Schneeflocken

"[The] past few games weve been sniffing," said Kadri, conf

in So funktioniert das Forum 24.09.2019 04:00
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Sundays regular-season finale felt almost like a playoff game for Carolina Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller. Air Force 1 Schwarz Sale . Its the closest his team will get this year. Eric Staal scored twice in regulation and had the only goal in the shootout to lead the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-5 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in regular-season finale Sunday. Jeff Skinner added a pair of goals for the Hurricanes, who finish the season in seventh place in the Metropolitan Division, outside of the playoff picture. Wayne Simmonds scored twice for the Flyers, who had already wrapped up third place in the Metropolitan Division and a date with the New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs later this week. "Games like this are good for our team," Muller said. "Not that its a playoff game or anything or but this is a tough rink to play in, it was sold out and the guys were intense until the end. For our guys to find a way to win was what we like to see as coaches. It was a good finish for us." Cal Heeter made 33 saves in his NHL debut for the Flyers, before stopping one of two shots in the shootout. Heeter was recalled from the Philadelphia Phantoms and given the start after Steve Mason suffered an upper-body injury in Saturdays win over the Penguins. Mason is day-to-day but the Flyers are hopeful hell be able to return to net for Game 1 of their series with the Rangers. "He battled back," Flyers head coach Craig Berube said of Heeter. "Its tough for a kid like that coming in here. Hes nervous obviously and this is probably not the best situation (for his NHL debut). But it is what it is and the kid hung in there and did a good job." Anton Khudobin made 39 saves and stopped all three of shots in the shootout for the Carolina. Skinner scored his 33rd goal of the season on a power play with 4:21 left, giving the Hurricanes a 5-4 lead after the puck took a weird carom off the boards and left him shooting at an open net. But Simmonds tied the game, scoring on a rebound with 9.5 seconds left for his career-high 29th of the season. Fighting back in the final minute felt like a positive sign to the Flyers heading into the post-season. "If we play as a team and keep doing what weve been doing the past few months, well be a really tough team to beat," Flyers defender Kimmo Timonen said. Trailing 4-1, the Flyers went on a second-period offensive, scoring three goals to tie the game, including two within 10 seconds of each other -- on a power-play slap shot from the point from Kimmo Timonen and a wrister from Simmonds. With less than five minutes remaining in the period, Sean Couturier tied the game with a steal and pretty move on a breakaway, matching his career high with his 13th goal. "I thought we skated and were competitive the whole game," Berube said. "We were just looking for good habits and getting our skating legs, and I thought that they did that." Heeters debut got off to an inauspicious start as he failed to stop the first shot he faced, with Skinner beating him with a wrist shot. The Hurricanes scored twice more before the first period ended, with Staal beating Heeter on a low shot from the left circle and Manny Malhotra going five-hole on the rookie for his first goal since Jan. 25. Staal scored his second just 17 seconds into the second period on an easy shot from the right circle. "In my dreams, Id say I didnt give up six goals," Heeter said. "But its a fabulous experience. Ive been working my whole life to get to here and to finally get the opportunity to play a game and to have the support of the management, players, coaches, fans, everybody here . its a dream come true." The Flyers scored their first goal midway through the first period when Matt Read blasted in a one-timer from Jason Akeson, who logged his first NHL assist. Akeson, who was called up from the Phantoms for Sundays game, has two points in two career NHL games. Notes: Before the game, Claude Giroux was presented with the Bobby Clarke Trophy, given to the teams MVP as voted on by local sports writers and broadcasters. Mason, Timonen, Jakub Voracek and Michael Raffl also won team awards, and Vincent Lecavalier was honoured for recently reaching the 400-goal milestone. . The Flyers finished 0-2-2 against the Hurricanes this season, marking the first time they went an entire season without beating the Carolina/Hartford franchise since 1991-92. Air Force 1 Damen Sale . - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Nike Air Huarache Deutschland Kaufen . Ibrahimovic put PSG ahead when he got in front of his marker to neatly flick in Lucass cross in the 59th minute. New signing Yohan Cabaye came on as a second-half substitute and headed Ezequiel Lavezzis cross against the post in the 87th. Moments later, Lucas set up another goal from the right when fellow countryman Alex turned in his corner with a strikers finish. http://www.airforce1gunstig.de/air-presto-deutschland.html .com) - Devin Booker scored 19 points and top-ranked Kentucky put on a defensive clinic in an 83-44 obliteration of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic.TORONTO – Since the electric days of his first training camp with the Maple Leafs in the fall of 2009, Nazem Kadri has been a lightning rod in the city of Toronto, a constant source of attention in times both good and bad. "I learned that the first year I came here, not to pay attention to many people outside the dressing room," the 23-year-old said on a noisy Friday afternoon. "All those blogs, newspapers and people saying what they want to say, they have their own opinion, but at the end of the day Im not hearing it." Kadri is trudging through the longest slump of what is, in reality, a brief NHL career. Though he remains on pace for a respectable 19 goals and 47 points, he has just one goal in the past 16 games and a quiet 14 points since the start of November – a stretch of 31 games. "I think its been decent," said Kadri of his season so far, which has him sitting fourth in team scoring with 27 points. "[But] I know I can bring a lot better. Obviously, everyone expects a lot more, which is a little flattering to say the least, because people believe in you and understand that you can give more to the team. No one expects more than I expect from myself." In midst of those struggles is bubbling trade speculation, which Toronto general manager Dave Nonis addressed in an interview with TSN Radio on Thursday. "Theres a lot of interest in Nazem Kadri," said Nonis. "Would we be willing to trade him? Yes, wed be willing to trade him. But theres a big difference between willing to and trying to." Kadri, for one, has no interest in a potential move. "Itd be terrible," Kadri said of a possible trade. "I dont see it happening and I dont want it to happen. This is my home, this is where I want to be and til otherwise Im going to give them everything I have." Though his career seems like its spanned ages in Toronto, Kadri is still just 23 and midway through only his second NHL season. The point is, hes young with plenty of opportunity and time for growth and development ahead. Patience is a virtue often lost, however, on youthful talent in this city. A first round selection of the organization in 2002, Alex Steen, for example, was dealt to St. Louis as a 24-year-old, gradually evolving into one of the games better two-way forwards with the Blues. Nonis has pledged an unwillingness to repeat such mistakes, firm in his stance that young talent only be moved if something was similar was gained in return. Unlike last season, when Kadri totaled a blistering 44 points in 48 games, thee London, Ontario native has suffered through an extended rough patch, facing more difficult competition in light of injuries – including a 12-game stretch as the teams no. Nike Air Huarache 2020 Günstig. 1 centre – while regressing statistically with some of the luck that made his first full campaign in the NHL so alluring. And unlike October, when he totaled 13 points in 14 games, Kadri and the teams second power-play unit have been unproductive. In fact, he has just one power-play point in the past 19 games. "With him, its back to basics and I thought that he played better [recently], but hasnt had the offensive output," coach Randy Carlyle said of Kadri. "Its up to Nazzie to put his nose to the grindstone, to do the little things, get involved physically, move the puck, keep it simple, and make plays when hes inside the blueline – deep enough that we dont have to risk the turnover." "It just seems like pucks are hitting skates or goalies are just getting a piece of it and theyre hanging on the goal-lines, hitting posts – Ive had the whole nine yards over the past couple weeks," said Kadri, who last scored in New York on Dec. 23. "Hopefully, my lucks going to change because it can only get better from here." His line, which includes Joffrey Lupul and Mason Raymond, has been quiet and kept in in tow. Lupul has gone pointless in 12 of the past 18 games, while Raymond has a mere two goals in 21 outings. "[The] past few games weve been sniffing," said Kadri, confidence dinged but not broken. "I think every single game were up to four, five, six, sometimes seven scoring chances a game – A-plus scoring chances – so its only a matter of time before those pucks start finding the back of the net and we get that confidence and swagger back." It was only last season, albeit in the American League, that Kadri endured similar struggles with the Marlies. He scored just twice in the first 18 games (with the NHL locked out) and was scratched by then-head coach Dallas Eakins in early November. Outside noise was then, like it is presently, loud and sometimes lacking in the realities that come with the development of a young player. Kadri, who emerged from that spell with 10 points in four games, is well schooled to taking it all in stride. "Its not like Im going home, turning on the radio to listen to what everyone has to say because at the end of the day it doesnt really matter," he said. "Ive got to worry about myself and what I can contribute to the team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de