Schneeflocken

who weighed in Friday at 146 pounds t

in Neuvorstellungen 18.07.2019 03:02
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Westmount, Quebecs Eugenie Bouchard looks to advance further in Melbourne when she faces second seed Maria Sharapova in their quarter-final match at the Australian Open tonight. David Johnson Youth Jersey . Watch it live on TSN1, 3, 4 and 5 and TSN GO at approximately 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt, with coverage beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Sharapova has beaten Bouchard all three times theyve played, including twice at the French Open over the past two years. Bouchard took the first set in last years semifinal at Roland Garros, but Sharapova came back to beat her and went on to win the title, her fifth Grand Slam singles championship. Bouchard made the semifinals at three Grand Slams last year, including a run to the Wimbledon final. Last year she had the most consistent in all the Grand Slams, Sharapova said. Shes playing really well, confident tennis, aggressive. I have a tough match ahead of me, but I always look forward to that. Bouchard recalls that semifinal in Paris well: I kind of just remember a grind, I didnt feel like I was playing great tennis the whole time. I remember I had chances and stuff, but I was pretty disappointed after. So thats motivating. Also at the Rod Laver Arena this evening in the first match-up of the night, Simona Halep takes on Ekaterina Makarova in another quarter-final. This is only the second time that Romanias Halep, the #3 seed, has met 10th-seeded Makarova. The pair competed against each other at the Connecticut Open in 2013 when Halep was victorious. “I have confidence that I can beat (Makarova) again but it’s a quarter-final and it will be a tough match, said Halep. I expect very tough match, but I am prepared to play again my best.’’ In the mens draw, the Czech Republics Tomas Berdych, the #7 seed, faces an uphill battle when he meets 2009 champion, Rafael Nadal in a quarter-final. Watch it live on TSN1, 3, 4 and 5 and TSN GO at approximately 3am et/12am pt. Nadal is 18-3 all time against Berdych and has one 17-straight matches against the semi-finalist from last years tournament. Berdych knows that hes going to need another level to top Nadal, a winner of 14 Grand Slams and last years finalist. Im going to have to sit down with my team and prepare the right tactics, said Berdych. Whatever I need to do Im going to be ready for it and try to fight until the last point and bring something extra for myself. Following that match, hometown favourite Nick Kyrgios does battle with Scotlands Andy Murray. “He’s dangerous, he’s unpredictable, he’s entertaining, he’s a good athlete, moves well and he’s explosive on the court so he’s got a lot of things going for him, said Murray of the 19-year-old native of Canberra. This is the second Grand Slam quarter-final of Kyrgioss young career. At last years Wimbledon, Kygrios fell to Canadas Milos Raonic in four sets. There is also mixed-doubles action this evening, as Canadas Daniel Nestor and his partner, Kristina Mladenovic of France, take on Michaella Krajicek of the Netherlands and her partner, Florin Mergea of Romania. Nestors match will be available without commentary on TSN.ca at approximately 1am et/10pm pt. Larry Fitzgerald Jersey . The game was the first of two international friendlies that Canada is playing during the international break, with the second game against Slovenia set for Tuesday in Celje. Canada looked uncomfortable defensively throughout the game, and every free kick that came into Canadas penalty box looked like ending up in the back of the net. David Johnson Cardinals Jersey .com) - Devan Dubnyk stopped all 30 shots fired his way and made several big saves down the stretch for his third shutout of the season as the Minnesota Wild beat the Calgary Flames 1-0 on Tuesday. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Haason-Reddick-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Russell Martin wanted a better fate for his starting pitcher and helped deliver a happier ending.LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is enough of a businessman to know his latest fight would be a tough sell, especially after setting records with Canelo Alvarez his last time out. But sell he must, even though oddsmakers and nearly everyone else give Marcos Maidana little chance in their welterweight title fight Saturday night. A full house is already guaranteed at the MGM Grand hotel arena, but Mayweather needs people at home to pay $64.95 for the fight if he is going to recoup his guaranteed $32 million purse. So Mayweather hinted this week that this might be his last fight, though few in boxing believe that. He also said he planned to stand in front of Maidana and trade punches with the hard-hitting Argentine, though his history in the ring suggests he wont. Oh, and he wants to score a knockout, something hes done only once in the last seven years. "I want to look impressive," Mayweather said. "I want to put on a good show. We dont expect this fight to go the distance." Mayweather returns to the ring for the first time since dominating Alvarez in boxings richest bout, taking on Maidana in a fight that even Mayweather seems to have trouble expressing much enthusiasm about. Hes a bigger, much more skilled fighter than the Argentine, just part of the reason oddsmakers make him a 11-1 pick to remain undefeated in the 46th fight of a pro career that has made him the richest fighter ever. Still, Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) says he has to be wary of the power Maidana brings into the ring. "Hes got an 80 per cent knockout ratio so I cant go to sleep on this guy," he said. "But guys cant go to the mental level Im at. I can beat them many ways." The fight is part of a pay-per-view card that features former champion Amir Khan moving up to welterweight to fight another former champion in Luis Collazo. Khan had campaigned to be Mayweathers opponent and won an online poll set up by Mayweather, who ended up picking Maidana instead. If Khan is impressive, though, and Mayweatther wins as expected, the two could meet later this year. Zach Allen Jersey. "I would have loved to fight Floyd Mayweather, but I believe its really for the best," Khan said. "It gives me a chance to get to 147 and feel my way." Maidana (35-3, 31 knockouts) earned the fight with a strong showing in his last bout, twice knocking down Adrien Broner on his way to a decision win in December. Though Maidana hits hard, he will be up against a fighter who is such a defensive wizard that he rarely gets hit with more than one punch in any exchange. "Its very difficult to land a punch against Mayweather," Maidana said. "But when I land a punch Im going to hit him and not let him go. I will go after him." Mayweather, who weighed in Friday at 146 pounds to 146 1/2 for Maidana, said he welcomes the challenge after easily beating Alvarez last September in a fight that was supposed to be his toughest test. "If he brings his best maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my A game," Mayweather said. "Hopefully he will make me bring out my A game because my whole career all I had to use was a D and C game to beat every guy." If the Alvarez fight showed anything other than Mayweathers talent for making money -- and tons of it -- it was that a conventional fighter stands little chance against him. Hes been dodging punches since before he could walk, and hes a wizard at exploiting whatever weakness he finds in the fighter in front of him. "I can feel when a guys gonna punch. I can feel it," Mayweather said. "I dont even have to see it; I can feel it. You know, this is just with experience and being around the sport so long." Maidana says he can become the first to beat Mayweather because he will be the first to treat him just like any other fighter in the ring. "Other fighters they show respect, they show fear," he said. "Thats one thing I wont show against Mayweather." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de