Schneeflocken

sport have kind of phased out of it.

in Neuvorstellungen 21.08.2019 02:48
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

New York, NY (SportsNetwork. Chuma Edoga Womens Jersey .com) - Kyle Lowry totaled 21 points, 11 assists and six steals as the Toronto Raptors outlasted the New York Knicks in overtime, 95-90, in a seesaw battle at Madison Square Garden. The matchup between the Atlantic Division leaders and the five-win Knicks was surprisingly tight as neither team led by more than seven points. There were 12 leads changes and 21 ties, but Toronto controlled play in overtime as New York missed its first seven shots. Terrence Ross finished with 22 points, while Lou Williams and Patrick Patterson contributed 15 and 13 points, respectively off the bench for Toronto, which improved to 5-3 without star guard DeMar DeRozan. Carmelo Anthony paced the Knicks with 34 points, but New York failed to build off Fridays victory over the Celtics. A Ross floater in the lane broke an 84-84 tie with 2:38 left in regulation, and after a series of empty possessions, Anthony missed a contested 19-footer from the right wing. After Lowry hit iron on a 3-point try inside the final minute, Anthony did the same from the top of the key. Toronto, though, knocked the rebound out of bounds, and Anthony took Patterson to the hole and put in a left-handed layup with 28.7 ticks left. Lou Williams dribbled away most of the 24-second clock and was long on a 3- point try, but Patterson grabbed the rebound and Toronto called timeout with 2.7 on the clock. Lowry drove left on the final possession of regulation and missed everything on his off-balanced baseline jumper. Patterson drained a 3-pointer on Torontos first touch in OT, and Lowry added a jumper the next time down. After Stoudemire split a pair at the foul line for the second time in the extra session, Lowry and Amir Johnson scored on back-to-back possessions for a 95-88 lead, and Toronto held on from there. It was knotted at 27-all heading into the second quarter and another back-and- forth frame ended with Quincy Acy tossing a length-of-the-floor pass to Jose Calderon for a buzzer-beating layup that gave New York a 46-45 lead. Ross 13 third-quarter points helped Toronto take a 72-67 advantage into the final quarter, but a Shane Larkin 3-pointer evened things at 74-74 less than three minutes in. Game Notes Lowry committed nine of Torontos 24 turnovers ... The Knicks gave it away 25 times ... Toronto came in averaging 108.4 points per game ... New York has dropped five in a row at home ... The Knicks were without guards J.R. Smith (foot) and Iman Shumpert (shoulder dislocation). Chuma Edoga Jersey . First, Ivan Nova decided to have season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Then Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games for using pine tar. LaDainian Tomlinson Jets Jersey . Rajne Soderberg, the director of the Stockholm Diamond League event, said in an email Friday that the ban still holds. Euromeetings, the organization representing Europes top track events, "will continue to recommend that members do not invite athletes who we believe cause disrepute to our meetings and our sport. http://www.authenticnyjetspro.com/Dennis-byrd-jets-jersey/ . Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match.CALGARY -- Canadas medal prospects in the new Olympic sport of freestyle halfpipe are bright if the World Cup in Calgary is an indication. Canadian men swept the podium and placed four in the top five Friday at Canada Olympic Park event and that was with reigning World Cup champion Mike Riddle of Sherwood Park, Alta., sidelined with a bruised heel. Justin Dorey of Vernon, B.C., Calgarys Noah Bowman and Matt Margetts of Penticton, B.C., finished first to third respectively in the halfpipe, which makes its Olympic debut next month in Sochi, Russia. Simon dArtois of Whistler, B.C., was fifth. "We have a lot of talent on the halfpipe team right now," Dorey said. "I think were all capable of putting down podium runs." Dorey, 25, posted a combined two-run score of 87.20 points for his first World Cup victory. Bowman, 21, was second with a 84.40 score, while Margetts, 25, was third with a score of 82.60. Calgarys Megan Gunning finished just outside the womens medals. Rowan Cheshire of Britain won the womens event with a score of 80.40 points. Virginie Faivre of Switzerland second with 79.80 points and Amy Sheehan of Australia third with 79.20. Edmontons Keltie Hansen was eighth. As in snowboard halfpipe, the freestylers use momentum generated by the pipes slopes to gain air and perform tricks. Former world champion Rosalind Groenewoud of Squamish, B.C., underwent surgery on both her knees last month. She wasnt yet ready for competition although she intends to compete in Sochi. The U.S. team wasnt in Calgary so reigning world champion David Wise and world silver medallist Torin Yater-Wallace were not in the mens field. "Theres no doubt there were some strong podium contenders who werent at this event, so that opens up a little bit of room," Canadian coach Trennon Paynter said. "That being said, our guys who podiumed today have all podiumed at major events in the past. "We had four of the top five. Its one of the best results weve ever had as a team. At this time of the year as were building towards going into Sochi, its such a positive note. Were all stoked." Canada will have to leave some halfpipe talent at home for the Winter Games. The country can enter a maximum of four men and Riddle has alreaddy qualified for one of those spots. Joe Klecko Youth Jersey. "We have some of the best halfpipe talent in the world, which is pretty crazy," Margetts said. "Its pretty cool we have that. It also makes it really difficult because we have so many good competitors, teammates we have to compete against and theres so few spots. "I still had two Canadians, two teammates, two competitors who were still ahead of me. Even though we all did well today, they still did better than me which gives them that little more of an opportunity to go, which kind of sucks. Youre obviously stoked for your friends, but youre competitors at the same time so its kind of difficult emotionally to deal with that." Dorey felt some of the pressure to qualify for Sochi lift with his victory. "Its not official that Ill be going, but I feel really confident in my position to get on the team, so now I can start pushing it a little bit more and start working on my Sochi run," he said. "The pressure, Im starting to learn how to deal with that a little better. There will be plenty of that in Russia. Im stoked to go there because Ive been doing this for almost eight years and lot of the guys I grew up with doing this sport have kind of phased out of it." Bowman joined Canada Olympic Parks freestyle club at age 14, so standing on the podium in the place where it all began felt special to him. "It means so much to have a podium with two of my best friends and teammates here in Calgary," he said. "It was so amazing to have friends and family out here supporting. Hearing all them cheer before I dropped in, I got chills." Both Bowman and Margetts said there was a standing bet among the Canadian men that if they ever achieved a medal sweep, Paynter "had to start smoking again," said Margetts. Paynter disavowed all knowledge of the wager to reporters. Canadas three male medallists each received a $5,000 bonus from WinSport, which operates Canada Olympic Park. WinSport established the Sarah Burke Performance Awards in memory of Burke, a Canadian freestyle ski pioneer who died following a training accident in January, 2012. Any Canadian athlete who earns a World Cup medal at COP earns the financial award. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de