Schneeflocken

Philadelphia Union to snap a three-game

in So funktioniert das Forum 19.01.2019 09:01
von Dogcat250 | 1.181 Beiträge

CHESTER, Pa. -- The Montreal Impact tightened up defensively on Saturday, but had to rein in their offence to get it done. Montreal couldnt match last-weeks five goal performance, instead settling for a 0-0 draw against the Philadelphia Union to snap a three-game losing streak in Major League Soccer. "I think if you look back at our last five games on the road, weve given up goals," said assistant coach Mauro Biello, manning the sidelines in place of the suspended Marco Schallibaum. "Three goals, four goals, we wanted to make it a point to play well defensively. On the road its not easy to win, and if were able to shut a team down on the road, I think its a good sign." The Impact (12-7-6) improved to 42 points, and now sits in a three-way tie for first in MLSs Eastern Conference with the New York Red Bulls and Sporting Kansas City. The two American clubs caught up to Montreal as New York beat D.C. United 2-1 and Kansas City edged the Colorado Rapids 2-1. The Impact, however, have two games in hand heading into September. "We would like to create separation, but we know how hard it is," Biello said. "Every game is difficult. Theyre a team, fighting like us and trying to get into the playoffs. They did a good job tonight and didnt give us much. Defensively they shut down Marco and Felipe and they didnt get much room. Its a playoff type game, where no one really wants to give up much and try to accumulate the points where you can." Slow to start, Montreal could only muster one first half shot on goal. Pouncing on a Philadelphia turnover, Justin Mapps 24th minute shot was knocked down by Zac MacMath into the path of an onrushing Marco Di Vaio. But the Impacts star striker missed his shot wide and was ruled offside on the play. Troy Perkins made a key save for Montreal to keep the game scoreless at the half. Latching onto a low cross, Sebastien Le Touxs one-time effort was parried away by the sprawling Impact goalkeeper. Jack McInerneys follow-up effort went wide of the near post. "The last five or six road games have been really hectic, really crazy," Perkins said. "We had a bit of a calmness to us, and it showed. We didnt give up too many chances, and we didnt create many either, but I think defensively we were solid tonight and its a great building block for us to move forward." Perkins came up big again in the 57th minute, denying a fierce McInerney strike from 25 yards . The Impact backline was able to clear after the ball bounced around dangerously inside the penalty area. Di Vaio looked to have scored his 16th goal of the year in the 61st minute after a nifty bit of interchanging play. Freeing himself inside the left channel, his curling effort beat MacMath but was called back for another offside flag. Philadelphia came closest in the 77th, when Fabinho crossed superbly for an unmarked McInerney inside the six-yard box. But the snake-bitten Union striker couldnt make contact and the ball sailed past a frozen Impact backline. "Its a good result for us away," said Montreal captain Patrice Bernier. "We were okay. It wasnt a great game for us but we defended well. They had one or two solid chances, we had one or two also, so it was a fair enough game. They had most of the control, maybe we had heavy legs, but we managed to come out with the result and we wanted to come up with points on the road. Lately we havent been coming home with any points, so at this time of the year one point is good for us, and a blank sheet at the same time." The result gave the Impact its first road point going all the way back to a 3-3 draw against Toronto on July 3rd. Schallibaums team had been outscored 9 to 2 in three road losses since that game. Steve Young Jersey . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3. Tom Rathman Jersey . Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick says thats the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county Medical Examiners Office. http://www.officialsanfrancisco49ersfoot...e-jersey-womens. Pillar is batting .305 with 17 extra-base hits, 19 RBI and five stolen bases in 34 games for Buffalo this season. The right-handed hitter had an International League high, 18-game hitting streak this season and currently owns an IL high 26-game on base streak. Ronnie Lott Jersey .com) - Eric Fehr and Marcus Johansson each registered a pair of goals, as Washington spoiled the head coaching debut of Peter Horachek by picking up a 6-2 victory in Toronto on Wednesday. Jaquiski Tartt Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line.GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Phoenix got so many power-play chances, one was bound to be successful. And one was all it took. Shane Doan scored his 350th career goal on one of Phoenixs six third-period power plays and the Coyotes went on to beat the Calgary Flames 3-2 Saturday night. Chris Summers got his first NHL goal and Rob Klinkhammer also scored to put Phoenix up 2-0 after one period. Calgary got power-play goals from Curtis Glencross and Mikael Backlund to tie it at 2 after two. On the third power play of the final period, Rahim Vrbata rocketed a shot toward the net and Doan deflected it past Joni Ortio for the deciding goal with 11:11 to play. "I dont ever remember it happening for us, always against us," Doan said of the avalanche of penalties against Calgary. "On a power play, you have to stay patient." Doan had hit the post with a shot on a power play earlier in the game. "I was so frustrated," he said. "I thought I had it. And I had some other opportunities. In the first period, I turned the puck over a couple of times that gave them opportunities and a little bit of life. You never want to do that. So to get a way to contribute was nice." The win gave the Coyotes 75 points and pulled them into a tie with Dallas, the Western Conferences No. 8 team. The Stars have played two fewer games and hold the tiebreaker. "I cant remember the last time I saw six penalties like that," Calgarys Mike Cammalleri said. "We need to learn a little lesson there and they had more discipline. Its a tough one to take." The Coyotes Mike Smith, strong all night, had 29 saves, while Ortio stopped 23 shots. Phoenix had five power plays through 10 minutes of the first 13:13 of the third period. Sutton scored on a slick deflection of Lauri Korpikoskis pass just 4:35 into the game. His first NHL goal came in his 34th career game. Sutton also was on the ice at crunch time in the waning minutes of the game. "Ive been with the organnization a long time," he said.dddddddddddd "I was drafted in 2006. Its great to be put in those situations." Phoenix made it 2-0 with 9:43 left in the opening period thanks to a miscue by Ortio. Ortio, recalled from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League on Feb. 3, and playing in his seventh NHL game, ventured behind the net to try to clear the puck but lost control of it. It went right to Klinkhammer, who tapped it into the empty net for his 10th goal. Calgary cut the lead to 2-1 on a power-play goal by Glencross 7:46 into in the second period. With Derek Morris in the penalty box for holding, Glencross positioned himself directly in front of the net, and glanced Cammalleris sizzling shot past Smith. Another power-play goal tied it for Calgary moments later. Backlund scored from a crowd in front of the net and it was 2-2 with 4:23 left in the second period. The Flames nearly got another goal in the final seconds of the second when Cammalleri got the puck point-blank in front of the net, but Smith was able to knock the shot away with his right pad. It was one of several shots from up close that Smith blocked. Phoenix was playing its first game back after a four-games-in six-days trip to the East. "We got up 2-0," Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. "They pushed hard in the second and got themselves back in the game, but the third period, we played hard and drew some penalties. Fortunately, our power play which has been our strength all year, gave us the winning goal." On Friday night, Calgary trailed at Dallas 3-1 with eight minutes to play in regulation before rallying to force overtime, then win in the shootout 4-3. Notes: Ortio opened the season with the Alaska Aces of the Eastern Hockey League. ... Calgary plays 16 games in 31 days in March. ... Phoenixs Brandon McMillan played in his 100th career NHL game. ... The Coyotes were without C Martin Hanzal with a lower-body injury. ... Backlund got a crosschecking penalty on a third-period faceoff. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13455 Themen und 24999 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de