneeflocken

pearce to the NSW side for State of Origin III but opted not

in Eure Homepages 08.08.2019 08:31
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland coach Brenda Frese wondered if her players were fully awake for their late morning tip-off against in-state foe Mount St. Marys.They had turnovers, breakdowns on defense and uncharacteristically missed open shots. However, it didnt take long for the No. 6 Terrapins to fix the problem. Brionna Jones finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds to help No. 6 Maryland rout the Mountaineers 106-42 on Friday.Ieshia Small had 14 points off the bench for Maryland (3-0). Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Kaila Charles and Jenna Staiti added 10 points apiece for the Terrapins, who shot 58 percent from the field.I thought we had a really slow, sluggish start, Frese said. Our shots werent falling and we werent as crisp as we usually are. The second half was a much better indicator of how we want to play for 40 minutes.The Mountaineers (1-2) trailed only 18-13 at the end of the first quarter. But the Terrapins used their size to take control. The 6-foot-3 Jones scored 12 points to boost the lead to 34-18 with 3:37 left in the second quarter.We have a lot of weapons on our team, Jones said. Anybody can come off the bench and score. Were just going to keep playing our brand of basketball.The Mountaineers tried to stay in the game by hoisting three-pointers, but they went 3 of 21 and trailed 37-20 at the break. They finished 7 of 32 from behind the arc.A pair of free throws and layup by freshman Destiny Slocum boosted the margin to 57-25 midway through the third quarter, and the only uncertainty was whether Maryland would score 100 or more points for the third straight game.A 3-pointer by Sarah Myers gave Maryland a 100-39 lead late in the fourth quarter.Katrice Dickson led Mount St. Marys with 12 points.I thought we played really well in the first quarter, Mountaineers coach Bryan Whitten. We became very undisciplined on the offensive side in the second quarter. You give up 37 points in the first half, you think youre in a good spot.BIG PICTUREMount St. Marys: The Mountaineers started four guards to play uptempo and put their best shooters in the floor. The strategy worked early before the Terrapins did a better job protecting the ball and wearing them down.Maryland: Frese is pleased with the quick start of her team, which has averaged 104 points in three games against much weaker programs. Her deep roster will help create matchup problems for most opponents this season.FAB FRESHMANMaryland freshmen Destiny Slocum and Kaila Charles were in the starting lineup for the third consecutive game. Both played well enough to maintain those spots. Charles scored in double figures for the third time, and Slocum has seamlessly run the plays at point guard.FINDING A HOMEThe Mountaineers Mikal Johnson, a graduate transfer, is playing for her third college program. Johnson played two seasons at Rider, where she was a MAAC All-Rookie Team selection, and then one year at Liberty. After scoring in double figures in each of the first two games, Johnson had three points against Maryland.UP NEXTMt. St. Marys: The Mountaineers host Fairfield on Sunday.Maryland: The Terrapins play at Niagara on Sunday in their first road trip. Blake Wheeler Jersey . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Dustin Byfuglien Jersey . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. http://www.jetsauthentic.com/authentic-mathieu-perreault-jets-jersey/ . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. Connor Hellebuyck Jersey . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Patrik Laine Jersey . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Coach Laurie Daley considered recalling Mitchell Pearce to the NSW side for State of Origin III but opted not to because he didnt want to expose the Sydney Roosters star to being the Blues fall guy once again.Halfback Adam Reynolds pulled out of the NSW side for game three on Wednesday due to a shoulder injury. Matt Moylan has been recalled to the Blues side, with the Penrith captain to battle it out with Jack Bird to play alongside James Maloney in the Blues halves.Pearce has often borne the brunt of criticism following a Blues series loss and that was again the case last year as NSW failed to defend the Origin shield.We considered a couple of guys but Mitch has only had that one game back and it has been a stop-start year for him so I thought it was better to leave him alone, let him concentrate on his club and finish his year off strongly, Daley said.We did consider him but I dont want to put too much pressure on Mitch. He has been the fall guy for a number of years and I dont want tto put him in that situation again, given it is a limited preparation.dddddddddddd That is just me. I want to protect people.Due to his suspension for his Australia Day antics Pearce had little chance to put forward a case for Origin representation this year and Reynolds made his interstate debut in game one and followed that up in game two.Pearce suffered a calf injury three games after returning from suspension and has only played four in total this season.However with South Sydney star Reynolds sidelined as he continues to battle with the shoulder injury he suffered in game two, Pearce was an option for Daley.Daley spoke to Pearce earlier this year but didnt consult him ahead of game three.I havent spoken to Mitch but he is a guy who at his best is a tremendous player, Daley said.But with a limited preparation I didnt want to put too much pressure on him. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de