Schneeflocken

Andrews in Florida to get a second

in Neuvorstellungen 13.06.2019 02:53
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Matt Harvey will try to rehab his injured right elbow without reconstructive surgery, a move the young ace hopes is going to keep him on the mound for the New York Mets next season. Austin Bryant Jersey . Tommy John surgery remains a possibility. Harvey will soon begin a strengthening and throwing program designed to last as long as six to eight weeks. If he feels pain or other symptoms that hinder his pitching, he likely will need the operation -- which probably would sideline him for 2014. "Theres always a risk to having surgery. Theres obviously going to be a risk not to have surgery. Its not a 100 per cent procedure, although its definitely getting a lot better," Harvey said. "I believe if I can rehab, Id rather bet on myself doing the work to stay out of getting surgery than having the surgery." The decision was announced Tuesday night at Citi Field, one day after Harvey was examined by Dr. James Andrews in Florida to get a second opinion on his right elbow. The 24-year-old was diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament by Mets doctors on Aug. 26. Harvey said Andrews tested his elbow and told him he believed it was "very stable." "Ive never had pain in my actual elbow area where the UCL is," Harvey said. "And just for me it felt like, why jump into surgery in a situation where I never had the tingling, the numbness, the shooting pain in my elbow that are usually the symptoms of needing that surgery? For me, if a rehab process of strengthening is the way to go, in my mind thats what I wanted to do." At a long-awaited news conference just minutes before the Mets played the San Francisco Giants, general manager Sandy Alderson indicated theres no harm in trying the throwing program. He said even if Harvey rehabs for two months only to require Tommy John surgery anyway, the right-hander should be back for the 2015 season. "We may know nothing at the end of this period of time, or we may know something early in the process," Alderson said. Stunned by the news last month, Harvey said he would do everything he could to avoid surgery. He spoke with other pitchers who had similar injuries and didnt need the operation, including Philadelphia right-hander Roy Halladay. Harvey was so encouraged that a day after his diagnosis, he tweeted that he would be back on the mound next April. Still, the Mets maintained that no decision would be made for a few weeks, until the swelling subsided and Harvey was re-examined. In the meantime, he was shut down for the rest of the season. "The last three weeks have been pretty tough," Harvey said. "Obviously, I want to be on the field and I want to be pitching, and (being) kind of in that area of not knowing whats going on is tough. Its a tough process. But everything feels completely normal." Tommy John surgery has become a common procedure for pitchers, with a great many making successful comebacks after their damaged ligaments were replaced. The recovery and rehabilitation, however, usually takes at least a year. "Im still very optimistic," Harvey said. "But I know if there is a red flag during that (throwing program) that something needs to be done." Harvey started the All-Star game for the National League on his home field in July. He is 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA and 191 strikeouts in 178 1-3 innings. The seventh pick in the 2010 amateur draft, Harvey blossomed into one of baseballs most dominant pitchers this year -- his first full season in the majors. His 98 mph fastball and polished off-speed pitches gave hope to a foundering franchise that is finishing up its fifth straight losing season since moving into Citi Field. Harvey and Zack Wheeler were the first to arrive from a crop of touted young pitchers the Mets have pinned their future on. New York captain David Wright cited all the hard-throwing talent in the minors as one reason he signed a $138 million, eight-year contract last winter to stay with the team. With more than $40 million in player salaries coming off the payroll after this season, the Mets expect to be active in free agency. They have long fancied themselves a 2014 contender, but Harvey certainly is a lynchpin. "I think theres some ambiguity of course at this point, and maybe through the next couple of months. There may be ambiguity beyond that," Alderson said. "I dont think its going to affect our off-season planning as much as has been speculated. One thing we have is a great deal of starting pitching depth -- some of it untested at the minor league level. But we have a lot of confidence in the quality and quantity of our starting pitching. So hopefully Matt is part of that rotation next year, but if hes not, I dont foresee us working hard to fill his spot from outside the organization." Wheeler walked a career-high six Tuesday night in New Yorks 8-5 loss to the Giants. Sean Henn (0-1) gave up a tiebreaking homer in the seventh to ex-Met Angel Pagan. T.J. Hockenson Jersey .Y. - Peyton Manning made his fifth MVP award a family affair. Cheap Authentic Lions Jerseys .com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. http://www.cheapdetroitlionsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-will-harris-jersey . Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs.BALTIMORE -- It was a night when both teams lamented a potentially devastating loss. The satisfaction the Baltimore Orioles derived from beating the New York Yankees 11-3 Monday was dampened by the possibility that third baseman Manny Machado could be headed toward the disabled list with a sprained right knee. "Well just wait for the results," Machado said in front of his locker, where a pair of crutches stood. "Hopefully it is on the good side other than the bad." He will have an MRI on Tuesday morning determine the severity of the injury and whether a stint on the DL is necessary. "Theres a chance we may have dodged a bullet," manager Buck Showalter said. The Yankees had a far different problem to cope with. Their third straight defeat dropped them a season-high seven games behind the AL East-leading Orioles with 44 games remaining. "This is the team we have. Weve got to go win with the guys that we have," New York captain Derek Jeter said. "You cant sit around and be negative. We have to stay optimistic. Youve got to have a lot of faith in your teammates and then youre going to get the job done." With each loss to the Orioles, the deficit increases. There are two games left in the series that concludes Wednesday. "I really dont think it makes a difference who youre playing," Jeter said. "Weve got to find ways to win games. Its not like you can exhale when youre playing a team thats not in front of us." Machado, a 2013 All-Star third baseman, sprained his right knee in the second inning while hitting a broken-bat grounder to shortstop. He dropped on his back in the batters box and needed help getting off the field. He was replaced by Chris Davis, who came up in the fifth against Chris Capuano (1-3) with a man on and New York leading 3-2. With the count full, Davis hit a drive over the right-field scoreboard for his 21st home run. "Chris Davis was the big at-bat in the game," Capuano said. "Obviously Chris Davis is the guy you dont want to beat you. I wouldve liked to havee that pitch a little more down in the zone, probably expand it a bit, but I left it up and it caught too much of the plate. Wholesale Lions Jerseys. " Nelson Cruz connected with a man on in the seventh and Jonathan Schoop added a three-run shot in the eighth to turn the game into a rout. Cruz now has 31 homers, tied for the major league lead with rookie Jose Abreu of the White Sox. Bud Norris (10-7) gave up three runs and five hits in five innings, and the Orioles won despite committing three errors -- including two on one wacky play. With the score tied at 1 in the top of the second inning, Carlos Beltran walked and took third on a single by Chase Headley. With Martin Prado at the plate both runners broke. As Headley got caught in a rundown, Beltran strayed off third. He headed home after Machado got the ball, and the third basemans throw hit Beltran in the helmet. After Beltran crossed the plate, Headley came around to score after the ball bounced off the backstop. Beltran and Headley received credit for a double steal, and Machado and Norris received errors on the play -- Norris for dropping the ball in a desperate bid to tag the sliding Headley at the plate. New York got one hit after the second inning, a double by Jeter. TRAINERS ROOM Yankees: RHP Michael Pineda (shoulder) will come off the DL and start Wednesday. Also, RHP Masahiro Tanaka (right elbow) threw from 90 feet 50 times Monday. Manager Joe Girardi said the next step for Tanaka will be throwing 120 times. Orioles: SS J.J. Hardy missed a second straight game with a sprained left thumb. UP NEXT Yankees: Rookie RHP Shane Greene makes his second career start against Baltimore. On July 12, he blanked the Orioles on four hits over 7 1-3 innings. Orioles: LHP Wei-Yin Chen vies for his 13th win, a single-season career high. Hes 2-3 with a 5.76 ERA in eight starts against New York. GOING DEEP Yankees: For only the fourth time in 17 games, New York failed to his a home run. Orioles: Baltimore leads the majors with 150 home runs and is 34-10 when connecting more than once. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de