Schneeflocken

n Friday. AT&T Stadium was the leading candidate

in Neuvorstellungen 15.07.2019 08:12
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

Derek Brunson was in a hurry to find out what Robert Whittaker was made of Saturday night in a pairing of red-hot UFC middleweights.He got his answer soon enough.Whittaker (17-4) fought through a relentless amount of pressure early on and finished Brunson by first-round TKO in the main event of UFC Fight Night in Melbourne, Australia.A native of New Zealand who was raised in Australia, Whittaker sent the partisan crowd at Rod Laver Arena home on a high note by winning his sixth straight bout, improving to 5-0 since moving up to middleweight two years ago.Referee Herb Dean waved off the bout at the 4:07 mark as Whittaker rained down clean punches with Brunson on his back.Me and my coaching staff got together, and we had a solid game plan, Whittaker said. We knew he was going to come out tough, but I had no idea he was going to come out that hard.Brunson (16-4) pushed the pace from the beginning in a style that bordered on reckless. He routinely backed Whittaker up to the cage and appeared to briefly hurt him with lunging jabs and looping power shots. But Whittaker, 25, repeatedly stuffed Brunsons takedown attempts and stayed poised within the chaos.I knew I had to weather the storm. He was a heavy hitter, Whittaker said. I tried to duck and weave as much as I could. I stuck to the game plan, I stuck to my setup. I ended up circling out and working through his weakness.As Whittaker continued to backpedal in the face of Brunsons pressure, he also found his range and began to slow down Brunson, 32, with uppercuts and stiff jabs. Soon enough, Brunsons aggressiveness began to work against him.The bout turned in Whittakers favor for good when he caught Brunson lunging forward with a short counter left hook that wobbled his legs and incited the Melbourne crowd. Whittaker followed with uppercuts, causing Brunson to close his swollen right eye.Whittaker quickly closed the distance and put away Brunson for good with a perfect combination of a left jab followed by a right kick to the head that badly hurt Brunson. A flurry of follow-up punches sent Brunson to the ground before Whittaker forced the stoppage with hammer punches.[Brunson] hits hard, very hard. His other opponents will testify to that, Whittaker said. But I hit hard, too. Im just as fast, and Im just as strong. If you come at me with holes in your plan, Im going to take it from you.The loss snapped a five-fight winning streak for Brunson, who was 7-1 in the UFC entering the bout. Whittaker, meanwhile, hopes to take a significant step forward in competition following the victory.Ive been in the top 10 for a while now, Whittaker said. Ive tried to demonstrate my ability every time I step in here and make an example. Im ready for those top-five contenders. Im waiting for my shot. China Jerseys Online . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Wholesale MLB Jerseys . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/ . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Cheap Jerseys Online . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . IRVING, Texas -- The Big 12 will hold its newly reinstated football championship game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys.The conference announced the site of its five title games from 2017-21 on Friday. AT&T Stadium was the leading candidate, considering half the conferences 10 schools are wit

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de