Schneeflocken

Terrence Edwards says his body has

in So funktioniert das Forum 19.01.2019 09:00
von Dogcat250 | 1.181 Beiträge

WINNIPEG -- He wasnt pushed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and thinks he could still play but, at nearly 35 years of age, veteran CFL all-star receiver Terrence Edwards says his body has been giving him messages that the time is right to retire. "My body has been starting to tell me that my career has been coming to an end," the soft-spoken Georgia native said Tuesday from his home in Atlanta. He wanted to dispel any suggestions he was being pushed, after musing earlier this year that he might return for a season or two and said he was keeping another promise, to retire from football in a Bomber uniform. "It was my decision, it wasnt a decision that was made by the club forcing me to retire. . I just thought it was the best time for me right now to move on from playing professional football." The Bombers praised him as one of their greats and his numbers back that up. He sits fourth on the all-time team list for receiving yards at 7,200, produced five 1,000-yard-plus seasons and 24 100-yard-plus games, second only to Milt Stegall in that regard among Bombers receivers. He was a league all-star twice and a divisional all-star three times. "Terrence will retire today as one of the best receivers in the history of this franchise," said general manager Kyle Walters in a statement. "He was a leader of the clubs offence for many years and players like him simply do not come along every day. He was a special player in our league, and we thank him for everything he has done for our organization." As a Bomber, he never failed to gain at least 500 receiving yards and pushed his CFL career totals to 508 catches for 7,637 yards and 47 touchdowns by the end of 2013. And that includes last season, when his playing time was limited by injuries. He also mentioned Tuesday what went on last year in the Bomber locker-room but wouldnt go into any details. It was not a happy place to be, as the team struggled and finished tied for their worst season in the 18-game CFL at 3-15. It cost the teams president, general manager and coach their jobs. But injuries were certainly a factor in his decision, agreed Edwards. "Getting freak injuries throughout the whole year last year. And thats one thing I always told myself, that if I had a major injury Id retire and I did have a major injury last year." He had off-season surgery to repair an injured foot that was the most serious problem he faced in 2013, although he also missed a couple of games due to an injured shoulder. Also nagging at him, he confessed, is the fact that none were contact injuries. He says he wants to be able to run around with his two young sons without having to take pain killers. "That was also in my decision-making process." When Edwards entered the CFL he was known as the younger brother of running back Robert Edwards, a first-round NFL draft pick who played for the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins before moving to the CFL, first with Montreal then with the Toronto Argonauts. Terrence Edwards also had a very brief try in the NFL in 2003 with the Atlanta Falcons but it was in the CFL that he made his mark. After two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes, his debut in a Bomber uniform in 2007 saw him record 1,280 yards and nine touchdowns. There is no question he will be missed. "Terrence Edwards has been a consummate professional for the Winnipeg Football Club throughout the past seven years, and I would personally like to thank him for representing our club with class, hard work, and a burning desire to be successful," said Bomber president Wade Miller. "He may be hanging them up but he will always remain a member of the Blue Bomber family." Edwards says he has plans for life after football but declined to go into any detail. He also suggested he wouldnt mind coaching at some point. He enjoys playing recreational basketball and will continue to do that. "But right now I just want to relax, and step away from it for a little while . . . I think I just want to be a fan now and watch the games." Air Force 1 Australia Sale . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. http://www.airforce1cheapaustralia.com/. Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship. Wholesale Air Force 1 Australia . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St. Air Force 1 Australia Online . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.MONTREAL - The Vanier Cup game will be a special day for former CFL fullback Michael Soles.The former Edmonton Eskimo and Montreal Alouette will act as co-honorary president with ex-Governor General Adrienne Clarkson of the game on Saturday between the University of Montreal Carabins and the McMaster Marauders.He can expect a warm ovation from the crowd of more than 20,000 at Percival Molson Stadium at McGill University, as much for his stellar football career as for the nine-year battle he is still waging with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrigs disease.Before his CFL career, Soles starred for the McGill Redmen when they won their last Vanier Cup in 1987, an upset 47-11 victory over the University of British Columbia. The Pointe-Claire, Que., native rushed for 203 yards and a two touchdowns that day and was named the games MVP.On Thursday, a large group of family and former McGill teammates and coaches got together to announce a endowment in Soles name to provide scholarships to Redmen recruits.Soles, 48, watched from the front row. He was able to get up from his wheelchair to pose for pictures and can still speak in a whisper, but he let others to the talking.Hes had symptoms for nine years and it became more evident in the last couple of years, so we felt it would be good timing to have something at the same time as the Vanier Cup, said Wayne McRae, a co-captain of the 1987 Redmen who was Soles partner in a financial management company.It gave it more of a sense of urgency. Its still at a point where Mike can participate and be here for it, which is fortunate.McRae and four other members of the 1987 team started the fund-raising campaign. Their goal was $80,000, but they hauled out a oversized ceremonial cheque for $209,323.85, nearly triple their target. The sum was gathered from 249 donors.The endowment, called the Michael Soles Football Award, is expected to earn enough to fund up to three recruits per year.Soles was released from a five-month stint in hospital in September and noww lives with his mother, getting regular visits from nurses.dddddddddddd His wife Catherine and his three children live nearby.His old teammates are impressed with how he has kept smiling while he fights the disease.Even his doctors say one of the main reasons hes been such a poster boy for this thing is because of his attitude, said McRae. He remains positive.I worked with Mike every day and I never heard this guy complain about anything. Never once.Soles wife said that since he got out of the hospital he has his appetite back and still has his sense of humour.He doesnt want pity, she said. Hes living it with the most grace and determination Ive ever seen. We joked that its like an eternal football game and he wont give up. Its great.It was much the same with former Alouettes defensive back Tony Proudfoot, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2007 and died in 2010. Proudfoot launched a foundation to raise funds to fight ALS. Another Alouette from the 1970s, defensive back Larry Uteck, also died from the disease.Soles was a solid fullback for 11 CFL seasons. He played from 1989 to 1995 in Edmonton, winning a Grey Cup in 1993, then moved to Montreal for his final four seasons when the Alouettes returned from a 10-year hiatus in 1996.After football, he went into wealth management. When Larry Smith left as president of the Alouettes in 2011, many thought business savvy, bilingual and popular Soles would be the perfect replacement and were surprised to find he wasnt interested.It was only in the past two years that it became known that he was suffering from ALS.I didnt believe it at first because he kept it pretty private for a long time, said Charlie Baillie, the coach of the 1987 Redmen. Even when he was having some problems, he would never talk about it.Hes still got that smile. Still got the good looks. Its just his bodys not responding, unfortunately. Its very sad.In his CFL career, Soles rushed 579 times for 3,007 yards and 20 touchdowns, adding 326 catches for 3,500 yards and another 25 TDs. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de