Schneeflocken

Seconds before Giontas goal

in Neuvorstellungen 17.09.2019 02:52
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

England are chasing the series after losing to Pakistan at Lords, so what changes will they make for the second Test? Ahead of the action - which gets underway from 10am on Sky Sports 2 on Friday - we checked in with our pundits and asked them to pick their XIs.England could make at least two changes, with James Anderson and Ben Stokes both proving their fitness in the County Championship. Lancashire director of cricket Ashley Giles says James Anderson is raring to go for Englands second Test It follows reports that Englands head coach Trevor Bayliss was unhappy with the decision to leave Anderson out of the squad for the first Test. Bearing in mind that no-one as yet has looked at the pitch - and assuming Anderson and Stokes are fit - here are the Sky Sports pundits selections...Nasser Hussains XI: Cook, Hales, Root, Vince, Ballance, Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen Ali, Woakes, Broad, Anderson.Nas says: Steven Finn and Jake Ball go out, with James Anderson and Ben Stokes back. Id have Adil Rashid in the squad just in case its a raging bunsen, which it can be at Old Trafford. Moeen Ali is bowled for a second-ball duck by Yasir Shah Moeen Alis place is under the greatest threat but it would be a little harsh to leave him out after getting 150 two Tests ago. You have to decide who is your best spinner in the conditions, factoring in the rough created outside off-stump by Pakistans left-armers.David Lloyds XI: Cook, Hales, Root, Vince, Ballance, Bairstow, Stokes, Woakes, Rashid, Broad, Anderson.Bumble says: Anderson is a very, very experienced player and if he says hes fit, Id go with him - I think hes sensible enough to say I dont think I can get through or Ill be fine, so hes in along with Stokes. Theyre a given, and Ball and Finn have to give way. Jake Ball could be out after just one Test England need a spinner to take the ball away from right-handers, so Id go with Rashid over Moeen. I say that having not seen the pitch, though, so England could decide to play two spinners.Bob Willis XI: Cook, Hales, Root, Bell, Ballance, Bairstow, Stokes, Rashid, Woakes, Broad, Anderson.Bob says: Weve got too many players - Hales, Vince, Stokes, Ali, Broad - who bat like they are millionaires and Roots joined the club recently, so we need a level head in there and someone who can play spin, because Yasir Shah is probably the best leg-spinner since Shane Warne and hes going to be the key to this series. Ian Bell hits out against Yorkshire in Dubai England have got to find a way to play against him and I dont believe - out of the other batsmen that Ive seen - that anybody is as well-equipped as Bell to do that job. I would have picked him but the selectors havent gone down that road - its safety first, and Anderson and Stokes will come in for Finn and Ball.Rob Keys XI: Cook, Hales, Root, Vince, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Woakes, Broad, Anderson.Rob says: Anderson comes back in if he says hes fit, youve got to go with him. Woakes has been outstanding for the last few Tests, and took 11 wickets at Lords, so he has to keep his place - that means its a pretty easy conversation to have with both Finn and Ball, although its unfortunate for them. Should Ben Stokes go back up to six in the batting order? They could have brought Stokes in for a batsman and played an extra bowler, but now theyve gone with Vince and Ballance, theyve got to give them a good run of games. I would put Stokes back in at six though, despite Bairstow playing well there - the more responsibility Stokes has had in the past, the more return England have got.Nick Knights XI: Cook, Hales, Root, Vince, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Woakes, Broad, Anderson.Ive got Stokes and Anderson coming back in for Ball and Finn. Now theyve got some game time behind them with their counties, they naturally demand a place in the team. Will Moeen Ali keep his spot as Englands spinner? Id stick with Moeen as the spinner over Rashid. With Pakistans left-armers creating rough, I would want that off-spin option.Watch day one of the second Test between England and Pakistan live on Sky Sports 2 from 10am on Friday. Also See: Misbah, we salute you! Story of Day Four Amirs redemption Pakistans press-ups Mats Naslund Jersey . Weise will have his hearing with the NHL head office over the phone, while the league has requested an in-person hearing with Kassian. Oilers centre Sam Gagner suffered a broken jaw after getting hit with a high stick from Kassian in Edmontons 5-2 win. Maurice Richard Canadiens Jersey . Now comes an off-season of questions about manager Matt Williams decisions and a handful of key roster choices, including what to do about Ryan Zimmerman, whether to sign Jordan Zimmermann and Ian Desmond to long-term deals, and how to upgrade an offence that fell flat in October. http://www.canadienssale.com/authentic-n...nadiens-jersey/. Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. Noah Juulsen Jersey . The Pope greeted Klose at his general audience Wednesday and the pair had a long chat. Klose is German like the pope, although he was born in Poland. In Sundays derby, Lazio took the lead in the seventh minute after Maarten Stekelenburg brought down Klose, resulting in the Roma goalkeeper being sent off and a penalty that Hernanes converted. Alexei Kovalev Jersey . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3.NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Devils struggled to slow down David Desharnais on Wednesday. Desharnais scored the tying goal with 37 seconds left in the third period and added a goal in the shootout and the Montreal Canadiens rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Devils. "Were finding ways to win games," Desharnais said. "They took the lead and we had to open up things. I just go in there and try to score (in the shootout). (Devils goalie Cory Schneider) opened up his leg and I put it right there." Desharnais tying goal in the third was reviewed by the NHL to see if he had lifted his stick too high in redirecting the slap shot taken by teammate Brian Gionta. "I was sure it was a goal," Desharnais said. "I tipped one earlier this year that was a little higher than that, so there was no doubt." Lars Eller also scored in third period and shootout for Montreal, which also beat the Devils in Montreal on Monday night. Reid Boucher, credited with an assist on Michael Ryders goal in the third period, scored for the Devils in the shootout, breaking a string of 20 straight missed chances by the Devils, who are 0-5 in shootouts this season. The Devils have lost nine straight shootouts, dating back to March 15 in Philadelphia. Devils coach Pete DeBoer picked Boucher to take the first attempt in the shootout, saying that Boucher "was feeling pretty good about his game and it made sense." Boucher admitted to being nervous at first, but he seemed to play better and better as the game went on. "I just heard a couple minutes ago (that his shootout goal snapped a drought)," Boucher said. "We had the lead and it was unfortunate they scored that goal at the end. I was pretty surprised (to be picked). Its a privilege and I wanted to capitalize on my opportunity. A quick fake shot, I kind of took a step over and shot a low blocker." Patrik Elias unassisted goal at 18:54 had given the Devils a 3-2 edge, but Desharnais scored for Montreal and forced overtime with 37 seconds to go. Elias had the final chance to tie it ffor the Devils in the shootout, but couldnt beat Canadiens goalie Peter Budaj, who ended the game with 31 saves.dddddddddddd "Hes a great shooter," Budaj said. "I was just trying to keep my ground and win that battle. I was able to come up with the big save." The teams combined for five goals in the third period. The Devils led 2-1 before Eller scored on a backhand to tie the score at 2-2 at 16:10. Andrei Loktionov and Michael Ryder each scored in the third period to give the Devils a 2-1 lead. Boucher assisted on Ryders goal. Gionta scored in the first period to give Montreal a 1-0 lead and Budaj made it hold until Loktionov scored 4:19 into the third period to tie it at 1-1. Ryders seventh goal off a pass from Boucher broke the tie at 9:50. Loktionov received a pass from Marek Zidlicky before he spun inside and let loose a sailing shot past Budaj for a 1-1 tie. Ryders shot beat Budaj to the far side. Gionta scored at 10:36 of the first on a pinpoint pass from the outer edge of the left circle by Daniel Briere. Gionta skated onto the puck at the crease and knocked it past Schneider inside the far post. Seconds before Giontas goal, Devils rookie defenceman Eric Gelinas had his shot at an open net bang off the right post. Cam Janssen of the Devils and Brandon Prust of the Canadiens squared off in a fight 2:35 into the first period. Janssen had hit Alex Galchenyuk against the boards before he was challenged by Prust. Both received five-minute penalties for fighting. Montreal held a 13-9 shot advantage in the first. Boucher got off his first career shot in the opening seconds of the second period, a slap shot that Budaj saved. The Devils pressed forward in the second period, and held a 10-7 shot advantage. Loktionov had a breakaway, but was stopped by Budaj. Budaj also made a save on Jaromir Jagrs shot with eight seconds to go. NOTES: Ryan Carter was placed on injured reserve by the Devils, who recalled Boucher was recalled from Albany (AHL) to take his spot on the roster. Boucher leads the A-Devils with 10 goals and 69 shots. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de