Schneeflocken

hes been on base 12 times. He was seen in the dugout giving a rah-rah

in So funktioniert das Forum 16.09.2019 03:52
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

The gold-wrapped TV deal the Canadian Football League secured last year will make financial life a lot easier for every franchise this season. NFL Jerseys Wholesale . But for a few weeks this spring, it also played a significant role in a labour dispute that could have stopped the season from getting off the ground. TSN/RDS and the CFL signed a new contract last year that runs through 2018, reportedly worth in the neighbourhood of $40 million per season, more than double the previous five-year agreement. That extra cash is great news for money-losing franchises like the Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "We needed a deal that would dramatically change the economics of our league and its teams and thats what this does," league commissioner Mark Cohon said last year when it was announced. "This will allow losing teams to start making money and to make some investments in their future, whether its new stadiums or practice facilities. Its definitely transformative from an economic standpoint." But the flip side of the coin was the serious pre-season friction with the CFL Players Association the lucrative new agreement provoked. Players wanted a bigger slice of the TV pie than the league was offering and in the end settled for a $600,000 bump in the salary cap to $5 million, more than a million short of what they initially sought, although only $200,000 less than their final offer to the league. But labour peace has now been guaranteed for the next five years and TSN president Stewart Johnson wants to look for even more ways to give fans an up-close-and-personal look at the CFL this season as the new deal kicks in. "How do we create better access for a viewers?" he said as the CFL prepares to start the 2014 season with the Toronto Argonauts visiting the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Thursday. He said he league has already been very co-operative in allowing the network to put microphones on players, put cameras in locker-rooms for speeches and Grey Cup pre-game and post-game talks and putting cameras in less traditional places on the field. "Look for us to continue to look for new ways to innovate when it comes to that type of thing," he said. This year former Bombers coach Paul LaPolice will move to a full-time member of the "CFL on TSN" panel from the part-time role he occupied last season. Rod Smith will host the show. "He (LaPolice) has shown to be an incredible asset to bring a coachs perspective to our panel as we try to tell those stories," said Johnston. The panel is expected to be live in Ottawa for the expansion Redblacks opener and Hamilton as their new stadium is christened. The 2014 CFL broadcast schedule will expand to 86 games in 2014, with the addition of the Ottawa expansion franchise and the playoff games, including the Grey Cup. "Were thrilled with that expansion to begin with. Having nine more games on the schedule in and of itself is a huge benefit to TSN (and) expanding to another major Canadian market that will generate interest not only in the home team but the league as a whole is a benefit to TSN." The new agreement gives TSN and RDS exclusive media rights to all CFL exhibition, regular-season and playoff games — including the Grey Cup — as well as the leagues annual draft and combine. In addition to broadcast and digital rights, it includes exclusive radio rights to the Grey Cup for TSN and Team radio stations. "The deal is an incredibly important component of TSNs overall programming schedule," said the network president. "It is an exclusive relationship with a top-tier property that delivers incredibly compelling all-Canadian content and culminates in the biggest show on Canadian soil, the Grey Cup." The CFL is a marquee property for TSN, which lost the NHL national rights earlier this year after Rogers paid $5.2-billion for a 12-year deal. Sports increasingly is seen as the premium product for broadcasters in the competitive multi-channel environment. "It has to be consumed live, there are very few folks who want to PVR a sporting event and watch it later," said Johnston. "That translates into an increased value proposition for our advertisers." Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2020 . -- League scoring leader Anthony Mantha had two goals and two assists to lead the Val-dOr Foreurs over the Blainville-Boisbriand Phoenix 6-3 on Wednesay in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Wednesday. Discount NFL Jerseys 2020 . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. https://www.nfljerseys2020.com/ .One day after winning her record 63rd World Cup race, Vonn posted to her Facebook account Tuesday that she was happy Woods surprised her by coming to the race, and that she felt terrible that his tooth got knocked out.ST. LOUIS - David Ortiz deserves a lot of love for his performance in the Red Soxs 4-2, World Series-tying victory on Sunday night at Busch Stadium. Hell get it here; a little later on. In the immediate, the focus will be on Jonny Gomes and an unsung hero, Felix Doubront. The Red Sox are two wins away from the franchises third world championship in 10 seasons. This, despite an offensive output offensive to the sensibilities. Boston is hitting a collective .223 in the playoffs. After a solid start against the Rays (38-133 - .286), the Red Sox have been stifled by the Tigers (39-193 - .202) and the Cardinals (24-127 - .189) through four games. There is one offensive area in which the Red Sox are thriving: the timely, usually multi-run home run. This is where Gomes comes in. His three-run, sixth inning blast off Cardinals reliever Seth Maness broke a 1-1 tie and gave the Red Sox the 4-2 lead they wouldnt relinquish. The home run was Gomes first of the postseason. It was Bostons fourth hit of the game. The Sox would finish the night with a total of six hits. Gomes joins David Ortiz (Game 2, ALCS, game-tying grand slam,) Mike Napoli (Game 3, ALCS, solo home run) and Shane Victorino (Game 6, ALCS, go-ahead grand slam) among Red Sox players with big home runs on otherwise dry offensive nights this fall. Funny thing, Gomes wasnt supposed to start. He was a late addition to the starting lineup when Victorino went down with lower-back pain. "I was notified about halfway through batting practice," said Gomes. "Like I said earlier, its all I fought for this year; just the opportunity. So when my number is called, Im stepping up. Im not dodging any situation. Obviously a little different pregame than playing and not playing so I kind of got changed real quick." Doubront, a 26-year-old left-hander who won 11 games for a second-straight regular season, authored 2 2/3 innings of one run, one hit ball in relief of Clay Buchholz, who was removed for a pinch hitter in the fifth. To be clear, Doubront was dominant. He exited in the seventh after allowing a two out double and was tagged with a run when Craig Breslow, whos had a bad series, coughed up a single to the first hitter he faced. NFL Jerseys 2020. Doubront threw 32 pitches, all the more impressive considering hed thrown two scoreless innings on 25 pitches the night before. Remember, hes accustomed to starting. Pitch, rest and prepare for four days and then pitch again. The routine is different and requires mental and physical adjustments. His performance gave Gomes the opportunity to be the offensive hero. "I was pretty much focused," said Doubront. "And when I got my time, when I got that opportunity to go up there and do my job - you know, as a reliever - now I was feeling pretty good. And like I say, focus and try to get serious and give my teammates the opportunity to score more runs and win the game." Meantime, Ortiz, after struggling to just two hits in the ALCS (yes, one of them was that important grand slam) is suddenly red hot and should Boston win the series, would cement his status as one of the greatest Red Sox of all time. Ortiz had three hits and a walk in four plate appearances and scored two runs. Hes 8-12 (.667) and has drawn four walks in the World Series. In 16 plate appearances, hes been on base 12 times. He was seen in the dugout giving a rah-rah speech to teammates before the start of the sixth inning, at the time the game was tied 1-1, and while its foolish to believe the talk propelled Gomes home run ball over the fence, it offered insight into his willingness to allow his mouth, along with his play, to do the talking. "Through five innings we got two hits and hes got both of them," said Red Sox manager John Farrell. "His career states what hes done. Hes a tremendous hitter at any point in time in the year. Playing first base has certainly not affected it in any way. Hell be back in there (Monday) at first." With the victory, the Red Sox assured this series returns to Fenway Park and perhaps more importantly, returns to American League rules. The Cardinals will have to beat a Boston lineup that will include Ortiz and Mike Napoli, not one or the other. Were down to a best of three. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de