Schneeflocken

two days of camp. Starting i

in So funktioniert das Forum 27.11.2019 03:03
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Michael Raffl scored twice in the third period and added one assist, as a badly outshot and outplayed Philadelphia squad claimed a 4-2 victory over Detroit on Saturday night. Those first two periods we were lucky to still be in the game, Raffl stated. But in the third, we played outstanding. And at the end of the day, its all about getting the win. And I think we found a way to win tonight. Nicklas Grossmann and Brayden Schenn posted markers with Jakub Voracek and Michael Del Zotto totaling two helpers apiece for the Flyers, who picked up their first win on home ice this year despite recording only 17 shots. Ray Emery won his second consecutive start with a 35-save performance. Riley Sheahan and Pavel Datsyuk provided the offense for the Red Wings, who havent won a regular-season game in Philly since 1997. Jonas Gustavsson made 13 stops in defeat. On the next shift after killing off a tripping penalty to R.J. Umberger, the Flyers assumed a 2-1 edge. Voracek held the puck along the right-wing boards then dished ahead for Raffl, who cruised up the middle and lifted a shot under the crossbar at 6:01 of the third period. It took the Wings just 42 seconds to draw even, as a defensive breakdown and failure of Philly to clear the defensive zone saw Darren Helm pass to Datsyuk alone in front for a successful backhander. Philadelphia eventually regained the lead with 8:55 left on a power play, as Schenn tipped in a Voracek offering while Wayne Simmonds was camped in front of Gustavsson. It was the first man-disadvantage tally allowed by the Red Wings on the young season. The Wings decided to pull Gustavsson for an extra skater with 1:28 to play. Tomas Tatar was denied at the right post by Emery with just under a minute on the clock, but that was the only quality chance for the visitors in the late stages. Youre going to have breakdowns in games -- thats the way it goes. But I thought we did tons of good stuff, said Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock. You know when I go through it, the other night we didnt play as good against Pittsburgh, and then in the end we get ourselves two points. Detroit took the games first seven shots and successfully killed off two penalties before picking up the games initial goal. Tomas Jurco was taken out of the play by a host defenseman in the right circle, but Andrej Nestrasil swooped in and chipped the puck in front for a Sheahan tip at 15:33. The Flyers were held shotless for more than 13 minutes in the middle period, and came up empty on another advantage. However, Grossmann skated in from the point and was open to one-time a Chris VandeVelde pass home with 1:39 left. Game Notes The 17 shots were the fewest in a Flyers home win since a similar total in a 3-2 decision over the Islanders on Nov. 12, 2007 ... Raffl notched his first career two-goal effort ... The Flyers last regular-season home loss to the Wings was a 4-1 setback on Jan. 25, 1997 ... Member of the NCAA champion Union College Dutchmen, defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere made his NHL debut, racking up one shot on goal and one giveaway while logging 12:27 of ice time ... Detroit also had 31 shot attempts blocked ... Nestrasil recorded his first NHL point with the primary assist on Sheahans marker. Hunter Harvey Jersey . Playing in his fourth major league game, Polanco broke a tie in the 13th inning with his first homer, helping Pittsburgh to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins after the Pirates had a ninth-inning meltdown. Stitched Orioles Jerseys . Gauteng High Court Judge Dunstan Mlambo ruled Tuesday that South African media houses will be allowed to install three remote controlled cameras in court for the Olympic athletes trial starting next week to capture images that likely will be seen by millions around the world. https://www.cheaporioles.com/1788i-bob-j...ey-orioles.html. TSN platforms will broadcast 75+ live games per season – tripling the networks current slate of MLB games. With the new deal TSN retains rights to ESPNs SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL and, for the first time, acquires rights to ESPNs MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL and WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL. Hoyt Wilhelm Jersey . Felton was in court as the Manhattan district attorneys office outlined the agreement, which would resolve a gun case that arose amid the breakup of his marriage. Hes expected to admit June 30 to at least one charge, attempted criminal possession of a weapon -- he wont have to come to court to do so -- and get a $5,000 fine and 500 hours of community service. Custom Baltimore Orioles Jerseys . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs coach Andy Reid got a closer look at Dee Ford during the teams three-day rookie minicamp, and he liked what he saw from the teams first-round draft pick. Ford is transitioning from defensive end at Auburn to outside linebacker with Kansas City. "Its a new position for him," Reid said. "I think hes done a great job of jumping in the book and learning the drops, the things that you need to do with the pass coverage. Thats not an easy thing with all the combination things that we do. Im happy with what hes done there." Kansas City grabbed Ford with the 23rd overall pick. The 6-foot-2, 252-pound Ford had 20 1/2 sacks and 27 1/2 tackles for loss in 52 games at Auburn. He was an All-SEC selection in 2013. "I would tell you his quickness and athletic ability," Reid said when asked what stood out about Ford. "It looks like hes spent a lot of time learning." Throughout the weekend, Ford either stood up or got down in a three-point stance before the snap during 11-on-11 drills. He appeared comfortable in both positions. "All the rushers do it a lot," Ford said. "Its just all about disruption. Anything we can do to confuse the tackle, or as an upside for us, just putting your hand on the ground or standing up, you just want that freedom." Ford gives Kansas City another pass rusher after the Chiefs had 47 sacks last season, tied for sixth in the NFL. But 36 sacks came before the Week 10 bye. The absence of starting outside linebacker Justin Houston, who missed five games down the stretch with an elbow injury, played a role in the Chiefs recording 11 sacks in a span of seven games. Frank Zombo filled in for Houston, but recorded a single sack. Along with Fords skills off the edge, Reid said his intangibles are "off the charts." "He brings a lot of energy," Reid said. "He loves playing the game." Reid and the Chiefs will learn more about Ford in the nextt couple of weeks.dddddddddddd Ford lined up mostly over the right tackle during the rookie minicamp that concluded on Monday. He didnt appear to have any problem going against sixth-round pick Laurent Duvernay-Tardif on Saturday, and then Ryan McKee, an invited rookie tryout from Southern Mississippi, the last two days of camp. Starting in Tuesdays organized team activities, Ford will line up against right tackle Donald Stephenson or left tackle Eric Fisher. "It will give him a little different look," Reid said, "but I think that quickness is going to remain. That part is not going to change. Then hell just work his combinations against a better player, a more veteran player. But I think hell be fine." For his part, Ford said the biggest areas he wants to carry over from rookie minicamp into organized team activities is consistency and believing in his abilities. While he knows the competition level rises against the veterans, Ford wants to keep it simple. "I dont want to say its not much different," he said. "But in my mind, I dont make things harder than what it is." NOTES: Former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, who is coming back from November knee surgery, wore a brace on his left knee and practiced without limitations during the minicamp. ... Former Georgia State wide receiver and undrafted free agent Albert Wilson, who made some impressive catches throughout minicamp, caught Reids attention. "I like his athletic ability," Reid said of the 5-9, 200-pound former Panther. "Hes strong, I mean very strong even though hes not the tallest guy and he runs fast." ... Former BYU strong safety and undrafted free agent Daniel Sorensen recorded two interceptions on Day One of minicamp. "Ball skills is something I feel like is a strength for me," he said. "If I get a chance to play on the field, hopefully Ill be able to make the same plays I did in college." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de