Schneeflocken

t make the fight happen. "All of a sudden

in Neuvorstellungen 19.09.2019 02:39
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

OKLAHOMA CITY - Tony Parker is dinged up again, and his status is unclear heading into the NBA Finals against the Miami Heat. The San Antonio Spurs All-Star point guard did not play in the second half or overtime of the Western Conference finals-clinching win over Oklahoma City on Saturday because of a sore left ankle. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich doesnt know what shape Parker will be in for Game 1 on Thursday in San Antonio. "I have no idea," Popovich said Saturday night. "I dont know what the deal is." Popovich said Parker sprained the ankle in Game 4 and aggravated it in Game 5. Popovich considered starting Manu Ginobili at point guard in Game 6 against the Thunder because Parker was having trouble during pregame. At halftime, Popovich made the decision to hold him out. "He came to me about eight minutes on the clock (before the second half) and said he couldnt go," Popovich said. "He couldnt cut. He was limping on it. He couldnt cut sideways or forward really." Popovich said he thought playing Parker in the second half would have hurt the team in the long term. "I didnt want him to be a hero because he was 50 per cent or less, we thought," Popovich said. "Thats probably bad for the team if you think about it. It was a tough decision to try to figure out whether to play him, and if you lose the game and it affects him for Monday night, then youre going to feel like you made an unwise choice." Parker has been plagued by injuries this year. He averaged 16.7 points and 5.7 assists while shooting 50 per cent from the field during the regular season, but he missed 22 games. He strained his left hamstring in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals against Portland and did not return. The Spurs won that game easily to clinch the series. Once again, his teammates bought him some rest. Had the Spurs lost Game 6, they would have faced an elimination game at home Monday against the Thunder. "We didnt know how much Tony was hurt in his ankle," forward Boris Diaw said. "But we didnt want to go to Game 7, and we didnt know if he would be ready to play if we did or if he would be 100 per cent, so we tried to get it over with tonight." Still, the Spurs have proven all season they can win without key players, posting the NBAs best record despite a series of injuries. "We have to continue to play basketball regardless of who is on the floor and our reserves did a great job - Cory (Joseph), Patty (Mills) - they stepped in and continued to run the offence and push the pace and playing good defence on their guards as well," guard Danny Green said. Joseph started the second half of Game 6 against Oklahoma City and helped engineer a 37-point third quarter. "Cory was very good," Ginobili said. "I mean, its hard to play when you dont have many opportunities to play in close games and stuff. But he did very well in Game 3 and 4 here. He always brings the juice, aggressiveness, competitiveness. He attacks the rim well. I think he made a few key plays." The Spurs said they excel without their stars because they are about a system, rather than individuals. "We have been doing what we did the whole year, which is passing the ball to each other, getting some movement, getting pace and getting into a good rhythm," Diaw said. "Always trying to set up a good shot for a teammate." Anthony Rizzo Cubs Jersey . That still leaves a big hole.You dont replace the leadership, defensive co-ordinator Billy Davis said. You just dont. Leadership is something that is earned over time. Jose Quintana Cubs Jersey . Bouchard went down to a 1-6, 6-1, 6-2 defeat at the hands of Svitolina in her opening match at the Sony Open on Friday. Bouchard got the rivalry going two years ago when she won the junior Wimbledon title over Svitolina. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-sammy-sosa-jersey/. Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto. Billy Williams Cubs Jersey . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. Fergie Jenkins Jersey .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.Floyd Mayweather Jr. knows his audience, theres no doubt. Boxings superstar arrived in South Africa on Wednesda wearing a T-shirt with a bright yellow map of Africa on the front. Below it, his TMT logo -- that stands for The Money Team -- was in the colours of the South African flag. Mayweather told South African fans he had arrived in the "motherland." He even said he might fight here one day. "Money" Mayweather swooped into Johannesburg for the start of a four-city visit to South Africa and first trip to the African continent, and was hustled by security straight through a packed airport terminal and into a Rolls Royce. He sped off with no more than a few words, delivered on the run, to hundreds who had gathered to greet him. It didnt seem to disappoint any of them. Later, Mayweather was more generous with his time, speaking to reporters for around an hour about his future fight plans and this trip. Well, part of the audience was reporters. Many of those fans had also somehow infiltrated the news conference, beefy security and all, meaning there were fewer questions and more statements of Mayweathers general greatness. James Dalton, a former South African rugby international, stood up and thanked "Mr. Mayweather" for making the trip and honouring South Africa. Rugby players are a big deal in South Africa, but Mayweather apparently is bigger. The biggest thing in boxing. No surprise that Mayweather Jr. earned a guaranteed $41.5 million in his last bout, a dominating majority decision over Canelo Alvarez that was the richest fight in the world and made around $150 million on TV sales alone. And with those kinds of figures, the 36-year-old five-division world champion is in no rush to give in to Manny Pacquiaos pleas for a fight, he said. "As far as my last fight with . I cant even remember the guys name. Canelo! They all the same to me," Mayweather said. "So, as far as myy fight with Canelo, they said Floyd Mayweathers record could never be broken without the Pacquiao fight and as you have seen what we did, the fight done crazy numbers.dddddddddddd" Mayweather also suggested Pacquiaos renewed desire to make their mega fight happen came out of desperation after the Filipinos back-to-back losses to Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012, and his tax problems. "I offered Manny Pacquiao the fight before," Mayweather said. "We didnt see eye to eye on terms. Years later we come back and I try and make the fight happen again. I offer him $40 million. He said he wanted 50-50. So we didnt make the fight happen. "All of a sudden, he loses to Timothy Bradley, he loses to Marquez ... he has tax problems now. So, two losses and tax problems later, now he all of a sudden want to say: You know what? Id do anything to make the fight happen, when hes really saying: Floyd, can you help me solve my tax problems, get me out of debt?" Instead, Mayweather named Britains Amir Khan and Argentinas Marcos Maidana as contenders to be his next opponent on May 3 in Las Vegas. Mayweather said nothing was finalized but they would know who it was within a week. And it wasnt all business. Mayweather had a couple of pretty good wisecracks saved up, too. He said he didnt call himself "the greatest," as that was Muhammad Ali. He rather referred to himself as "TBE" -- the best ever. Asked how he would go about fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr., he replied, deadpan: "I wouldnt fight Floyd Mayweather." Mayweather is due to also visit the cities of Bloemfontein, East London and Cape Town on his near week-long trip, which South Africa says will help "resuscitate" its own struggling boxing code. And he gave South Africans a glimmer of hope of their own Mayweather mega fight. "Its been a dream of mine to fight here," he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de