Schneeflocken

n an announcement to the crowd.It is what it is, Thompso

in Neuvorstellungen 16.08.2019 09:30
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

A stunning fourth-quarter display has given the NZ Breakers the perfect start to the NBL season, defeating Melbourne United 76-71 in Auckland on Friday.The 2015/16 NBL runners-up trailed by four points at three-quarter time in an end-to-end affair but blew away their much-fancied opponents in the final period, scoring 28 points.Shooting guard Corey Webster turned on the heat as the clock wore down, nailing 11 points which included a treble of three-pointers. Swingman Tom Abercrombie drained 14 points.The Breakers endured a miserable six losses from six in pre-season but came out of the blocks strongly at Vector Arena, as each side landed blows and counter-blows.New import Ben Woodside looked assured running the point against ex-Breakers gun Cedric Jackson, while skipper Mika Vukona landed six first-quarter points.The two sides went into the first break at 17-16, but the class of Breakers stalwarts Webster and Tom Abercrombie subsequently shone through.Swingman Abercrombie nabbed 10 points in the first two quarters, including a perfect two from two at the three-point line, while Webster picked up five assists.United, meanwhile, struggled to gain rhythm or shooting precision, scoring fewer than 40 per cent of their overall shots as they went into the break trailing 31-40.However, the Melbourne-based outfit hit back early in the third, as the Breakers nine-point lead quickly evaporated and United piled on 13 points in five minutes.Former Breaker Tai Wesley nailed a three-pointer, as part of his game-high 15, to put United into the lead 47-45, which stretched to a 52-48 lead by three-quarter time.But the Breakers hit their stride again in the final quarter, cancelling a Majok Majok two-pointer with three-pointers to veteran Kirk Penney and Webster.A Webster two-pointer then gave the side a four-point buffer with six minutes to play, before the 27-year-old picked up another three-pointer.The game stretched away from United as the Breakers put on more points through centre Rob Loe and Vukona, before a United mini-revival pulled them back within three.But composed free throws from Abercrombie, Vukona and Woodside settled the side as they went on to claim a 76-71 victory. Kenny Golladay Lions Jersey . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. T.J. Hockenson Womens Jersey . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Youth-Jarrad-Davis-Elite-Jersey/ . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Jarrad Davis Womens Jersey . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Will Harris Womens Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. NEW YORK -- Madison Square Garden has its first mixed martial arts classic.Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley retained his title at UFC 205 on Saturday, as he and challenger Stephen Thompson fought to a majority draw at the Garden.Judges scored the five-round fight 47-47, 47-47 and 48-47 in Woodleys favor.Those scores amounted to a majority draw. However, UFC ring announcer Bruce Buffer at first incorrectly declared it a split-decision win for Woodley. Woodley retained the belt either way, but the official decision was a draw, which Buffer corrected in an announcement to the crowd.It is what it is, Thompson said after the initial confusion. We will do it again, back here at Madison Square Garden. Lets go.The final result was somewhat fitting for the back-and-forth fight. It was only the third time in UFC history that a title fight ended in a tie.UFC president Dana White says an immediate rematch makes sense. Who the hell wouldnt want to see that fight again? Id love to do it again, White said.Woodley (17-3) created the possibility of a draw by earning a 10-8 scoore in the fourth round.dddddddddddd He dropped Thompson twice with right hands in the round and seemed on the edge of finishing the fight. Thompson somehow managed to survive the punches and a tight guillotine later in the round.I wanted the finish, Woodley said. He caught me with some punches. I wasnt able to get those combinations off.The defending champs greatest weapons heading in were his wrestling and right hand, both of which turned up big. He took Thompson (13-2) down in the first round and cut him over the bridge of the nose with an elbow.Thompson, who fights out of South Carolina, found his range in the second and third rounds. He pinned Woodleys back to the fence and hit him with front kicks and left hands. A two-punch combination in the third appeared to stagger Woodley momentarily.The last time a title fight ended in a draw, between lightweights Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard in 2011, the UFC booked an immediate rematch. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de