Schneeflocken

the Rangers have given me another oppo

in So funktioniert das Forum 16.09.2019 03:52
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- After a forgettable weekend, Anton Khudobin helped the Carolina Hurricanes get a much-needed victory on Tuesday night. Frank Fabra Colombia Jersey . Khudobin made a career-high 46 saves and Andrei Loktionov and Patrick Dwyer each had a goal and an assist to send Carolina past the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1. Nathan Gerbe also scored, and Jay Harrison added two assists for the Hurricanes, who were criticized by coach Kirk Muller after weekend losses to Boston and Edmonton. "In the neutral zone we did a better job of getting speed and getting on the forecheck," Carolinas Jordan Staal said. Boone Jenner scored for Columbus, which outshot the Hurricanes 19-0 in the third period. Carolina jumped ahead at 3:41 on its first shot. Gerbe grabbed a loose puck that defenceman Fedor Tyutin couldnt handle and on an odd-man rush and scored his 15th of the season from the right circle. "When you score first its always important and gives you a little confidence," Khudobin said. "Im happy with the win. I would probably be more happy if I didnt get scored on with like a minute left. But we got the result, we won. Thats most important for me." The Hurricanes were close to a playoff spot on Feb. 7, but they entered the game having lost nine of 12 and are likely to miss the post-season again. The Blue Jackets are in a tight race in the Eastern Conference playoff race. They dropped a rare one at home where they are 10-3-1 in their past 14. "It seemed we had some pretty good quality chances," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "We hit a couple posts (during the game). We had our opportunities. I think we were doing some things to create offence. We just werent able to finish." Sergei Bobrovsky allowed three goals on 20 shots. He was replaced by Curtis McElhinney to start the third period. Early in the second period, Loktionov poked home his fifth to make it 2-0 on the power play -- and Carolinas eighth shot -- with Jenner in the box for delay of game. Bobrovksy stopped Harrisons point shot -- that broke the stick of Columbus Derek MacKenzie propelling the blade into the slot -- but defenceman Jack Johnson couldnt stop Loktionov. "I think the second period we picked it up and basically we scored at the right time with timely goals," Muller said. Columbus had chances the rest of the period, but couldnt beat Khudobin, who made a nice stop on R.J. Umberger. The Blue Jackets took two more penalties in the period that tempered their momentum. Then with room down the right side, Dwyer scored his seventh at 17:20 on a slap shot from the right circle that beat Bobrovsky near side. In the third period, Khudobin turned aside one shot after another until Jenner scored his 13th on a redirection with 50 seconds left. "Its funny, weve been on the other end so many times this year outshooting teams and coming up short," Muller said. "Change it around tonight and your goalie wins the hockey game. I guess it balances it out." Notes: The 47 shots for Columbus were a season high. ...The Hurricanes last won in Columbus on March 8, 2004, a span of four games. ... Blue Jackets LW Blake Comeau knocked Hurricanes D Ryan Murphy from the game in the first period with a hit into the glass. It was Comeaus first game since a two-game suspension for boarding Red Wings defenceman Brendan Smith. ... Hurricanes C Elias Lindholm and D Justin Faulk fell ill and were late scratches. Camilo Vargas Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. Miguel Borja Colombia Jersey . The Canucks figured to be active prior to Wednesdays trade deadline, getting a jump on things the previous day when they dealt goaltender Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for netminder Jacob Markstrom and forward Shawn Matthias. http://www.nationalcolombiafootball.com/yerry-mina-colombia-jersey/ . Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there.MONTREAL -- The wild fans, the history and the weight of expectations make the Montreal Canadiens a demanding team for any hockey coach, especially those with no NHL experience. But three who were in that position in the late 1990s and early 2000s -- Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien and Claude Julien -- have gone on to do some impressive things in the NHL. A victory in the Eastern Conference final between Vigneaults New York Rangers and Therrien, in his second stint with Montreal, will put one of them in a Stanley Cup final. Between the three men, they will have been to the final five times. In 2008, Therrien reached the final with the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing in six games to the Detroit Red Wings. In 2011, Juliens Boston Bruins defeated Vigneaults Vancouver Canucks to claim the Stanley Cup. And in 2013, Julien had the Bruins back in the final only to lose to the Chicago Blackhawks. All three have credited the chance they got to coach middling-to-weak Montreal teams with their later success, even if their head coaching prospects were in doubt when they were eventually let go by the Canadiens. "You never know about the future," said the 50-year-old Therrien, whose team is coming off a second-round win over Juliens Bruins. "We learned a lot when we were young and that goes with experience. "Having to deal a lot with you (reporters) is a big part of our job. But it goes through a process. It goes with experience. Myself, Alain, Claude, we were young coaches at the time and we learned a lot. We started in Montreal and, Alain and me, we almost took the same route. We went back to the minors and went back to junior and the American League. "So Im glad for the success (Vigneault) had in Vancouver and New York. That was a great learning experience as a young coach to start in Montreal." There were actually four inexperienced coaches in a row, as Mario Tremblay got it started when he replaced Jacques Demers in 1995. But while Tremblay later worked as an assistant, he never got another head coaching job. In 1997, Tremblay was replaced by Vigneault, a former Ottawa Senators assistant who had been coaching in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Viggneault was replaced midway through the 2000-01 campaign by Therrien, who in turn lost his job to Julien in 2003. Yerry Mina Colombia Jersey. Vigneault was out of coaching for two seasons but returned with the junior P.E.I. Rocket before being named head coach of the Manitoba Moose, the Canucks AHL affiliate at the time. He was promoted to the Vancouver job to start the 2006-07 season and promptly took the Canucks to a division title and got the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL coach of the year, beating out Therrien and Buffalos Lindy Ruff. The Quebec City natives Canucks finished first overall in the NHL twice. But a drop-off last season saw Vancouver opt for former Rangers coach John Tortorella while Vigneault signed a five-year deal with New York. Now Vigneaults looking for another trip to the final. "My first NHL gig as a head coach was in a beautiful place, a Canadian city where hockey is passionate, hockey is demanding," the 53-year-old said. "Expectations were always very high, so I learned a lot. "I worked with some great people. It took me six years to get another kick at the can and obviously when I got my other chance, I used my experience in Montreal and my experience of going back to junior and also going to the American League and tried to help my new NHL team the best way I could. Now, this year, the Rangers have given me another opportunity and thats what Im trying to do." When Therrien left Montreal, he got a job coaching the Penguins farm club in Wilkes-Barre and was promoted to the NHL club on Dec. 15, 2005. He was fired suddenly on Feb. 15, 2009, one season after going to the final, in favour of Dan Bylsma. The new coach got Pittsburgh back to the final and avenged the defeat of Therriens team the year before by beating the Red Wings for the Cup. Therrien worked in television while waiting for his next chance, which came when new general manager Marc Bergevin hired him to return to the Canadiens at the start of last season. After Montreal, Julien was hired by the New Jersey Devils, but he also fell victim to a surprise firing late in the 2006-07 season despite a 47-24-8 record. The Bruins snapped him up the following season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de