Schneeflocken

It was important for me to show in-

in Neuvorstellungen 23.09.2019 04:26
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. - Mone Davis took the field in Cooperstown after taking her place in history.The pitching star for Philadelphias Taney Dragons donated her jersey to the baseball Hall of Fame on Thursday after becoming the first girl to win Little League World Series games.The 13-year-old Davis was joined by her Philly teammates and players on the Anderson Monarchs, her longtime travel team. They played an exhibition game Thursday at Doubleday Field against the Catskill Mountain Cougars under-12 team from Stamford, New York.Davis called it amazing to see her jersey on display. Davis pitched a two-hit shutout against a team from Nashville at the LLWS last month.Mamie Peanut Johnson, one of three women to play in the Negro Leagues, was on hand for the event. Adidas Continental 80 Sverige . Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed on Sunday that his starting goalie has a head injury and the team will take it day by day. Adidas NMD R1 Dam Rea . -- Among the 31 players at the Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, none feels closer to cracking the NHL roster than right winger Aaron Palushaj. http://www.nmdsverige.com/. Its the games against the leagues struggling franchises that have proved to be an issue. NMD Cs2 Svart . The game marks the rare occasion when two homegrown running backs, Jon Cornish of the Calgary Stampeders and Andrew Harris of the B.C. Lions, will start in the West Divisions battle for a Grey Cup berth. Adidas Superstar Herr Rea . -- The Chiefs have signed seven players to reserve/future contracts, including running back Joe McKnight, a former fourth-round pick of the New York Jets.NEW YORK -- Canadian speedskater Anastasia Bucsis, who announced she was gay via Twitter earlier this month, is joining the fight against Russias anti-gay laws. She is teaming with Athlete Ally, an advocacy group focused on ending homophobia and transphobia in sports. The organization has denounced the anti-gay laws recently passed by the Russian government and is circulating a petition that urges world leaders to put pressure on the Russians to eliminate the law, which prohibits promotion of "non-traditional" sexual relations. The law has drawn harsh criticism since it was passed in June with some activists calling for a boycott of next winters Sochi Olympics. Bucsis is one of only a handful of openly gay Olympic-calibre winter athletes around the world. While her family knew she was gay, Bucsis came out publicly during Calgarys gay pride parade in early September. "Im proud to be from Calgary, Im proud to be an athlete, and Im proud to be gay," she tweeted. On Wednesday, she said taking on an advocacy role "seems natural" because she is proud of who she is. "I started speedskating at the age of four, and wasnt aware of any other gay skaters when growing up," she said in a statement. "During my coming out I was very anxious and lonely because I lacked having an out athletic role model. I didnt have any other gay athletic friends, or any mentors that I could readily turn to for advice or support. I am ready to help any athlete out there who is considering coming out of the closet. Its the besst decision I ever made.dddddddddddd" Australian snowboarder Belle Brockhoff has also joined Athlete Ally. "One of the reasons I came out was because I wanted people to find inspiration in me coming out globally," she said. "It was important for me to show in-the-closet gays and lesbians that theyre supported and loved all over the world." Bucsis and Brockhoff join New Zealand speedskater Blake Skjellerup and American figure skater Johnny Weir as the only Olympic-calibre winter sports athletes in the world who publicly identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transsexual, according to Athletes Ally. "Four athletes is actually a record number," said Hudson Taylor, executive director of Athlete Ally. "Belle and Anastasia showed great courage when they came out in response to Russias gay propaganda laws, and now they are exemplifying the leadership necessary to help change the world." Both Brockhoff and Bucsis hope the number of out Olympic hopefuls will grow with awareness and support. "Having more LGBT athletes come out before the Sochi Olympics will help promote the positive message of acceptance and equality within sport," said Bucsis. "Sport is a human right and everyone deserves the ability to participate and play; I believe and support the Olympic Charter and the idea of the Olympic Spirit. Having more LGBT athletes come out during the lead-up to Sochi will promote acceptance, awareness and education regarding gay athletes and their contribution to sport." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de