Schneeflocken

would make another start on short rest and try to become th

in So funktioniert das Forum 17.06.2019 08:09
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Josh Tomlin looked forward to Halloween and dressing up with his daughters, 2-year-old Makenzie Jae and 1-year-old Myla Kate.I might be daddy piggy, he said.With Cleveland anticipating the citys first World Series championship since 1948 -- and its first title clincher at home since 1920 -- the Indians Game 6 starter was happy to be back home ahead of his outing against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.Chicago closed to 3-2 with Sundays win at Wrigley Field. The Cubs, who havent won it all since 1908, are trying to become the first team to overcome a 3-1 Series deficit since the 1985 Kansas City Royals and the first to do it by winning Games 6 and 7 on the road since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates.Rather than celebrate in the cramped visitors clubhouse at Wrigley, the Indians are in position to party in their own digs at Progressive Field -- where a makeshift shrine to Jobu, the Voodoo idol from the Cleveland clubhouse in the 1989 film Major League, was erected in a stall between the lockers of Mike Napoli and Jason Kipnis.Hes just chilling over there, doing his thing, Napoli said.Cleveland fans have missed out on being there for this years big events: First, the Cavaliers completed their NBA Finals comeback on the road, beating Golden State in Game 7 for the citys first major pro sports championship in 52 years. Then, the Indians clinched the AL Central crown at Detroit, won the Division Series in Boston and the AL Championship Series at Toronto.Itll be ideal. We have a better situation to do it now, Kipnis said. It would be nice to actually do one in front of the home crowds.The baseball season spills into an unusual month for the fifth time, with Rocktober parties replaced by two teams hoping for a November to remember.Jake Arrieta, who pitched no-hit ball into the sixth inning to win Game 2, starts on five days rest for the Cubs against Tomlin, who will have had three days off since throwing 58 pitches in his Game 3 no-decision.If the Cubs force Game 7, Kyle Hendricks would pitch on regular rest for Chicago against Corey Kluber, who would make another start on short rest and try to become the first pitcher to win three starts in one Series since Detroits Mickey Lolich in 1968.Chicago delayed its charter flight to Cleveland until Monday night. In the Wrigley Field clubhouse, a message said: Halloween costumes are encouraged on the plane.We wanted them to have the opportunity to be with their kids today during the Halloween moment, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. After that game last night, believe me, man, I was in no mood to get up and travel today. I think it actually is working out pretty well. Were going to get in at a really good hour, grab stuff to eat and go to bed.With the switch to the American League ballpark, the designated hitter is back: Carlos Santana for the Indians and Kyle Schwarber for the Cubs. Schwarber was out from April 7 until the Series opener after tearing knee ligaments. He has not been given medical clearance to play the field, so he was limited to one pinch-hitting appearance at home. He is 3 for 8 in the Series with a double, two walks and two RBI.When I managed in the American League, I always thought it was somewhat of a disadvantage going to the National League, subtracting one offensive player, and probably even more pronounced for different teams that have really profound, legitimate DHs, Maddon said. But for right now, at this moment in time, the fact that Kyle cannot play defense but can still play offense and run the bases, it does work out well for us.At Wrigley, Santana made two starts in left field, a position he had not played since 2012, and one at first base.It helps keeping the body warm, and I like being out there in the field, he said. Being a designated hitter is a bit more complicated. I try to gather advice on how to do it better. I always ask David Ortiz, and hes giving me good pointers, but theres still room to improve.Both teams were among the big leagues best at home this year. Chicago led with a 57-24 record, and Cleveland was tied for second with 53 victories in its own ballpark.When youre on the road, one, its kind of you against the world, which is OK, Indians manager Terry Francona said. But the biggest thing of all is when youre the home team, you hit last, so you get to use your bullpen differently, and thats a huge advantage. Clearance Nike Shoes China . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Nike Shoes From China .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. http://www.shoessalecheap.com/ . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. Wholesale Nike Shoes Free Shipping . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Wholesale Shoes China . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. CHAPECO, Brazil -- For the players on the humble Brazilian club from an out-of-the-way city known for its agribusiness plants, these were going to be the games of their lives.Chapecoense was having the best season in its 43-year history, heading to the first of two matches in the final of the Copa Sudamericana, the continents No. 2 club tournament. The once-downtrodden club and its itinerant players were enjoying the heights of soccer glory.It all ended suddenly late Monday night on a muddy Colombian hillside. Their chartered aircraft crashed south of Medellin, killing 71 of the 77 people aboard, including most of the team. Three players were among the survivors.The tragedy stunned the southern city of Chapeco and its 200,000 residents, and fans gathered in silence Tuesday to mourn outside the teams small green-and-white concrete stadium.The city is very quiet, businessman Cecilio Hans said. People will only believe once the bodies start to arrive.On social media, haunting last photos showed the smiling players boarding the flight to Colombia for the first of two matches against Atletico Nacional.In one photo, the team celebrated a last-minute save by goalkeeper Danilo only a week ago against Argentine club San Lorenzo. The save guaranteed Chapecoense a spot in the final -- and ultimately cost Danilo his life in the crash.Now I wish he would have conceded that goal, said 17-year-old fan Rubens Vieira.The club, known as Chape, was in the midst of a remarkable run. As recently as 2009, the club was playing in Brazils fourth division, but it won promotion to the top league in 2014 for the first time since the 1970s.Victories over San Lorenzo and Independente -- two of Argentinas fiercest squads -- as well as Colombian club Junior took the team to the Copa Sudamericana finals, the equivalent of the UEFA Europa League tournament.On Sunday, Chapecoense nearly defeated famed Sao Paulo club Palmeiras, which won 1-0 to claim its first Brazilian league title in decades. Chape had gained admirers for its stout play against Palmeiras, and everything was set for Wednesdays showdown in Colombia. The second match was to be a week later in Brazil.Hans remembered that about a decade ago, this club nearly disappeared. Then businessmen started to help.Few of the players had an international profile, and none had any appearances with Brazils glitzy national team or time with top European clubs. Most had played all over Brazil and Latin America. A few like Cleber Santana had reached Europe, playing with Atletico Madrid from 2007-10.Chape strikers Bruno Rangel and Kempes, both 34, were among the top scorers in the Brazilian league, with 10 and nine goals, respectively.The only players to survive were goalkeeper Jakson Follmann, defender H?lio Zampier, commonly known as Neto, and defender-midfielder Alan Ruschel.Part of Chapes recent rise was due to coach Caio Junior, who joined the club this year after guiding teams in the Middle East.dddddddddddd Born Luiz Carlos Saroli, he coached numerous Brazilian teams, including Palmeiras, Flamengo and Botafogo.He was among the dead. But his son, Matheus Saroli, survived, saying in a Facebook post that he missed the flight because I forgot my passport.An Argentine player on the club, Alejandro Martinuccio, also missed the flight because of an injury during a game, he told Argentinas La Red radio.I feel deep sadness. The only thing I can ask is prayers for the companions who were on the flight, he said.Psychologist Sonia Smaniotto said she came to the stadium in Chapeco at 7 a.m. to help counsel bereaved fans.This is horrible for the city, but it will be even worse for the families, she said. Each burial will be the burial of a hero because those families of footballers are built around their careers. These families were hoping to be on the top of the world. Now theyve lost the center of their lives.Also among the dead were 20 sports journalists, including Mario Sergio Pontes de Paiva, a former player who worked as a commentator for Fox Sports. He played briefly for Brazils national team in the early 1980s and had a long career as a midfielder and coach with many Brazilian clubs. He last coached Brazilian club Internacional in 2009 and Ceara in 2010.This is a very, very sad day for football, FIFA President Gianni Infantino said in a statement. At this difficult time our thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends.Brazilian President Michel Temer is declaring three days of official mourning, soccer great Pele called it a tragic loss, and Brazilian champion Palmeiras asked the countrys football confederation for permission to wear Chapecoenses jersey in its last match of the season.Around the world, the sport paused to remember the victims.Barcelona and Real Madrid have held a minute of silence before their practice sessions. Frances top two leagues said there would be a minutes silence at Tuesday nights games, and defending League One champion Paris Saint-Germain also tweeted a photo of its players and staff standing in silent tribute.Medellin-based Atletico Nacional said it was asking the South American soccer confederation to give the Copa Sudamericana title to Chape as a tribute to the players who died.In addition, some of Brazils top clubs said they want to give players to Chape on a free loan for the 2017 season. They also say the club should not be relegated to the second division for three years as it recovers from the disaster.The dream is not over. We will fight back when its time, said Chapes acting club president Gelson Della Costa.Now its time to take care of the families, he said.---Wade reported from Rio de Janeiro. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de