Schneeflocken

on him and support him and work off each other.Its the first o

in Neuvorstellungen 06.03.2019 08:21
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

Tejaswin Shankar added to his senior record-surpassing effort in the high jump at the 32nd Junior Nationals by also winning the gold medal in the triple jump event at the Nehru stadium in Coimbatore. But in a goof-up that neither the AFI (Athletics Federation of India) nor the Tamil Nadu State Athletics Association were willing to claim responsibility for, no gold medal was available for Shankar. The organisers of the junior nationals had run out of medals for the competition.In all there was a shortfall of 29 gold medals, 27 silver and as many bronze medals.AFI secretary general CK Valson said that while the medals had been procured from Delhi, he had only been made aware of the shortage in the last day of the event. There are 125 events in the junior nationals so sometime it becomes difficult to keep track of the number of medals. But if there were fewer number of medals that had been procured, we should have been told in advance. We could have brought more medals from Delhi, he says.Latha, the treasurer of the Tamil Nadu athletics federation - the event organisers - said that it was the AFIs job to get the medals from Delhi and the organisers role was to give what medals were available to the athletes.In an effort to address the situation, Valson said that the AFI would post the medals to the respective state associations which would subsequently disburse the medals.While long jumpers often participate in the triple jump event, a high jumper taking part in the triple is unusual. Shankar was taking part in the triple jump event for only the second time in his career. The 17-year-old won gold in the Delhi state championships held a couple of months earlier, which was just a few weeks since he took up the triple jump event.He cleared 15.21m, to better Tamil Nadus K Kamalraj who jumped 14.91. Shankar, though, was unable to get either the meet or national U-18 record which stand at 15.63 and 15.52 respectively.Shankars form had the refinement that can be expected of someone with just a couple of months of practice in an event known for its technical challenge. Former Long jumper Anju Bobby George who was present at the venue would say Shankar had a strong step and jump phase but was very weak in the initially hop jump and in his landing. Despite those limitations, Shankar was still far ahead of the field.While his flaws were noticeable, its not something Shankar is bothered by. I only take part in the triple jump because the drills are something that help me in the high jump as well. I was expecting to win a gold but I wasnt thinking of getting a record. The triple jump is just a fun event for me, he says.He, however, missed out on the best athlete award in the U-18 boys category. Considering that he had broken the senior national record, Shankar might have been expected to claim the award. Instead it went to Haryanas Dipender Dabas who won the U-18 shot put event with a meet record.It was a quirk of the system that decided it. The recipient of the award is calculated according to an IAAF points system. By jumping 2.26m, Shankar earned 1144 points as per the system. Dabas who threw the shot 20.65m, took 1159 points. However, unlike Shankar who was competing in essentially an open competition, Dabas was using a lighter shot put (weighing 5kg as against the senior shot that weighs 6kg). As such, Dabas had a distinct advantage when points were being calculated.Indeed, the best athletes in all the boys categories (U-20, U-18, U-16 and U-14) went to shot putters. Yes it seems like they have an advantage because of the implements they are using, but there is no way to calculate the points for a junior event where the equipment is lighter, Dr. Tony Daniel, Technical Committee chairman of the federation, said.?As it stands, Shankar will head home to Delhi with a medal and a national record. He will have to collect the second gold medal from the AFI office.? Cheap Basketball Shoes Free Shipping . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Cheap Basketball Shoes Wholesale . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. http://www.basketballshoescheap.net/ . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Wholesale Basketball Shoes China . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. Clearance Basketball Shoes Online . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. MONTREAL -- The Florida Panthers rallied for a crucial win in their most recent outing. Now theyre hoping it gives them some momentum as they embark on a four-game road trip.Trailing 2-0 in the third period against the Islanders on Saturday, the Panthers tied it late in regulation and emerged victorious when rookie Denis Malgin scored late in overtime. With the win, Florida continued its pattern of alternating wins and losses in its past seven games.That was a big win for us, goaltender Roberto Luongo told reporters after the game. Not just the matter of getting a win, but something of a rallying point for guys. Hopefully, we can build around, take the momentum, the emotions of the win and carry it through the next little while here.Last seasons Atlantic Division champions, the Panthers (7-7-1) entered the 2016-17 campaign expected to once again challenge for the title. But early-season injuries to key players have plagued the club, which finds itself sixth in the division, albeit only five points out of second place. The team infirmary is starting to clear out, however. Veteran Jussi Jokinen recently returned and center Nick Bjugstad could make his season debut later in the week.Jonathan Marchessault has been a pleasant surprise for Florida and leads the team with eight goals and 14 points. The early season hasnt been as kind to star defenseman Aaron Ekblad, who finds himself with two points on the year thus far, both goals.I got to get into the offensive zone, I got to get pucks to the net, he told the Sun-Sentinel. I cant be looking to pass or make plays. My job is getting pucks to the net, not be the rush, but be supportive in it.In his third NHL season, Ekblad started the year as now the mentor after being the protege to former Panthers Brian Campbell and Willie Mitchell. Head coach Gerard Gallant paired him with rookie Mike Matheson, a Montreal native, but the duo struggled and was split upp before Saturdays game, putting Ekblad with Mark Pysyk.ddddddddddddIt takes time to gel, time to get used to each other, time to build that kind of chemistry, Ekblad said to the Sun-Sentinel. I always had an older guy to lean on. Now, after three years, its my job to instill that knowledge that I learned from them on him and support him and work off each other.Its the first of four meetings between the two clubs. Last year, Florida swept the season series.The Canadiens (13-2-1) are coming off just their second regulation loss of the season after falling to the Blackhawks on Sunday night in Chicago. After a one-and-done road trip, the Habs return to the cozy confines of the Bell Centre, which hasnt been welcoming to visitors this season.Montreal is a perfect 10-0-0 at home, outscoring its opponents 37-12 in those games. Only one team has managed to get more than two goals into the Canadiens net at the Bell Centre. It broke a franchise record and is the second-longest home winning streak to start an NHL season, tying the 1924-25 Ottawa Senators.The 1963-64 Chicago Blackhawks hold the record, which stands at 11. The Canadiens can match that with a win against the Panthers.A large part of Montreals success -- at home and overall -- has been the remarkable play by Carey Price between the pipes.The way Carey is playing, he gives us a lot of confidence as a team, coach Michel Therrien said following Saturdays home win over Detroit. Hes a true leader.Center David Desharnais was slated to sit out a second straight game on Saturday but drew back in after Brian Flynn was a late scratch due to an upper-body injury. The Canadiens had the day off on Monday but they did call up forward Chris Terry from the AHLs St. Johns IceCaps. Terry leads the AHL club with 15 points in 10 games. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de