Schneeflocken

our first ever trip to Nottingham Barney, against Smith last

in So funktioniert das Forum 23.09.2019 11:33
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

I was looking at a list of unusual dismissals, and noted that a player called T Straw was out obstructing the field twice! How did this happen? asked Martin Fox from England There have been only 25 instances of batsmen being given out obstructing the field in all first-class cricket - and Thomas Straw somehow contrived to do it twice. Straw was a wicketkeeper, born in Nottinghamshire in 1870, who played 61 matches for Worcestershire between 1899 and 1907. In his first season, he was given out this way during the match against Warwickshire at Worcester. He apparently hit the ball in the air and started to run, but bumped into fielder Alfred Glover, hampering him as he attempted to catch the ball. Straw was given out on appeal. Two years later, also against Warwickshire but this time at Edgbaston, Straw was out obstructing the field again - but no details of this incident seem to have been recorded. Amusingly, in both matches in which he was out for obstructing the field, Straw was dismissed by the Warwickshire fast bowler Frank Field for a duck in the second innings.R Ashwin took his 200th wicket against New Zealand, in his 37th Test - has anyone got there quicker? asked Mahesh Gupta from India Only one man has reached 200 Test wickets in fewer Tests than R Ashwins 37 - the Australian legspinner Clarrie Grimmett got there in his 36th match, against South Africa in Johannesburg in 1935-36. Grimmett played only one more Test - in which he took 14 wickets - and finished with 216 in just 37 matches. Dennis Lillee and Waqar Younis both reached 200 in 38 Tests, while Dale Steyn took 39. Ian Botham and Stuart MacGill come next, with 41. The previous-quickest Indian to the landmark was Harbhajan Singh, who got there in 46 matches.What are the highest and lowest scores made by openers carrying their bat in a Test, and all first-class cricket? asked David Johnson via Facebook Starting with Test matches, the highest score by an opener carrying his bat through a completed innings is 223 (not out, obviously), by New Zealands Glenn Turner against West Indies in Kingston in 1971-72. There have been four other double-centuries: Marvan Atapattu made 216 not out for Sri Lanka against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo in 1999-2000, Bill Brown 206 not out for Australia v England at Lords in 1938, Len Hutton 202 not out for England against West Indies at The Oval in 1950, and Virender Sehwag 201 not out (in a total of just 329) for India v Sri Lanka in Galle in 2008. Turner is also one of only five people to carry their bat while scoring less than 50, with 43 against England at Lords in 1969 - but there are two individual scores lower than that: Bernard Tancred carried his bat for 26 (out of 47) for South Africa against England in Cape Town in 1888-89, while Bill Woodfull made 30 of Australias 66 against England in Brisbane in 1928-29. The highest in first-class cricket is 357 not out (in a Surrey innings of 811) by Bobby Abel against Somerset at The Oval in 1899. The lowest is just five, by the noted stonewaller Dick Barlow in a Lancashire innings of 69 against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge in 1882. Said Wisden: Barlow was batting two hours and a half for just five runs.Which England player has taken part in the most Test wins? asked Rob Parker from England Two current players top this particular list: Alastair Cook has been part of 56 England Test wins so far, and James Anderson 54. Next come Ian Bell with 48, Andrew Strauss 47, and Stuart Broad and Colin Cowdrey 43. The overall list is headed by four Australians: Ricky Ponting shared in 108 Test wins, Shane Warne 92, Steve Waugh 86, and Glenn McGrath 84. The leading non-Australian is Jacques Kallis, with 82. At the other end of the spectrum Alec Stewart took part in 54 England defeats; only Shivnarine Chanderpaul (77), Brian Lara (63) and Sachin Tendulkar (56) tasted Test defeat more often. The only other man to have lost a half-century of Tests is Mohammad Ashraful (50), who played only 61 in total for Bangladesh. We recently had a quiz question about an England player with the first name Edric. When the answer came I was none the wiser as I hadnt heard of him! Who was it? asked Dennis Harrison from England The man in your question was the Yorkshire legspinner Edric Eddie Leadbeater, who played two Tests for England in 1951-52. He had taken 84 wickets in 1950, and followed that with 81 the following year, to earn a place in the understrength side - captained by the uncapped Nigel Howard - that toured India that winter. He took only two wickets, although both were top-order batsmen, in Polly Umrigar and Vinoo Mankad. Leadbeater never enjoyed much success for Yorkshire after that, and moved to Warwickshire in 1957. Despite taking 49 wickets the following year - and scoring a maiden century - he never played first-class cricket again. Leadbeater, who died in 2011 aged 83, is a rarity among England players in that he was never awarded a county cap.According to Somerset, Chris Rogers was the third man to score two centuries in his last first-class match. Who were the other two? asked John Lynch from Vanuatu Assuming he isnt persuaded to carry on, 39-year-old Chris Rogers will sign off with 132 and 100 not out - his 75th and 76th first-class centuries - in Somersets feisty but fruitless victory over Nottinghamshire in Taunton last week. The first man to finish in this way was back in 1817, when William Lambert made 107 not out and 157 for Sussex against Epsom at Lords, in a match considered first-class. Lamberts career was ended by a betting scandal shortly afterwards. The only other man to end his career with twin hundreds was the Guyanese left-hander Len Baichan, with 132 and 101 not out for Berbice against Demerara in the Jones Cup final in Albion in 1982-83. Baichan played only three Tests, but scored a century in the first of them - against Pakistan in Lahore in 1974-75.Send in your questions using our feedback form. Fake NFL Jerseys Cheap . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Fake Nike NFL Jerseys . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. https://www.fakenfljerseys.com/ .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Fake NFL Jerseys Online . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Fake NFL Jerseys Wholesale . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe.Premier League Darts swings by Nottingham this week but does Wayne Mardle expect any underdogs to steal from the darting rich to to give to the poor? Sky Live: PL Darts Thursday, 7pm, Sky Sports 1 Michael van Gerwen is in red-hot form and looks difficult to stop, while Phil Taylor is finding his rhythm and Gary Anderson plays his protege Michael Smith in their first major match-up. Tune in on Thursday, live on Sky Sports 1 at 7pm.Heres what Sky Sports expert Mardle expects to happen... Gary Anderson v Michael SmithSmith will play well in this game. After winning last week he will feel like hes a part of the Premier League, he will feel better about himself.Whats happened to Gary? Last week he was playing to a standard where I thought, Its time to get your darts out, Wayne. Gary Anderson is struggling for form Anderson had no rhythm, he was releasing them wrong, you could see his hand was following through. Darts is about feel, you need a touch, and he doesnt have it at the moment.Prediction: I cant back Anderson with any confidence so Im going for a draw in a very tight game.Peter Wright v Adrian LewisLewis is doing my head in! I was chatting with him and he told me hes throwing with passion, hes playing great, hes in a lovely rhythm. Last week, he looked like he had nothing.Lewis loses his zest and his va-va-voom so quickly. I think this is an important game for Lewis because if he loses again, he could be in the same situation as last year. He wont be eliminated, he will make the cut, but he could be cut adrift from those who are making a run for the play-offs. Peter Wright brought the house down in Dublin after checking out on 161 This is Lewis 11th Premier League season and hes only made the play-offs twice, thats shocking for someone so talented.Prediction: Im going to go with Wright, just. Its more likely to be a draw than a Lewis win.Raymond van Barneveld v James WadeThis is just so tough to call. I was looking at the odds but they didnt tell me anything. Barney, you dont know what youre going to get. Wade has scored well but his doubles have let him down. We take a look back to 2007 and our first ever trip to Nottingham Barney, against Smith last week, was really poor and he can panic or worry.dddddddddddd Does anyone really want to play James for a living?Prediction: Im going to go with Wade. Hes just a little bit more reliable.Robert Thornton v Phil TaylorThornton played poorly over the weekend at the UK Open and Phil has looked excellent. This could be 7-1 or 7-2. Phil Taylor reacts to last weeks victory Phil shows no remorse, he just wants to annihilate you. Remember that legs count, not just results. Thornton doesnt seem to be over his chest infection - hes well enough to stand up there, but Im not sure hes well enough to compete.Prediction: Id be surprised if Robert gets to four legs.Dave Chisnall v Michael van GerwenI keep saying it to you, I cant choose anyone else to win except Van Gerwen. I just cant do it.Chizzy will be looking to win it but hell want to go in there, relax, and play. Thats not easy to do when youre playing the worlds best player. You dont need to beat Van Gerwen at this stage of the competition but you dont want to lose heavily. The debate has started. Is Michael van Gerwen the greatest darts player ever? In my opinion, if Chisnall can get a draw that would be great. Michael is beatable but the planets have to align. Michael is full of it, when he wants to play well he does just that.Prediction: I dont see Michael getting beaten. Just like Peter Wright last week, Chisnall will play well but it wont be good enough. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de