Schneeflocken

season was cut short by a

in So funktioniert das Forum 27.11.2019 03:03
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

(SportsNetwork.com) - It should be a wild scene in Pittsburgh on Sunday when the National League Division Series shifts to PNC Park for a pivotal Game 3 between the Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals. St. Louis routed the upstart Pirates in Game 1, but Pittsburgh bounced back in a big way with a 7-1 win in Game 2 to even the best-of-five series and steal home-field advantage. Now the Bucs, who of course are back in the postseason for the first time since 1992, have all the momentum and will have their ace on the mound in Francisco Liriano, who was magnificent against the Cardinals this season, going 3-0 with a 0.75 ERA in three starts. He also held them to a .149 average. Liriano also enjoyed his time pitching in the Steel City, as he was one of the best home pitchers in the league this season, posting a 9-1 mark with a 1.43 ERA in 12 starts at PNC after beating Cincinnati in Tuesdays wild card contest. "I dont know what to say," Liriano said when asked about his success at PNC. "I think Ive been able to execute pitches here, and the guys behind me make some great plays for me here." Liriano resurrected his career with Pittsburgh this past season and was 16-8 with a 3.02 ERA this season. "I know Liriano has pitched great and all that, but you never know," said veteran Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran. "Starters sometimes dont feel it, and all of a sudden, they start putting balls down the middle and the other team takes advantage of it. I know theyre hoping for him to pitch a good game, and were hoping he throws some pitches right down the middle." Pittsburgh rookie Gerrit Cole was certainly feeling it on Friday, as he gave up one run on two hits while striking out five for the Pirates, who bounced back from a 9-1 loss in Game 1 on Thursday. "Well, anytime you can get a win, its huge. But obviously to fall behind 2-0 to a team like the Cardinals is no good. Today was a huge victory for us," said Pedro Alvarez, who has homered in each of the first two games. Alvarez, who tied for the NL lead in home runs, is the first Pirate to homer in back-to-back playoff games since Willie Stargell in the 1974 NLCS. "Nothing better than Pedro getting his bat running hot right away," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "There is not a park he cant hit it out of. He can drive it out from line to line. He misses balls and they carry over the fence." With six home runs this postseason, the Pirates already have the third most for any October run in team history, behind 1971 (13) and 79 (seven). Yadier Molina hit a solo homer in the loss for the Cardinals, who saw starter Lance Lynn (0-1) allow five runs on seven hits over 4 1/3 innings. "Well, I thought Lance did a pretty nice job early," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "The only time he got into trouble is when he didnt control the counts. I thought he established his off-speed pitches as well as weve seen him do that all season long. But when we got into disadvantaged counts, it was a completely different at-bat. So that was pretty consistent." Getting the call for the Cardinals on Sunday will be right-hander Joe Kelly, who was 10-5 this season with a 3.08 ERA. Kelly, though, pitched to a 2.69 ERA in his 15 starts, which saw St. Louis go a remarkable 12-3. "Its going to be fun. Im going to face a good pitcher in Liriano," Kelly said. Kelly also worked at least five innings in each of his last 15 outings and beat the Pirates twice in September. "Thats what playoff baseball is all about," said Kelly, who pitched to a 2.35 ERA in seven relief appearances in last years postseason. "You dream about it as a little kid. Its going to be a great time. The atmosphere is going to be electric, obviously and I think our side is looking forward to it." Pittsburgh narrowly won the season series, 10-9, but lost six of nine in St. Louis. NFL Jerseys . The win gives Canada its fifth title at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge. "Weve got to keep pushing," said Westlake, who led Canada with five goals in the tournament. "The second you let off the pedal, everyone catches up. Wholesale Jerseys . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side. MLB Jerseys . Minutes after the previously winless Colts got their first win, 27-13 over Tennessee, team vice chairman Bill Polian said the four-time league MVP will not play this season though he has begun throwing to teammates at the team complex. NHL Jerseys . Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens.PORT LUCIE, Fla. -- New York Mets closer Bobby Parnell threw batting practice Saturday, facing batters for the first time since his 2013 season was cut short by a neck injury. Parnell last pitched in a game on July 30. He missed the final two months of the season and had surgery Sept. 10 to repair a herniated disc in his neck. The right-hander threw 36 pitches to David Wright, Daniel Murphy and Eric Young Jr. "You work all off-season throwing bullpens with no batters in there and it seems like you cant miss a spot," Parnell said. "You throw a hitter in there and it becomes 100 times harder. It feels good to get out there and face some guys, face some hitters and find the strike zone with some intensity turnedd up.dddddddddddd It was a nice feeling today." Parnell said he was able to keep the ball down and didnt feel any discomfort in his neck or right arm. "Ive been taking a lot of baby steps," he said. "I feel great, my arm feels good, neck feels good. Everythings going well. But as far as today, this feels like a big mental hurdle. I didnt know how I would react to balls coming off the bat and I felt strong out there. I felt good and felt like I had some reaction in the neck, so everythings good." The Mets are being cautious with Parnell, but he is currently scheduled to throw a second batting practice on Tuesday. He said hell throw at least one more batting practice session before getting into a game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de