Schneeflocken

had suuccess in some of their biggest mat

in Neuvorstellungen 06.03.2019 08:22
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- John Stephen Jones, grandson of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, was greeted first by his dad, tears streaming down the face of team CEO Stephen Jones after Dallas Highland Park clinched a Texas state high school championship.The younger Jones scored two touchdowns, including the go-ahead score from the 1-yard line on fourth down in the third quarter, and Highland Park beat Temple 16-7 for the Class 5A Division I title Saturday.So happy for all the Scots, said Stephen Jones, who two days earlier had to stop in the middle of an answer to keep from choking up while talking about his sons pursuit of a state crown. Of course, love him to death. Dont know what else to say. Its just raw emotion.John Stephen, the offensive MVP, scored his first touchdown on a 36-yard run in the first half in front of 35,089 fans at AT&T Stadium, the $1.2 billion home of the Cowboys built mostly with Jerry Jones money.Jerry Jones hugged his grandson after Highland Park (14-2) clinched its fourth state title and first since 2005. The postgame scene turned into a jubilant celebration for the Jones family.Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, who attended several Highland Park games during the season, watched with Jerry Jones in a suite.Stephen Jones sat in the stands with the other parents, just as he did throughout the six-game playoff run that included games at the teams new 12,000-seat indoor practice facility that doubles as a home field for schools in the suburb of Frisco, 30 miles north of Dallas.Hes been by my side each step of this whole thing since spring, the younger Jones, a junior, said of his dad. My freshman year, when I got hurt last year, hes been giving me advice, cheering me on with my mom. Its been awesome.Temple (12-4) went ahead 7-0 on a 38-yard run by Jemiyah Franklin, followed by a 16-play drive from its 8-yard line to the Highland Park 22. The march ended on a failed fourth-down pass as Temple dropped to 2-7 in title games in its second appearance in three seasons.Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, a Highland Park alum, had a pregame message that was shown on the huge video board hanging over the middle of the field. Stafford led Highland Park to its 2005 title.Leading 14-7, Highland Park stopped Temple on fourth-and-1 at its 4-yard line early in the fourth quarter when Bennett Brock and John House stuffed Zion Leach at the line of scrimmage.Highland Park padded its lead with a safety when Michael Clarkes punt pinned Temple at its 1 and two plays later Reid Hesse was sacked in the end zone by Turner Coxe with 5 minutes remaining.John Stephen Jones long TD run on a quarterback draw pulled Highland Park even at 7-all late in the second quarter.Paxton Alexander led Highland Park with 144 yards rushing on 26 carries and John Stephen Jones was 9 of 23 for 96 yards with an interception. He was sacked three times and finished with 29 yards rushing.Franklin had 78 yards rushing, and Hesse was 21 of 31 for 177 yards with an interception. Jordan 5 Cheap China . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Jordan 5 For Sale Cheap Real . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. http://www.cheapairjordan5.net/ . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Jordan 5 Retro Cheap . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. Jordan 5 Cheap Real . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. RIO DE JANEIRO -- A three-minute momentum shift triggered one of the biggest Olympic wins in United States womens field hockey.Agustina Albertarrio appeared to break a scoreless tie two minutes into the third period, but the Argentines goal was nullified. A few minutes later, Katie Reinprecht slipped one under the goalkeeper to give the Americans the lead. The United States went on to defeat No. 2 Argentina 2-1 Saturday in its opening match.United States coach Craig Parnham said his team handled the swing well.Those can sort of flip a game on its head, but there still was a lot of hockey to be played after that, and I thought we did a nice job of continuing to play, he said. It was important for us to keep the pressure on Argentina, and I thought we did that for the second part of the game.Reinprechts shot didnt generate much power.That first goal we scored, if you saw it coming, youre thinking, `Thats probably not going to go in, United States goalkeeper Jackie Briggs said. But you just never know. Youve got to shoot it.Michelle Kasold scored on a penalty corner with 10:26 to play to put the United States up 2-0. Delfina Merino got Argentina on the board with 3:27 remaining, but the Americans held on.The United States dominated much of the second half after a rough start.I think the first period, we started a little slow, maybe a little bit tentative, Parnham said. Weve got some players that have not played on this stage before. It may be better attributed to that.Argentina is among the sports greatest powers. The Argentines won the Champions Trophy final over No. 1-ranked Netherlands in June and entered this tournament with confidence.The United States has had suuccess in some of their biggest matchups with the Argentines.ddddddddddddThe Americans beat them during the 2012 London Games before Argentina eventually recovered and earned silver. The United States also beat Argentina last year in the gold medal match at the Pan American Games.The Americans havent medaled since 1984, when they claimed bronze in Los Angeles. The United States gained momentum this year by placing third in the Champions Trophy in June, and its No. 5 world ranking is its highest ever.The Americans spent most of the first period defending their side of the field, but they never broke, and the match was scoreless after the first 15 minutes, despite Argentinas 6-0 shot advantage.The United States controlled the action through much of the second period, with six shots to Argentinas two. The Americans couldnt break through, and the match remained scoreless at halftime.We didnt play our best hockey and we came out 0-0, and thats always a good thing, to be able to not play your best and still not get scored on, Briggs said.Argentina manufactured 13 shots in the match, but Briggs was up for the challenge.Jackies done a nice job in there tonight for us, and for the rest of this week and the next two weeks of this tournament, were going to need her to be on song, Parnham said. She weathered the early storm and did well for us and kept us in the game.The United States will play No. 3 Australia on Monday.If we play our game and stick to our game plan, we can beat anybody, Briggs said.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: (at)CliffBruntAP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de