Schneeflocken

shoulder and slammed his head into the FieldTurf.Armstrong left

in So funktioniert das Forum 20.09.2019 12:18
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

HARRISON, N.J. -- Tim Cahill scored on a header off a crossing pass in second half stoppage time, lifting the New York Red Bulls to a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday. It was the fifth win in the last six games for the Red Bulls (7-4-3). Through the first eight games of the 2013 season, Cahill, one of the teams high-paid designated players at $3.6 million this season, did not find the net. He drew criticism from fans and media, "But he was never criticized here," Red Bulls head coach Mike Petke said It marked the fourth goal in the last five games for Cahill, who is playing like the dominant offensive force the franchise thought they were getting last year. "I cant say enough about Tim," Petke said. "Now hes scoring goals and everyone says hes playing great. Well, I always thought he was playing great." Cahill managed to get behind the wall of Galaxy defenders to perfectly head home a crossing pass from Juninho for the game winner. "Im just happy to score," Cahill said. "I knew where Juninho was going to put it, I knew it was going to be dangerous and it was just a matter of getting contact. Its good when you seem to have a chance to produce in big games and Ive managed to come up for us lately, so its nice." Luis Robles made three saves to record his fourth shutout of the season. "It was a silly free kick and they played the ball into the box," said Los Angeles goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini, who made two saves, but couldnt stop the game-winner. "Once the ball got into the box, I dont know what happened, because I couldnt see with all the players jumping in front of me." Cudicini and teammate Landon Donovan were upset after the setback. "Its disappointing, because I dont think we deserved to lose," Cudicini said. "We had the better chances. Its terrible that were going home with nothing." "They made the play that mattered down the stretch," Donovan said. "It wasnt a game of great chances, but we had a few." In the 76th minute, the Galaxy (5-4-2) had two great chances, both from Gyasi Zardes. On the first attempt, Red Bulls defender Jamison Olave, who had a brilliant all-around game, made a sliding tackle to knock the ball away. Two minutes later, Zardes fired a right-footed blast from 10 yards out that Robles punched aside. The Galaxy had another great chance, when Zardes crossing pass went directly to Keanes head, who directed it just wide left of the goal in the 89th minute. The Red Bulls had two decent opportunities in the early portion of the second half, when Fabian Espindola and Cahill both fired long shots that sailed wide left within four minutes of each other. Espindola had yet another great chance, but his left-footed shot from 35 yards out bounced once into the arms of goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini. The Galaxy then dominated play for the next 10 minutes. Landon Donovan fired a right-footed blast from 19 yards out that sailed over the crossbar in the 61st minute. The first half was played in a steady rain and featured few scoring chances. The Red Bulls had the better of the opportunities, both created by Espindola. In the 27th minute, Espindola perfectly split two defenders to get a clear path to the goal. He went right in on Cudicini and drew the goalie away from the box. But Espindolas soft shot was eventually kicked aside by Galaxy defender A.J. DeLaGarza before it reached the goal line. Five minutes later, Espindola unleashed a left-footed blast that Cudicini corralled. The Galaxy had their best chances in the final minute and added time. In the 44th minute, Robbie Keane was brought down from 30 yards out, awarding Los Angeles a direct free kick. Keane took the free kick and the bending high shot was punched aside by Robles. Two minutes later, Todd Dunivant took a left-footed shot from 10 yards out that Robles secured, keeping the scoreless tie into intermission. "We had a better understanding in the second half," Petke said. "We came out and took it to them with a little bit of a bite." Defender Jamison Olave had a sensational day, making several key stops, some even from behind. "He reads the game and has good catch-up speed," Petke said. "He makes plays, times it and does it well." Wholesale Shoes Black Friday Free Shipping . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Fake Shoes Black Friday .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. China Shoes Black Friday . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Anyone who ever hit the reset button on a Nintendo will understand how No. 6 Ohio State played Saturday night against No. 10 Nebraska. For three games, the Buckeyes looked as if they would play in Tampa, all right: on Jan. 2 in the Outback Bowl, not a week later in the Outfront Bowl -- or the College Football Playoff Championship Game to you.Ohio State struggled to beat Wisconsin in overtime, lost on a blocked kick at Penn State and hung on to beat Northwestern. So the Buckeyes hit reset. They pretended October never happened and picked up where they left off in their last game in September, the one when they were ranked No. 3 and embarrassed No. 12 Oklahoma, 45-24.It felt like September, what with a full day of tailgating in brilliant sunshine warm enough that one parking lot attendant on the west side of Ohio Stadium wore shorts. The Buckeyes even dressed for a reset, although one from September 1916. They wore scarlet jerseys with gray vertical stripes, plain gray britches and plain dark gray helmets, all as a tribute to the Buckeyes first Western Conference (the Big Ten to you) championship won a century ago.By the time the Buckeyes took the field on Saturday night, No. 4 Texas A&M had lost at Mississippi State and left open the final spot on the playoff dance card. By the time No. 5 Washington faced California in the Pac-12 After Dark, Ohio State had made a compelling case for leapfrogging the Huskies.Compelling as in a final score of Buckeyes 62, Cornhuskers 3. As in the Buckeyes scoring on 10 of 12 possessions. As in the Huskers getting four first downs on their opening possession and five in the rest of the game. As in Ohio States biggest margin of victory over a ?ranked team ever.Ohio State defensive end Sam Hubbard described the sense of urgency that gripped the Buckeyes over the past week, how they repeated plays at practice to eliminate mistakes, how he watched more video, how he awoke early to come in for treatment to freshen his legs.I think we were just taking stuff for granted, Hubbard said. Taking Victory Meal [on Sunday night] for granted. Taking the success we had, since theres so much here at Ohio State, for granted. The young guys had really never experienced a loss. They were thinking we were just going to win every game just because we were Ohio State.People were taking it for granted, myself included. Everyone was. We just needed a wake-up call, and we refocused ourselves.Buckeyes quarterback J.T. Barrett played like the Heisman candidate he once resembled, completing 26 of 38 passes for 290 yards and four touchdowns and rushing for 39 yards. This was the Barrett we expected to see all season: calm in the pocket, able to run or pass, moving but never panicking, even when he missed sure touchdown throws two times in three snaps in the first half.I was comfortable, and I knew we were on the edge of it to really break through, Barrett said. I wasnt surprised, if thats what you want me to say.Barrett doesnt have any trouble finding Curtis Samuel, which is more than you can say for the Huskers defense. Samuel caught two of those touchdown passes, including a 75-yarder on the first play of the second half, and finished with 178 all-purrpose yards.dddddddddddd Neither Barrett nor Samuel touched the ball in the fourth quarter.The Buckeyes defense contributed two scores, with its fifth and sixth pick-sixes of the season; the fifth one set an Ohio State season record.And the Huskers scored one lousy field goal. If you wish to move lousy three words earlier in the previous sentence, the facts would back you up. After a 7-0 start to the season and a gutty overtime loss at Wisconsin last week, Nebraska showed up before 108,750 fans utterly unprepared for what awaited them. It took Ohio State only three plays to let the Huskers know.On third-and-3 at the Nebraska 31, quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. took a three-step drop, looking left. Ohio State linebacker?Raekwon McMillan?followed Armstrongs eyes, then deflected the pass to safety Damon Webb, who returned it 36 yards for the record-setting touchdown 94 seconds into the game.That would not be the worst thing that happened to Armstrong on Saturday night. In the second quarter, two drives after Armstrong broke Taylor Martinezs school record for career total offense (10,233 yards), he came around left end for an 11-yard run. At the left sideline, Buckeyes safety Malik Hooker hit Armstrong at his hip and swept his legs out from under him. Armstrong came down on his right shoulder and slammed his head into the FieldTurf.Armstrong left the field strapped to a board, with his left thumb up to let everyone know he could move something. And with 10 minutes left in the third quarter, in the TV timeout after Ohio State extended its lead to 45-3, Armstrong emerged from the visitors tunnel in a black sweatsuit and jogged across to the Huskers sideline, where he embraced his fellow seniors -- tight end Trey Foster and then wide receiver Alonzo Moore.Armstrongs recovery removed the only cloud over Ohio States night and probably even took some of the sting out of Nebraskas performance. A little bit of perspective, and all that. Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer began his comments after the game by saying, Wow, I didnt see that one coming. Then he took the long view, explaining that these are teenagers, in the process of maturing.Weve all been around this sport long enough [to know] that when that youth grows up, its kind of cool to watch, Meyer said. And Im hoping thats whats happening here. Im not saying it is yet, because weve got a lot left.Nebraska coach Mike Riley, for his part, sounded more mystified than downcast.It looked very strange to me, he said. I didnt feel like we played very loose.Meyer called it an A to Z very good performance by our guys, as in from the first minute to the last. As the Buckeyes offensive backups drove downfield in the final minutes, punter Cameron Johnston kicked a few in the net at the south edge of the Ohio State team area. But the scrubs kept moving the chains. Though Johnston held for eight extra points and two field goals, he never got onto the field for a punt. That begged one question to Johnston after the game:Would he shower?Probably not, Johnston said with a laugh, and then he ran to join his teammates. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de