Schneeflocken

d five assists

in Neuvorstellungen 24.07.2019 03:32
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Andre Villas-Boas was cast as the heir apparent to Jose Mourinho when he breezed into English football in June 2011 as one of Europes top young coaches. Jonathan Toews Jersey . After flopping at two top clubs, he leaves the Premier League 2 1/2 years later with that reputation in tatters. Villas-Boas was fired by Tottenham on Monday after 17 months in charge, having failed to gel a slew of expensive summer signings in a season blotted by three embarrassing defeats in the Premier League. On Sunday, Spurs slumped to a 5-0 home loss to Liverpool that left the team seventh in the Premier League. They were also humbled 6-0 by Manchester City last month and 3-0 by West Ham in October, exposing the shortcomings of a side that has had problems scoring despite an off-season outlay of around 107 million pounds ($174 million) on mostly attacking players. "The club can announce that agreement has been reached with head coach, Andre Villas-Boas, for the termination of his services," Tottenham said in a statement. "The decision was by mutual consent and in the interests of all parties." Villas-Boas had been looking to rebuild his reputation in England that had plummeted after being fired eight months into a spell at Chelsea. It is unlikely now that another leading Premier League team will take a gamble on Villas-Boas, despite his successful stint in charge of FC Porto in the 2010-11 season when he guided the side to the Portuguese league title without losing a game, and also won the Europa League and the Portuguese Cup. The Portuguese coach was halfway through a three-year contract at Tottenham. Spurs havent looked the same this season without Gareth Bale, whose record move to Real Madrid for 100 million euros ($132 million) allowed the club to embark on a spending spree that brought in seven players, including Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen. Bale won many games almost single-handedly for Tottenham last season, scoring 21 goals and being voted English footballs player of the year. Villas-Boas departs, however, boasting the best win percentage (53.7) in the league of any Spurs manager in the Premier League era. "This is a top-four squad but in our Premier League form, we are not there," the 36-year-old Villas-Boas said after the Liverpool match, when he pledged that he wouldnt resign. "We admit that in the Premier League things arent going in any shape or form the way we want." Villas-Boas is the fifth Premier League manager to lose his job this season, after Paolo Di Canio (Sunderland), Ian Holloway (Crystal Palace), Martin Jol (Fulham) and Steve Clarke (West Bromwich Albion). Spurs announced later Monday that three members of Villas-Boas backroom staff -- Jose Mario Rocha, Luis Martins and Daniel Sousa -- have also left. Technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood will take temporary charge of the first team along with coaches Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand, starting with Wednesdays League Cup quarterfinal against West Ham. The British media speculated Monday that Fabio Capello was a potential replacement for Villas-Boas, even though the Italian is due to coach Russia at next years World Cup in Brazil. A move to Spurs would see him reunited with Franco Baldini, his former assistant at England who is now Tottenhams technical director. Other names reportedly in the frame are ex-Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo, Swansea manager Michael Laudrup and Baldini himself. The agent of Guus Hiddink ruled the respected Dutch coach out of the running Monday. Whoever does succeed Villas-Boas will take over a team that has made it through to the knockout stage of the Europa League and is still in contention for a top-four finish in the Premier League. Spurs host West Ham in a League Cup quarterfinal match on Wednesday. Tottenhams large squad is also crammed with talent, so the job would be enticing to many. The new coachs first task would be improving the teams strike rate of only 15 goals in 16 league games this season and then shore up a defence that was breached with embarrassing ease by City and Liverpool over the past month. Brent Seabrook Jersey . Zimmermann became the National Leagues first 16-game winner, pitching seven solid innings to lead the Washington Nationals past the Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 Wednesday night. Dylan Strome Jersey . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level. http://www.officialblackhawksfanstore.com/authentic-alex-debrincat-blackhawks-jersey/ .C. United on Saturday night and boost the Unions playoff hopes. Nick DeLeon scored in the 36th minute for United (3-23-6), which had ample opportunities to build on its lead but went its 10th straight match without a victory.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Los Angeles Clippers hope to put Tuesdays season- opening loss to the Lakers behind them Thursday night when they host the Golden State Warriors. The Clippers, a trendy NBA championship pick by some after Doc Rivers left the Boston Celtics to become the head coach, lost to their fellow Staples Center tenants 116-103 in what was technically a road game. "The game just didnt look right to me throughout the game. I just didnt feel good about it. You could sense it," Rivers said on Wednesday. "I thought we came with the right intentions. We just didnt do them very well. I thought we broke down a lot. All of the things that weve worked on that we do in a drill and when the lights came on, we didnt do them." Rivers preached defense as a way for the Clippers, last seasons Pacific Division champs, to make a leap in the postseason. On Tuesday, the Lakers, without Kobe Bryant, scored 41 points in the fourth quarter, and shot 48 percent from behind the 3-point line. Blake Griffin led the Clippers against the Lakers with 19 points, but shot 3- for-10 from the foul line. Chris Paul, who re-signed with the Clips in the offseason, had a double-double with 15 points and 11 assists. DeAndre Jordan (17), Jamal Crawford (15) and J.J. Redick (13) all scored in double figures for L.A. The Warriors clobbered those same Lakers in their season debut Wednesday night att Oracle Arena. Glenn Hall Blackhawks Jersey. Golden State routed the Lakers 125-94 thanks to an awesome performance from Klay Thompson. The shooting guard was sensational with 38 points, including 27 at the half on 10-for-12 shooting. For the night, Thompson went 15-for-19 from the floor and 5-for-7 from the 3-point line. "After like my third three; I just knew I was getting open looks," said Thompson. "I was locked in before the game, too. Actually, I knew in the pre-game, I was hitting everything." David Lee, an All-Star last season, enjoyed a great game with 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists. The Warriors were up 33 points to start the fourth quarter, so Thompson was the only Golden State player to go more than 30 minutes. Steph Curry only had 10 points and Toney Douglas notched 13 off the bench. Andre Iguodalas Warriors debut was pedestrian with seven points, four rebounds, four assists, two steals and a block. "It was a lot of fun. This is my 10th one, you kind of get tired of opening night and the theatrics, youre just ready to go play." said Iguodala. "I think it was done well and it kind of gave us a boost of energy coming out. So weve got to let that energy carry us throughout the first month of the season, keep it going and just stay focused." The Warriors won three of the four meetings last season, but are 5-13 in the last 18 road matchups. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de