Schneeflocken

Mar DeRozan said after holding Utah to 41 per cent shooting in a 94-79 win over the Jazz Monday. "Were understanding that more a

in So funktioniert das Forum 24.06.2019 04:02
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

SALT LAKE CITY - Sporting a Seahawks cap during afternoon shootaround, coach Dwane Casey reinforced a sentiment hes preached over and over again since coming to Toronto. "Relentless defence wins in any sport," he said after watching the hard-hitting, opportunistic Seahawks stymie the Broncos and their high-octane offence. Casey didnt have to say much as he and his team watched Seattles dominant Super Bowl victory from their Salt Lake City hotel Sunday night. The message had already been engrained into the mindset of his players and stuck with them in Utah the following evening. "We cant control if our shots go in, we cant make every shot but we can control when we play hard on the defensive end," DeMar DeRozan said after holding Utah to 41 per cent shooting in a 94-79 win over the Jazz Monday. "Were understanding that more and more every game." Again, the Raptors got off to a slow start on the defensive end, something that plagued them in Portland Saturday as their comeback bid eventually fell short. The Jazz shot 50 per cent and scored 27 points, closing out the opening quarter with a three-point lead before Toronto tightened the screws in the second frame. Utah scored just 17 points in the second quarter, shooting 35 per cent from the field, 0-of-7 from three-point range and was held without a single assist. The Jazz didnt score more than 18 points in any quarter after the first. "Thats an issue with our team," Casey said before the game. "For whatever reason we turn up the intensity after halftime. I dont know if they like hearing me go ballistic at halftime." "Its one of our unfortunate traits, I would say, but again well take [the win]." The Raptors resiliency was tested again as Kyle Lowry - fresh off being named Eastern Conference Player of the Month - left for the locker room late in the third quarter to get treatment on a sore right knee. Lowry has been the teams most consistent contributor but seemed off his game, shooting 1-for-8 in 25 minutes before he was ruled out for the fourth quarter. The good news is the injury doesnt appear to be a serious one. Lowry has been battling soreness in the knee for about a week, playing through it and playing well, but on Monday he couldnt get it loose. "I couldnt help my team as much as I wanted to," said Lowry, who expects to play in Sacramento on Wednesday. "I trust my teammates would get the job done and thats what they did tonight." Torontos depth and team chemistry came through with Lowry on the sideline. Greivis Vasquez, who returned from a bout of the flu, stepped in at the point and scored 12 off the bench. Amir Johnson - playing on a sore right ankle - looked better, recording a double-double. Jonas Valanciunas had one of his better games in a tough matchup against Enes Kanter and John Salmons chipped in with 13 off the bench. As it has been when one Raptor struggles or gets hurt, the next man steps up. "Thats what it is, I think were playing for each other," Vasquez said. "I want Kyle to get healthy, I want the best for each and every one of us so thats important, man. When you have a team that has such a great atmosphere in the locker room, that care about each other, its going to be scary." Most importantly, it was the defensive effort that carried them to their sixth win over the last eight games. Casey preaches it every day and his troops have all bought in. Theyve seen how far it can take them. "The good thing about it is our players were talking about it last night watching the [Super Bowl]," said the Raptors coach. "Our guys were talking about how [the Seahawks] were hitting people and thats what Ive been preaching and am preaching, hit first." "Basketball-wise, its a little bit different but you can be aggressive for 48 minutes, take away options, take away passing lanes, bump cutters, box out [and] hit people coming for rebounds." Casey, an assistant with the Sonics for 11 years, resides in Seattle during the offseason and was invited to visit the Seahawks training camp a couple summers ago, where he - along with Blazers coach and good friend Terry Stotts - got the opportunity to watch Pete Carroll at work. The takeaway for Casey was to fully embrace and stay true to his philosophy as a head coach. "[Carroll is] a guy thats comfortable in his skin and Im at that point in my career too," he said. "In his first couple of tries he tried to do it the way the organization wanted to do it and he was trying to please everybody. I think you have to coach to your personality and to the personality of your team and thats what he conveyed to [Stotts] and I when we met with him" That philosophy - defence first, second and third - has been hammered home since day one and the results are beginning to reflect it. Entering Mondays games the Raptors ranked sixth in defensive efficiency, just behind the leagues heavy hitters (Indiana, Chicago, Golden State, Oklahoma City and San Antonio). On Monday they surrendered just 79 points, matching the second lowest total theyve given up all year. "I dont care who is playing, when you play the Utah Jazz, its a brand of basketball thats very difficult," Casey said. "Youre going to have to grind it out, youre going to have to earn every inch, every yard in this place and we did tonight." "The rest of the way, before the [All-Star] break, were going to have to grind it out mentally and physically," he continued. "Thats how its going to be because people are going to come out throwing haymakers at us and weve got to be physically and mentally prepared for it." On the season, theyre now 22-6 when holding teams under 100 points. Theyre 20-4 when opponents shoot below 45 per cent. Cheap Rangers Jerseys . It will mark the 22nd time the tournament has been held in this country and fourth in Atlanta Canada but will make its first appearance ever in played Nova Scotia. Cheap Rangers Jerseys Authentic . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapnewyorkrangersjerseys.com/ . In a pregame tribute commemorating his final contest at Coors Field on Wednesday night, Helton caught the ceremonial first pitch from his daughter with his wife, younger daughter and good friend Peyton Manning watching from the field. Cheap Adidas Rangers Jerseys . No surprise there. Kershaw, who also earned the title after throwing his first career no-hitter in June, had a 1. Wholesale Rangers Jerseys . But Josh Bailey scored the shootout winner to lead the Islanders to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens in a battle of the Eastern Conferences two worst teams.Really?! Yes… that Ive told him (Duncan) about, and he was surprised. I told him I had it since I was young, like 5 years old. And thats when he was like, a rookie in the NBA. But that was one of my first jerseys as well.br /> #242101 / gettyimages.com Were you a Raptors fan growing up? And if so, who was your favourite player on those teams? I was definitely a Raptors fan. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady when we had him, so it was cool when he came last year to play with the Spurs for the playoffs. That was cool getting to meet him and see his views on basketball and whatnot. Damon Stoudamire, of course, we had a lot of guys come through Toronto that I liked. But I would say Vince Carter was the most inspiring to me. #51960387 / gettyimages.com Is there a player you watched in the NBA and tried to mirror your game after? I try to take little pieces of things from everybody. I try to learn from (Steve) Nash, being such a great player and being one of my mentors. Being from Canada I get to work with him through the summers and try to take pieces of his game. Deron Williams I watched a lot when I was in college. You can always learn from everybody. Obviously, you cant model your game exactly like one person, youve gotta be yourself as well, but I try to take pieces from everybody. #2423603 / gettyimages.com If you could play one on one against one player, alive or dead, who would it be? Jerry West, hes the logo... I want to beat the logo! I would definitely want to play Jerry West. Hes the logo, man. Why isnt Jerry West being paid for the use of his image as the official #NBA logo?? http://t.co/cDL73l3okh pic.twitter.com/4tR4pmhJDS — TMZ (@TMZ) June 2, 2014You drove in and posterized Serge Ibaka during the playoffs, which a lot of Canadians took pride in seeing...Who is a player youd like to put on a poster more than anyone in the league? So, I cant say Serge? You could, you could... but you did it, you accomplished posterizing Serge. Well before it was Serge, but umm... maybe Anthony Davis, hes great at blocking shots as well. You gotta go for the best blockers. What does your pre-game playlist look like? I listen to reggae before the games just to relax because its smooth. Chronixx, obviously I listen to some Drake being from Toronto, yknow, some Jay-Z, Lil Wayne those guys, but mostly reggae is what I listen to. I hear youre a bit of a soccer fan, what country were you pulling for in the World Cup? Yea, I used to play actually, until Grade 10 and then I stopped... but umm, none (laughs). Canada wasnt in it, man. I wasnt pulling for anybody, but the matches I did watch were intense. I just like to see good matches. I also hear youre a big fan of movies, what is your favourite movie right now? I watch so many movies, but Ive got into the TV shows lately. Im still watching Revenge, Im watching Orange Is the New Black, and Im watching Scandal... I watch it all, man! Especially on the road when you have a little bit of time in the hotel room, I watch all those TV shows. So what did it feel like to win an NBA Championship for you? It was great. As a kid every kid who plays basketball dreams about that, and to have it actually happen, and so quickly into my career… its definitely a blessing. And I mean… I cant even explain. I cant even explain how grateful and how much it makes me happy, or how good it makes me feel. pic.twitter.com/yr9dRzU60l — Cory Joseph (@Cory_Joe) June 16, 2014How is playing with and learninng from NBA Legend caliber players like Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili? Its an honour being able to come into a team where they have those players and be able to learn from them everyday.dddddddddddd Its definitely an honour to just see what they do on a daily bases to be ready for the game, and how to be a complete professional in terms of off the court and on the court. I learn, I learn… not only on the court but off the court as well. I learn a lot everyday, man. And how do you like playing for Gregg Popovich? I love it. He is a great coach. He is very serious, but were all serious about getting better. He helps you, as long as youre putting your best effort out there, hes going to work with you to get better, and I love that about him. What is your favourite quote or advice that youve ever received from coach Pop? Well, from me being point guard, advice that hes given me in the past that I try to think of during the game or before I sub in is to not think that much. Thats what he tells me all the time. When I get out there, yknow, maybe I have a tendency to just think about the game too much, but sometime you just need a break. And thats what hes so good at, giving the guys breaks as well. And I think thats why you consistently see the Spurs in the postseason, because sometimes mentally and physically you just need a break from the game. When he just tells me not to think out there, to just be you, play yourself, be your game, because he knows I give my best effort, I think that helps me a lot. After winning a championship and learning from those players and coach – how will you take what youve learnt to help Team Canada improve? A lot. I will definitely take the whole atmosphere we have over at the Spurs organization and Ill try to imply that here with the guys on Team Canada. The focus that we had is the focus you need to be able to succeed at a high level. Ill definitely have to take that to Team Canada. Im the point guard so I gotta control, Ive gotta be the extension of the coach on the court. Ive gotta be able to hopefully drive this vehicle that we have into the right direction and keep on speeding down the highway. With Andrew Wiggins, Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis being drafted this year now... Oh for sure, we have a lot of talent that just got drafted. A lot of talent that hopefully can make rosters, a lot of talent overseas... Im excited and looking forward to this, man. #123462383 / gettyimages.com What advice do you have for young Canadian players who look up to you? Just believe… thats what its about. Its about believing and staying true to yourself, and that goes for when youre working on your game. Never get too high or too low, and dont let anybody try to say youre not good enough; you keep working, because thats what I did when I was younger. I never thought I was going to be here this quick. I just kept working; I believed that I could get there. So now when people say "oh youre from Canada, how did you make it? I thought that was a hockey country" thats what they always tell me. But with all these guys going pro now, hopefully we can get a balance here soon. I cant wait for all the Canadian basketball excitement; its going to be fun. Not only is it going to be fun for you as fans; its going to be a lot of fun as players. And now I have something over those other (Team Canada) players too, "youve got to listen to me, Im an NBA champion!" (laughs). Im just playing, but its going to be great. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 7 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de