Schneeflocken

We dont feel pressure

in Neuvorstellungen 09.03.2019 02:59
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

SALT LAKE CITY -- Travis Wilson weaved his way through the sea of red, torn between retreating to the locker room and celebrating this signature win with the Utah faithful that had stormed the field. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Like he really had a choice, especially after the enthusiastic crowd lifted him up. Thats what happens after a quarterback helps orchestrate the biggest upset at home in school history and the most significant victory the Utah has had since moving to the Pac-12 three years. The Utes made a goal-line stand in the final minute and Wilson threw two TD passes in a 27-21 victory against No. 5 Stanford on Saturday. It was the first time in school history the Utes (4-2, 1-2 Pac-12) have knocked off a top-five program at Rice-Eccles Stadium. They beat No. 4 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl following the 2008 season. "Great win," Wilson simply said. "Our plan was perfect tonight." Not surprisingly, the fans rushed the field after the final gun. The ring leader? Defensive end Trevor Reilly. "I was waving them on, saying, Lets go!" Reilly said. "We came through tonight." The defence certainly did. Kevin Hogan marched the Cardinal down to the 6 with a minute remaining. On third down, he threw an incomplete pass to Charlie Hopkins. Then, on fourth down, amid heavy pressure, Hogan overthrew Devon Cajuste. The Utes took a knee twice to end the game, along with the 13-game winning streak of Stanford (5-1, 3-1). "Theyre good. Theyve always been good and we just werent good enough," Stanford coach David Shaw said. "This is as well as Ive seen Utah play on the offensive side. They really strung things together." Utah kept Stanfords stingy defence off balance all day with a mix of draws and wide receiver screens. Dres Anderson caught a 51-yard TD pass and scored another on a short run. Bubba Poole finished with 111 yards rushing and had another 75 on seven catches. Ty Montgomery returned a kickoff for a touchdown for a second straight week. This time, Montgomery took the ball a few steps deep in the end zone and darted through the Utes before going 100 yards, tying a Stanford record. Cajuste made a diving catch on a fade route to trim the Utah lead to 27-21 with 9:22 remaining, but the Cardinal couldnt complete the comeback. "It seems to be that our thing as a team this year is toughness," Reilly said. "I think that was personified there on the last stand." A week after throwing six interceptions, Wilson showed more poise in the pocket. His only mistake was on a screen, when his pass was tipped and picked off by Joe Hemschoot. Wilson finished 23 of 34 for 234 yards. He cut his throwing hand on a hard tackle early in the third quarter, continuously wiping the top of it on his towel. But the injury didnt seem to affect his touch. Neither did those interceptions. "Hes a resilient kid. Tough as nails," coach Kyle Whittingham said. "We had a feeling he was going to come back and play like he did tonight. Bottom line, he bounced back. Hes got a lot of competitive spirit." Utah showed its spunk, bouncing back from a close loss last week to UCLA. "We werent able to make the plays (last week)," Whittingham said. "The difference tonight, we were able to make those plays." Stanford struggled on offence in the second half, turning the ball over twice on fumbles with Reilly recovering both. The Utes turned those into field goals by Andy Phillips. Phillips, a former U.S. ski team member, is 11 for 11 this season. Kevin Hogan dropped to 10-1 as a starter. It was a week filled with controversy for Stanford after Washington coach Steve Sarkisian accused the Cardinal of faking injuries to slow down the tempo, leaving Stanfords David Shaw to vigorously defend his program. That wasnt an issue. Stopping Utah in the first half was. Utah went on a season-long 99-yard drive in the second quarter, culminating with Andersons 3-yard score on an end-around. It gave Utah a 21-14 at halftime. It was a day of firsts for the Stanford defence, which hadnt allowed an opening quarter TD all season until Saturday. Karl Williams scored on a 4-yard pass from Wilson on Utahs opening drive and Anderson later hauled in a 51-yard pass from Wilson. It was Andersons fifth play of 50 or more yards this season. Montgomery joins Bob Bryan (1950 against San Francisco) and Damon Dunn (1994 at Arizona State) with 100-yard kickoff returns for Stanford. Last week, Montgomery had a 99-yard TD return to open the game against Washington. Montgomery finished with three returns for 160 yards against Utah. "Utah played their hearts out," Montgomery said. Cheap Magic Jerseys .com) - Delon Wright made all 12 of his free throws and finished with 21 points and six assists as No. Melvin Frazier Jersey . Prado stuck his glove down with Colorados Charlie Blackmon sliding into the bag, and quickly jumped back in pain after applying the tag. Prado held his left wrist as trainers came out of the Diamondbacks dugout to check him. http://www.cheapmagicjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jerian-grant-jersey . Rinne had surgery on his left hip May 9 and recovered in time to start the season. He then had arthroscopic surgery on Oct. 24 because of a bacterial infection in his hip.The Toronto Raptors will look to avoid a 2-0 series deficit in their first-round Eastern Conference match-up when they welcome the Brooklyn Nets to the Air Canada Centre for Game 2 tonight. The Nets captured the first game of the series 94-87 on Saturday. The action can be seen live on TSN, TSN GO and TSN Radio 1050 Toronto NOW. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson both scored a game-high 24 points and Kevin Garnett grabbed eight boards for the Nets, as the visitors claimed the opening game of the best-of-seven series. Kyle Lowry led the way for the home team, as he poured in 22 points in a team high 44 minutes and Jonas Valanciunas delivered a 17 point, 18 rebound performance in his playoff debut in the losing cause. Raptors All-Star DeMar DeRozan struggled in his first playoff game, scoring 14 points off 3-for-13 shooting from the floor, including an 0-4 from behind the three point line. "I think with as much energy was going on, it felt like things were going faster than they were," said DeRozan, "I dont need a whole other playoff round to get ready for it. I watched a lot of film. I understand. Im definitely not going to make the same mistakes twice. Its adjustments." Raptors head coach Dwane Casey knows his team needs come out on top of their second home game before the series shifts to Brooklyn. "Its important we win," said Casey. "Going down 0-2 is very difficult to come out of. Must win? I dont think that means were done (if we lose). We want to win but we still have games to be played. IIt would make it very difficult. Terrence Ross Jersey. I wouldnt say its dire. Its tough, but its not over with if (we lose).” As for the mental state of his squad, Casey believes with the first game out of the way his team will be more composed and ready to rise to the level of their competition. "Were disappointed but were anxious to get a second chance at it," said Casey. "I think the second time around well get the first game jitters away, out of us. We know were fighting a veteran, crusty team thats been there before. We worked on some things, made some adjustments in certain situations that we know we can do better." Greivis Vasquez, who scored 18 points and added 8 assists for the Raptors in Game 1, does not believe the importance of the game will get to him or his teammates. "We dont feel pressure, man, at all," said Vasquez. "We feel like the first game, we were anxious. I havent been in the playoffs in two years. A couple of guys have been in the playoffs, too, but havent been out there in a couple years." Nets forward Paul Pierce, who had a 15 point performance in Game 1, said following the game that he thrives in tough moments on the road. "I really feed off the emotions of the crowd, especially on the road,” said Pierce. “I think its more gratifying than winning at home, I love those moments." Only 16 of 255 teams in NBA history have ever comeback from an 0-2 deficit to capture a seven-game series. With files from TSN Raptors reporter Josh Lewenberg ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de