Schneeflocken

nal minute of overtime. "Same story as the start of the year," said Giroux.

in So funktioniert das Forum 23.09.2019 04:31
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

TRELLEBORG, SWEDEN – Jake Paterson seemed to be the underdog in Canadas goalie competition when the selection camp opened. Wholesale Steph Curry Shoes . Not anymore. The Detroit Red Wings prospect made 23 saves in Canadas 4-1 win over Switzerland on Monday in what was the teams final pre-tournament test. Paterson also started Sundays game against Sweden making 31 saves and providing the lone bright spot for Canada in a 3-0 defeat. "My mindset going into it was that each goaltender would get a game and then whoever we felt deserved the opportunity to play the third game would be the guy and wed see how he responds," said head coach Brent Sutter. And Paterson responded well in allowing just one goal, which came while Canada was shorthanded in the first period. "I thought he was really good again tonight. Hes seeing a lot of pucks, a lot of pucks hit him in the crest and thats what you want your goaltender to do. He made a couple great saves for us at critical times. Ive been happy with both our goalies, but Patty, the last two games, has been outstanding." So will he start the tournament opener against Germany on Boxing Day? "Well wait and see. I havent decided yet," Sutter said with a smile. "Itd be an honour to be the starter," said Paterson, "but its still up in the air and Im not sure what the coaches are thinking so if Im fortunate enough to get the call Ill be ready. "Obviously when I found out the news that I was starting tonight I was pretty happy about it." Zach Fucale also performed well in his pre-tournament start stopping 31 of 33 shots in a win against Finland on Friday. And the Mooseheads goalie has the better recent resume having helped Halifax win the Memorial Cup in May. The Montreal Canadiens prospect also has experienced success on the international stage helping Canada win the 2012 Memorial of Ivan Hlinka Tournament in the Czech Republic. Paterson, meanwhile, has limited experience wearing the Maple Leaf. He was the third goalie on last years junior squad in Ufa, Russia, but didnt get into a game. He was also a backup with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge in Winnipeg and didnt play. But Paterson is a year older than Fucale and Sutter went with 19-year-old goalies in his two previous times behind the world junior bench in 2005 and 2006. And Paterson has shown he can meet the moment. He stopped every shot he faced during last Decembers selection camp in order to steal a spot from Laurent Brossoit. Now he may have stolen another job. Steph Curry Shoes From China . Leave it to Matt Niskanen, the newly proclaimed Eddie Haskell of the Washington Capitals. Cheap Steph Curry Shoes . Sundays race will be held at the Sepang circuit, adjacent to Kuala Lumpurs main airport where the ill-fated flight took off earlier this month. Authorities now say it is almost certain it crashed in the Indian Ocean, killing all 239 people aboard. https://www.stephencurryshoescheap.com/ . The Major League Soccer teams were scheduled to play on Saturday night, but their game was rescheduled after Stu Tudor was hit during a pregame storm. The 54-year-old lieutenant in the Columbus Fire Department is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the Ohio State Medical Center. VANCOUVER -- Steve Mason had a busy night Monday, but he was not complaining. The Philadelphia goaltender posted 41 saves as he backstopped the Flyers to a comeback 4-3 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks. "It was the first time in a long time that we have given up over 30 shots, so I actually enjoyed it," said Mason. "It was nice to get into a game and feel like you are doing something out there." Vincent Lecavalier scored the shootout winner as the Flyers prevailed after trailing 2-1 in the second period and 3-2 late in the third. Lecavalier scored on a deke on Philadelphias first attempt and three Vancouver shooters could not beat Mason as the Flyers (19-16-4) posted their third straight win and sixth in eight games. The Canucks (23-11-7) suffered only their third loss in the past eight games. But more significantly, Vancouver missed a chance to move into a tie for fifth place in the Western Conference after the Kings lost earlier Monday to Chicago. "I thought we played good to get a point, but it pisses me off we dont get two," said Vancouver coach John Tortorella. The Flyers have not lost in Vancouver in nearly 14 years, with their last setback coming Dec. 31, 1989, but they were in danger of suffering another loss here for most of the game. Mark Streit, Claude Giroux and Brayden Schenn also scored for the Flyers. Giroux also had an assist and further bolstered his chances of playing for Canadas Olympic team as he extended his point streak to nine games. Brayden Schenn forced overtime and the shootout as he scored in the final minute of the third period after Daniel Sedin put the Canucks ahead with less than three minutes remaining. Schenn made up for a miscue by his older brother Luke, who inadvertently put the puck into his own net after Mason got his blocker on Daniel Sedins long shot from near the blue-line. "I guess (there was) a little brotherly love there," said Mason. "Luke was just trying to get back to the net there and I was putting my rebound where I wanted to and just an unfortunate bounce, things like that happen. (Its) just unfortunate it put us in that position." Tom Sestito and Jannik Hansen had Vancouvers other goals. Hansen was less than pleased after the Canucks lost despite outshooting the Flyers 44-27. "This game had no business going into overtime," said Hansen. "We should have closed this out quite earlier. a We need to score on our chances. Its not because we dont have them. We had quality opportunities in the third and even in overtime to get it done before the shootout." Mason, who recorded 42 saves, now has matched the 16 wins he produced with Columbus in 2011-12, when a full campaign was last played. Vancouver counterpart Eddie Lack, making his second consecutive start and third appearance in place of injured No. 1 netminder Roberto Luongo, finished with 25 saves. Tortorella was pleased thhat his club earned three of a possible four points in back-to-back games after earning a win the night before in Calgary. Clearance Steph Curry Shoes. But he was angry that his team failed to control a key face-off prior to Brayden Schenns tying goal. "The mistake on the face-off, thats aggravating," said Tortorella. "Thats what keeps you out of playoffs, plays like that, the details, the face-offs. I thought we played our ass off back-to-back. We created a tremendous amount of scoring chances, but you kick yourself in the teeth for the lack of detail on the face-off." Vancouver could not score on its four power plays while Philadelphia was blanked on its three. The Flyers led 1-0 after the first period and the clubs were tied 2-2 following the second. Streit opened the scoring at 15:24 of the first period, putting in a backhand shot as the puck came to him after Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis denied Michael Raffl on a wraparound attempt. Sestito, a fourth-liner wanted mostly for his toughness, forged a 1-1 tie at 4:24 of the second period as he put in a Hamhuis rebound. With just under five minutes left in the second, Lack took a Wayne Simmonds shot to the mask. Despite losing his headgear on the play, Lack came up smiling and showed no ill effects. Less than a minute later, Hansen put the Canucks ahead 2-1 as he completed a nifty give-and-go with Daniel Sedin and tapped the puck into an open net. But Giroux pulled the Flyers even about two minutes later as took a lead pass from Raffl, fought his way up the middle through Hamhuis and Chris Tanev, and flicked the puck behind Lack from in close. Masons late stellar stops included denying Daniel Sedin on a breakaway early in the third and Ryan Kesler twice in the final minute of overtime. "Same story as the start of the year," said Giroux. "He kept us in the games and now to kind of get a win for him, its huge." Notes: Luongo worked out with Canucks goaltending coach Roland Melanson during a morning skate that involved a few players, including injured defenceman Alex Edler (undisclosed). a Simmonds was denied a chance to become the first Flyer to score multiple goals in four consecutive games in the 46-season history of the Philadelphia franchise. Reggie Leach (1976 and 1981) and Ross Lonsberry (1976) are the only other Flyers to record two or more goals in three straight games. a Defenceman Frank Corrado played his first game for Vancouver this season after being called up from Utica of the AHL earlier in the day. He replaced Andrew Alberts, who was injured Sunday on a high hit from Brian McGrattan in Calgary. McGrattan was assessed an elbowing major and game misconduct for the infraction. Corrado played for the Canucks late in the regular season and playoffs last season after playing his final junior campaign in the OHL. a Canucks captain Henrik Sedin played in his 670th consecutive NHL game. 02:55ET 31-12-13 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de