Schneeflocken

. The Brampton-raised point guard, like Wiggin

in So funktioniert das Forum 10.06.2019 05:23
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

TORONTO - By the time the Raptors make their selection in next months NBA draft, provided they stand pat at pick no. 20, three Canadian players should already be off the board. Thornhills Andrew Wiggins, a lock to go in the top three, will be the first of that group to hear his name called followed by possible lottery picks in guards Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis, all hailing from the Greater Toronto Area. Fittingly, Ennis initial stop on the pre-draft circuit came in his hometown, headlining the Raptors first workout session Thursday morning. The Brampton-raised point guard, like Wiggins and Stauskas, has been on their radar for a while. "Weve tracked him [for] a long time," admitted general manager Masai Ujiri. "This is one of those deals where we could go to Syracuse as many times as [we wanted], being close to [Toronto], drive up, so I was fortunate enough to go to a couple practices [and] a couple games." What he saw was a young man at the age of 19 who plays the game and carries himself with poise beyond his years, a common denominator among most of the countrys emerging prospects. "He plays very calm and thats the first thing I noticed," Ujiri said of Ennis, set to enter the NBA following his freshman season at Syracuse. "[Hes] very professional and carries himself the right way." "You see his demeanour and I think hell make a good professional." Ujiri has long been enamoured by the prospect of adding a Canadian-born product but remains steadfast in his belief that it would have to be the right player, in the right situation. Understandably, the Raptors GM will not draft a player simply for his passport, rather that player must be able to contribute at the highest level, address a need on the roster and possess the maturity required to strive in a high-pressure scenario. Ennis is a player who would appear to fit the bill. "I dont think anybody enters the draft just wanting to make a team and be happy there," said Ennis, arguably the best pure point guard in this years class. "Personally, I want to make an impact. I thought I was ready for the next level when I decided to enter the draft and if I were to end up on Toronto, I would definitely want to make an impact, especially in my home town." But will he be available to the Raptors at 20? "Id be surprised," Ujiri admitted. Unless the Raptors were to trade up in the draft - a possibility, however unlikely, that Ujiri wont completely rule out - they will likely miss out on that highly touted trio, but given the influx and depth of domestic talent that continues to come out of the country its only a matter of time until they call a Canadian to the podium. "I think anybody thats lucky enough to play in Toronto," Ennis said, "with the fan support that was shown in the playoffs and the great organization that the Raptors have, I think anybody that gets drafted here is lucky. "To have a Canadian would be great for the city, I think everybody would get behind them and I think it would just be a great opportunity." Of course, the Raptors also own a pair of second-round picks - 37 and 59 - where they could snag one of four other eligible Canadians. 7-foot-2 Calgary-native Jordan Bachynski, last seasons NCAA blocked shot leader, was among the participants in Thursdays workouts at the Air Canada Centre, while Quebecs Khem Birch and Torontos Melvin Ejim and Dwight Powell could audition for the Raptors when sessions resume next week. "To have so many Canadians in the draft is big for the country and for the most part, most of them are from the Greater Toronto Area, so I think its great for basketball in Canada and its great for us individually," Ennis added. "All of us have had very good years at our respective universities and wherever we end up I know everybody thats in the draft thats Canadian is hard working and good people off the court, so I think well all be able to find success." Sam Huff Jersey . The win puts the final playoff berth in Group A in question. If the Czechs beat Slovakia on Tuesday, they will go through. If they lose, Germany will get the last quarter-final berth. Redskins Jerseys China Cheap . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-doug-williams-jersey . Keenum will make his first appearance in a regular-season game against the rugged defence of the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fans just set a Guinness record as the noisiest outdoor stadium in the world. Russ Grimm Jersey . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. Cheap Redskins Jerseys China . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit.Davante Adams and Jermaine Kearse had their best games to help their teams reach the NFC championship game. Trent Richardson and Jonas Gray watched in street clothes while their teams advanced to the AFC title game.The NFL playoffs are a time for unsung heroes and busts.Often, the standout stars in big games arent the biggest names or players making the most money. Two prime examples in past conference championship games are cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. and linebacker A.J. Duhe.Manning intercepted Donovan McNabb three times in Carolinas 14-3 win over the Eagles in January 2004. Duhe picked three of Richard Todds passes and returned one for a touchdown in Miamis 14-0 over the New York Jets in January 1983.Last weekend, Adams, a rookie second-round pick, had a career-best seven catches for 117 yards and one touchdown in Green Bays 26-21 win over Dallas. Kearse, a third-year pro, had three catches for a career-best 129 yards and one TD in Seattles 31-17 win over Carolina.In the AFC, Gray was inactive for New England in a 35-31 over Baltimore. The little-known running back burst on the scene when he ran for 201 yards and a franchise-best four TDs in the Patriots 42-20 win at Indianapolis in Week 10. But Gray has rushed for just 80 yards since that effort.Richardson, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft by Cleveland, was a healthy scratch for Indianapolis in a 24-13 upset at Denver. Richardson had already been demoted to third-string and couldnt make the active roster on special teams.Here are potential unsung heroes for each team on Championship Sunday:PACKERS: Tight end Andrew Quarless had four catches for 31 yards and a touchdown last week against Dallas. With Adams, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb facing Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell, Quarless might end up being Aaron Rodgers go-to guy.SEAHAWKS: Rookie first-round pick Justin Britt has started every game at right tackle and facees another tough task this week.dddddddddddd Britt cant focus on just one player because the Packers move their linemen around, but he should see plenty of veteran end Julius Peppers. Britt hasnt allowed a sack in the past three games.COLTS: Free safety Sergio Brown had a rough time against Rob Gronkowski when the teams last met. Brown, who broke Gronkowskis arm in 2012, was tossed into a camera cart by the All-Pro tight end after a 26-yard, tackle-breaking touchdown catch. So Brown certainly has extra motivation going into this matchup.PATRIOTS: Backup tight end Michael Hoomanawanui caught two passes for 30 yards when the Patriots lined up in a unique formation that confused the Ravens. Since Gronkowski will get extra attention, Hoomanawanui has a chance to sneak in a few more big catches.Here are players who were busts this season for each team:PACKERS: Rookie defensive tackle Khyri Thornton, a third-round pick, spent the year on injured reserve after hurting his hamstring in a preseason game. While the Packers have received significant contributions from other draft picks, they got nothing from Thornton because of his injury.SEAHAWKS: Wide receiver Percy Harvin was traded to the New York Jets in October for a mid-round draft pick less than two years after the Seahawks gave up a first and third-round picks to get him and signed him to a lucrative contract.COLTS: The Colts traded a first-round pick for Richardson last year, but he lost his starting job to Dan Herron and was inactive last week in favour of a player the team had just signed.PATRIOTS: Gray led the Patriots in rushing this season, though 201 of his 412 yards came in one game. Gray was sent home from practice for reporting late the Friday after his breakout game and hasnt played much since that performance.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org___Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP_RobMaaddi Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de