Schneeflocken

he team last March after the Lightning struggled i

in Eure Homepages 05.06.2019 06:46
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

Was it really as long as 12 years ago when a slim, slightly-built Portuguese man arrived in west London amid a blaze of hype and fanfare? This was no ordinary manager, however, and on that day - Wednesday, June 2, 2004 - he was about to tell the assembled expectant media as such with a claim which would not only go down in the annals of football history, but could have equally come back to bite him on the behind.Chelsea had been in the Premier League shadows of London rivals Arsenal, who in 2003/4 had just delivered an incredible unbeaten season and a third Premier League title under Arsene Wenger with their Invincibles side. Neutrals may have pointed to that theme continuing, but furnished with the riches of owner Roman Abramovich, the newly-appointed Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho knew different. Please dont call me arrogant, but Im European champion and I think Im a special one. Jose Mourinho Please dont call me arrogant, but Im European champion and I think Im a special one, said Mourinho, before adding: We have top players and, sorry if Im arrogant, we have a top manager. Mourinho took over from Claudio Ranieri, who had been at Stamford Bridge for four years. At the time, the well-liked Italian professed that his replacement would struggle to make the transition from the Portuguese League to the Premier League. Mourinhos reply was typical of the man.I heard that and I suggest if one of you is Mr Ranieris friend or has his number, you should call him and explain to him that for a team to win the European Cup, it has to beat many teams from many countries. I did not win the cup playing against 20 Portuguese teams. Heres a look at some of Mourinhos funniest moments in the Premier League I played and beat a team from his own country, Italy, from your country and the one he was working in, England. And to win the UEFA Cup, that was the same kind of thing.It was all breathtaking stuff, pure box office, and would continue to be so for both his spells in charge at Stamford Bridge - from 2004 to 2007, and from 2013 to 2015. Mourinho went on to back up his claims by guiding Chelsea to three Premier League titles, the FA Cup in the 2006/07 season and three League Cup wins.Humility is perhaps something one doesnt often attribute to Mourinho, but when asked about his initial Premier League ambitions 12 years ago as he began his career at Chelsea, he replied: The biggest ambition I have is to win the first Premiership match on August 14. When pushed to expand on that theme, he added: The second ambition is to win the second Premiership match on August 21 and we will keep going like this.With earlier Champions League successes at Porto and then later at Inter, it was that prospect of winning pedigree in the hotseat which saw Manchester United decide to ditch Louis van Gaal two years into his three-year contract. Mourinho has replaced Louis van Gaal in the Manchester United dugout Despite seeing their side see off Crystal Palace to win the FA Cup, United vice-chairman Ed Woodward and the Red Devils fans were in the main forced to witness dire football under Van Gaal. All parties at United are now eager to see the Special One bring his special charms to Old Trafford.Combining his two spells in England, Mourinho has won 140 of 212 Premier League games, a win percentage of 66%, the highest in Premier League history and a stat which United hope will continue.Loved and loathed in equal measure, his record of a total of 22 trophies shows Mourinho is nevertheless a serial winner. Heres a look at what Mourinho has had to say about Manchester United in the past So the sacking by Chelsea last December was a particularly bitter pill for Mourinho to have swallowed. When Mourinho was sacked last December, he left Chelsea just one point above the relegation zone, having lost nine of their first 16 Premier League games.Despite all the silverware, Jamie Carragher would reason on Sky Sports following the Blues 2015 Champions League last-16 exit to Paris Saint-Germain at Stamford Bridge that Mourinhos teams will be respected for the titles they win, but theyll never be loved.Following Chelseas 2-1 Premier League loss at Leicester last December, Mourinho was clearly not happy, as Eden Hazard indicated his hip injury would not allow him to continue. The former Chelsea player of the season, Hazard was a shadow of himself in his second season under Mourinho, and only rediscovered his form once the latter had departed. Mourinho on the touchline at Leicesters King Power Stadium in the final game of his second spell in charge of Chelsea in December 2015 Results improved markedly under caretaker coach Guus Hiddink as Chelsea steered well clear of the drop zone, using the same players as under Mourinho, thus pointing to a loss of team spirit.Speaking on June 2, 2004, Mourinho stressed the importance of spirit, which was evident when Chelsea were lifting silverware, but noticeably absent in his final days as Chelsea manager.Im a great defender of team spirit and team work and the first thing I have to promise to my new players is that I will look at them all with the same eyes, he said.I dont want special relations with one of them. I hate to speak about individuals. Players dont win you trophies - teams win trophies, squads win trophies.I cannot say I love this player, but generally I love the players who love to win. Not only the ones that love to win in 90 minutes but love to win every day, in every training session and in all of their lives. Former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon believes Mourinho is the perfect replacement for Louis van Gaal The United players will be aware that Mourinho has shown he only selects players who demonstrate a continuous work ethic, both with and without the ball.His willingness to castigate and then discard Joe Cole for a perceived unwillingness to track back and defend was echoed when Mourinho sold Blues favourite Juan Mata for £37.1m to United. The two are therefore likely to have only a brief working relationship when Mourinho and Mata are reunited at Old Trafford.It may have previously been unthinkable to even imagine Mourinho at United, but following Fergusons retirement in 2013 and the short but unpopular 10-month stint of David Moyes in 2013/14, followed by the dull, dour Van Gaal style, Mourinho will be perceived as a breath of fresh air, and that is what United are desperate for.There will be no Champions League football for Mourinho, not next season anyway, but he will be given a massive war chest to get new players. Heavily linked in the British press with a move for Chelseas Willian and reportedly desperate to finally land Evertons John Stones, they may be the first of many new arrivals at Old Trafford. Mourinho is reportedly keen on bringing Chelsea forward Willian with him to Old Trafford However, a reluctance to blood youngsters has dogged Mourinho, and at Chelsea, only 20-year-old Ruben Loftus-Cheek emerged from the Blues academy - and even he was only used sparingly.Despite his perceived failings at United, Van Gaal gave young players a chance and we witnessed the explosive start of 18-year-old Marcus Rashford, with 19-year-old Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, 18-year-old Tomothy Fosu-Mensah, 21-year-old Patrick McNair and 23-year-old Jesse Lingard forming a very able supporting cast. United fans will want to see their careers continue to develop at Old Trafford, and for them not to be loaned out elsewhere.The United job is one that Mourinho has long coveted, and the 20-times English champions were keen to get their main. The Special One will now look to prove that 12 years on from his dramatic Premier League arrival, and six months after his sacking by Chelsea, he has lost none of his winning allure. Also See: Mourinho and Man Utd timeline Joses biggest job? Mourinho in numbers Mourinho and Man Utd in quotes Discount Custom Jerseys . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Cheap Custom College Jerseys . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. http://www.collegejerseyscustom.com/ . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Custom Duke Blue Devils Jerseys Cheap .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Wholesale Custom College Jerseys .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Nate Kratch and Matt Hauser scored 18 points apiece as Santa Clara broke away in the second half to defeat UC Riverside 77-53 on Tuesday night.The 18 points were a career high for Hauser, a sophomore who added 10 assists for his third double-double of the season. Kai Healy had 10 points with 10 rebounds off the bench for his first double-double. Santa Clara (5-6) got a season-high 25 points off the bench.Secean Johnson led UC Riverside with 10 points and left the ggame with cramps.dddddddddddd The Highlanders (1-5) were playing their first game since Nov. 30 after a long break for final exams. UC Riverside is 0-5 on the road.Santa Claras Jared Brownridge, with seven points, had a streak of 32 games scoring in double figures end.The Broncos led 37-32 just after halftime, but broke away with a 14-2 run over the next 6:35. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de