Schneeflocken

add some depth and make the t

in Neuvorstellungen 22.08.2019 02:44
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Daniel Cormier has won all 15 of his mixed martial arts fights, so its not really surprising that hes confident heading into his 16th contest, a grudge match with light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones that will headline UFC 182 on Saturday. Christian Okoye Chiefs Jersey . The undefeated fighter has not even allowed the concept of losing for the first time to enter his mind. I havent thought of that (losing) for a second, I wont even accept that as my reality, said Cormier during Mondays pre-fight conference call that also featured his opponent Jon Jones. You prepare for adversity, but how do you prepare yourself to get knocked down or stuck in a submission. You have to stay positive in your training when you are preparing for something so big. TSN kicks off its UFC coverage on Saturday with COUNTDOWN TO UFC 182: JONES VS. CORMIER at 7pm et/4pm pt on TSN4 and TSN5. The countdown show leads into two hours of UFC 182 preliminary fight coverage at 8pm et/5pm pt. The conference call was the calmest public conversation between the two combatants, following a brawl that broke out at the MGM Grand during the media day for UFC 178 on August 4th and an off-broadcast conversation that was caught live on mic during a joint interview on ESPN SportsCenter. For Cormier, the intensity remains, but the theatrics are over. I dont think the heat between us has gone anywhere, just whats the point of the two of us yelling and screaming at each other, said Cormier. All the arguing, all the yelling, all the name-calling, it motivated me during my training. Whats the point in it anymore? It serves no more purpose. Many have pinned Jones as the villain and Cormier on the good side of the verbal spat that took place between the two fighters, but the undefeated light-heavyweight takes responsibility for his actions and isnt upset about the way the footage has been used to promote the upcoming bout. The crazy thing is when you look at that video how am I painted in a bright light for the things that Im saying, said Cormier. Im not upset about it; they can only use the stuff that we said. If I didnt say it or do it, they couldnt use it. When you do things, there is a consequence to every action and my action was being petty and they used it. Its got people excited, people want to watch this fight and thats a big deal. When it comes to in-fight strategy, the 35-year-old fighter is ready to go where ever the bout takes him and thinks he can be successful in any fashion. There is no one way for anyone to win a fight, I think people are getting very narrow minded in terms of how this fight can play out, how one guy has to win, said Cormier. There is no set way in how I have to win this fight. If I dont secure takedowns it doesnt mean I cant win this fight. I think we need to look at it a little broader, instead of being narrow minded. As far as how the Lafayette, Louisiana native plans to overcome the man ranked as the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world and finally claim the gold, Cormier is planning to use his skills and look within. I think it boils down to belief, belief that this can be done, said Cormier. A lot of the time people dont believe when they are staring at a hill or a mountain that seems like it cant be climbed, its belief. Believing in yourself, your skills, your team, believing in everything youve done to this point, believing that its all enough. Cormier will also enter the fight with a healthy amount of respect for the ability of his opponent, despite the bad blood that has been apparent between them. I like a lot of his abilities, I like his creativeness inside the octagon and confidence in himself, said Cormier. Anytime a person wins as many fights as he has in a row they deserve a lot of respect and at the level hes won, its hard not to almost admire that to a degree. There are a number of things I like about him inside the cage. Originally scheduled to fight at UFC 178 as an injury replacement for Alexander Gustafsson, the bout was pushed back due to an injury to Jones, which Cormier believes only aides in his quest to win the belt. I believe it helped me, anytime you get a UFC title fight you dont want it on short notice. Cormier will finally get his crack at the light-heavyweight champion when he meets Jon Jones in the main event of UFC 182 on Saturday. Frank Clark Womens Jersey . David Perron had a career high four-point night with two goals and two assists as the Oilers experienced an offensive explosion, blasting the Columbus Blue Jackets 7-0 to record a rare home win for their second victory in a row. Joe Montana Womens Jersey .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Larry-Johnson-Elite-Jersey/ .C. Lions signed cornerback Dante Marsh to a contract extension on Friay and released receiver Paris Jackson.The Edmonton Oilers reputation precedes them. For offseason acquisitions, defencemen Mark Fayne and Keith Aulie and wingers Benoit Pouliot and Teddy Purcell, that reputation includes two top-30 point producers and three top-50 goal scorers from last season and three former No. 1 overall picks. It also happens to include eight consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance. Its no secret which part of the see-saw reputation the new guys are focusing on heading toward the upcoming campaign. "The rebuild is pretty far on its way now with some of the guys they have, and especially this offseason with some of the other guys theyre bringing in," said Fayne, who was signed as a free agent on July 1. "I dont think its so much at the beginning stage anymore and I think thats only going to help." "Its a young group that desperately wants to win," Aulie, also a July 1 signing, added. "Just playing against them in the past, theyre hard working. Its an exciting team."If the Oilers do have the ability to be one thing, its exciting. Taylor Hall finished seventh in league scoring during the 2013-2014 season with 80 points, including 27 goals. Jordan Eberle and David Perron collected 28 goals each while Ryan Nugent-Hopkins set career highs in goals (19), assists (37) and points (56). Theres also former No. 1 pick Nail Yakupov, who has shown flashes of brilliance more than once in his first two seasons. "Im looking forward to actually being able to get the puck up to some of those younger guys and just let them fly," Fayne said. SStar players are clearly not the problem in Edmonton, but what has been an issue in the past is complimenting those players and adding stability beyond the big names on the roster. Harrison Butker Youth Jersey. Aside from the top four scorers on the club, no other player reached forty points last season. Only one of 28 players to appear in more than 10 games and five of 37 in total managed to avoid a minus rating. And thats a small sample size of a much larger problem. There are holes to fill and the new guys appear ready and willing to get their hands dirty. "Were not going to come in here and save the day, but we think were going to come in here and add some depth and make the team a better team," said Purcell, the returning player in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning for Sam Gagner. "Were not putting unrealistic expectations on ourselves, but we think we can help these guys." Reaching the post-season for the first time since a Game 7 loss in the Stanley Cup Final in 2006 may be an unrealistic expectation. What is likely more attainable is improving beyond the basement of the Pacific Division, where the club has finished in four of the last five seasons. "I think theres lots of work to be done, obviously," Aulie said. "Theres nowhere to go but up, so as young guys, myself and these other guys here with me, we just want to come in and make a positive impact; just help this team out because its exciting to be a part of a team thats on the upswing." "We understand how much pride this city has in the team and we just cant wait to make a positive impact." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de