Schneeflocken

Orioles pitcher Chris Tillman

in Neuvorstellungen 15.09.2019 02:45
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The next phase in New York Mets ace Matt Harveys rehabilitation from elbow reconstruction surgery is being pushed back, and the All-Star right-hander is becoming more realistic about his chances of pitching in the major leagues this year. Harvey was supposed to throw off a slope for the first time Tuesday but he was told last week while working out at the Mets complex in Port St. Lucie, Florida, that the plan was being scrapped. "A little surprised," Harvey said before the Mets played the Milwaukee Brewers. "We kind of had that plan written up for quite some time and to hear four or five days before Im making a milestone is a little disappointing." New York general manager Sandy Alderson said there is nothing wrong with Harvey. In fact the 25-year-olds recovery might have been going too well. "I think the realization that as we transition from long tossing to throwing off a slope that we were moving sort of inexorably to a conclusion that we wanted to avoid, which is pitching too soon," Alderson said. "After talking with our doctors it made sense to slow him down a little bit." In a season in which Tommy John surgery has become a near epidemic -- 22 pitchers had the operation so far, according to data provided from STATS via writer Jon Roegele -- the Mets are basing their timetable for Harveys return on a growing amount of data that shows pitchers have more success if they dont return before 11 months from the date of surgery. Harvey had his operation on Oct. 22. "Thats about the last week in September," Alderson said of the target date. "Thats a very narrow window to try to hit from our standpoint." Manager Terry Collins, who was given a vote of confidence from Alderson with the Mets on a six-game skid, said he wouldnt expect Harvey to pitch for New York in the final week of the season unless the team was in contention. Harvey had been set on returning this season but understands the decision is out of his hands. "I think Im coming to realize that I cant write myself in the lineup is becoming more realistic," Harvey said. "Im the one throwing the baseball. I havent had one pinch of pain. I can only express how good I feel and how ready I personally feel." Harvey will continue to long toss from 120 feet -- sometimes 150 -- and throw off flat ground for the time being. Alderson said a new plan has not yet been finalized. Alderson, meanwhile, met with Collins after the team returned from an 11-game road trip a season-high seven games under .500 at 28-35 because he felt there was too much talk about Collins status in the media. "Every time we lose a few games in a row, theres speculation about somebody taking a fall and thats simply not the way to approach a long season," Alderson said. Nike Air Force 1 Norge Prisjakt . Hes just beginning to get similar results. The right-hander struggled after winning the honour in 2008 and 2009, but a retooling of his game has begun to pay off and has the San Francisco Giants thinking about the Lincecum of old. Air Force 1 Herre Norge . Of all the names out there who could realistically be dealt by Wednesdays deadline, Ryan Kesler remains No. 1 on the most desired list. And while were not sure if theyre any closer to a deal, we now have a defined price. http://www.airforce1norge.com/air-force-1-dame-norge.html. Pressley missed all of last season with Cincinnati because of a knee injury, but the 5-foot-10, 249-pounder had been expected to fill a need on Clevelands roster. Air Force 1 Hvit Norge . The top-ranked Spaniard won his fourth Madrid Open on Sunday after Kei Nishikori was forced to withdraw with a hip injury when trailing 2-6, 6-4, 3-0 in the final. And Nadal, who is coming off to uncharacteristic quarterfinal losses on clay, said his mental strength is still lacking just two weeks ahead of the French Open. Air Force 1 Dame Norge . The 18-time champions, who havent won the title since 1990, moved two points behind Arsenal after the leaders were stunned 6-3 at Manchester City on Saturday. Defending champion Manchester United trails Arsenal by 10 points after winning 3-0 at Aston Villa to avoid a third successive league loss.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Royals pitcher Jeremy Guthrie wore his familiar home jersey into the Kauffman Stadium interview room Wednesday and promptly apologized for what he had worn just 12 hours earlier.After the Royals had beaten the Baltimore Orioles 2-1 to take a 3-0 lead in their AL Championship Series, Guthrie showed up to his postgame news conference wearing a T-shirt that a fan had sent him that read, These Os Aint Royal.The phrase is a twist on a lyric in the Chris Brown song, Loyal.The shirt touched off criticism of Guthrie, who spent five years with Baltimore. Along with offending many Orioles fans, the shirt also ignited controversy because of the vulgar and derogatory nature of the songs original lyrics.Ive already apologized to a number of people because theres no intention to offend. If you know me, Im not a person that likes confrontation, Guthrie said. This shirt was sent to me, and it will be sent to the garbage, because thats probably where it belongs.Guthrie said he was aware of Browns hip-hop song, and that hed probably heard it about three times. But he said he wasnt aware of the reaction it might generate.He spent Wednesday morning sending out text messages to friends who still play for the Orioles and took to Twitter to apologize to their fan base.He sent me a text apologizing this morning, said Orioles pitcher Chris Tillman, a former teammate. I haventt had a chance to text him back yet.ddddddddddddOrioles manager Buck Showalter wasnt aware of the furor, though a question did touch of an entertaining exchange. When told Guthrie had worn a shirt riffing on a lyric from a Chris Brown song, he replied: Chris Brown is weighing in on the Royals and the Os in a song?Whats the original line? Showalter asked.At that point, a spokesperson for Major League Baseball pointed out that Showalters pregame news conference was being televised live, and it would be better not to fill him in.Showalter later acknowledged he had a few — ah, rather sensitive — shirts in his own wardrode, though he also said he doesnt wear them where folks will take notice.I might offend somebody, he said.One of the subplots to the ALCS since it returned to Kansas City for Game 3 has been the bravado of the young Royals, who had yet to lose in seven post-season games. Outfielder Jarrod Dyson brashly predicted the series would not return to Baltimore, and that if the Royals won Game 3 on Tuesday night, many of the Orioles would already feel defeated.Kansas City won 2-1, taking a 3-0 lead in the series.Its not bragging if you can back it up, Showalter said. Regardless of what happens in the series, it wont be because somebody wants it more than the other. It wont be because of what somebody didnt do. It would be because of what somebody did. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de