Schneeflocken

one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday t

in So funktioniert das Forum 28.05.2019 11:15
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Rookie quarterback Cody Kessler will be the Browns starter this week and the foreseeable future.How long that is could be up to him.Kessler, who returned to practice a few days ago after being sidelined since Oct. 23 with a concussion, will start Sunday as the winless Browns (0-8) host the Dallas Cowboys. Kessler has shown steady progress and Browns coach Hue Jackson wants to find out if he can be Clevelands long-term QB.That is why he is playing, Jackson said Friday. Because I need to know.Jackson is going back to Kessler after starting Josh McCown last week in a loss to the New York Jets. McCown had a solid game, but at 37, hes not going to help the Browns beyond the next few weeks and Jackson must get a longer look at Kessler.The Browns have two first-round picks in next years draft, and the way theyre headed they may have No. 1 overall. But before they reach the offseason, they have to figure out if Kessler can be the answer to their nearly two-decades-long search for a franchise quarterback.I dont want to just say if he does great that doesnt mean that were not going to draft a quarterback because I think youve got to always have quarterbacks, Jackson said. Youve got to keep taking shots until you have the guy that you feel is going to do what you need done. But you need to know whats on your team, and the more Im around guys, the more that I see them in different situations and play under duress and stress and pressure, the more Im going to know about them.So this is an opportunity for Cody to demonstrate that. But more so than that, its an opportunity for him to go out with his teammates and help them get a win.Kessler, who has made five starts, suffered a concussion late in the first half two weeks ago at Cincinnati. He was cleared through the NFLs head injury protocol earlier this week and practiced for the first time on Wednesday. Hes eager to start again but isnt looking beyond the Cowboys.Whatever happens moving forward, I just prepare the same way and approach it as an opportunity because you never know how many you are going to get, he said. My process and my preparation has been that and to prepare as the starter every week. To get another chance, another opportunity this weekend is exciting for me, and I am just going to continue to take it the same way and treat it the same way.Kessler will match up on Sunday against Dallas rookie Dak Prescott. The two young QBs have been friends for a few years after attending quarterbacks camps together. While Prescott is enjoying success and on a team leading its division, Kessler is stuck with the Browns, who are rebuilding and face a long road ahead to contention.Still, Kessler said he wouldnt trade places.I love it here, he said. There is nowhere else I would rather be. I love that, the underdog mentality. ... As a competitor that is what you want. You want a challenge. You want something that is not given to you, but you have to work for. This team has been through a lot, and it is awesome to be a part of it. This front office and the coaching staff and the players and guys in this locker room have been great to me and the other rookies.Kessler, who has completed 89 of 133 passes for 947 yards and four touchdowns, will have a new target this week as rookie Corey Coleman will return after missing six games with a broken hand.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Swell Bottle . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Liberty London sWell Bottle .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. http://www.swellbottleuk.com/ . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. S Well Teakwood Drinking Bottle . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Swell Wood Bottle .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head.SEATTLE -- Jake Peavy will miss at least the next four to six weeks after an MRI on Wednesday revealed the Chicago White Sox starter has a non-displaced rib fracture on the left side of his chest. The White Sox announced the diagnosis following an exam in Seattle. The only treatment is rest and Peavy will be shut down for that entire stretch. "Its just unfortunate that something crazy like comes about," Peavy said after Chicago beat Seattle 7-5 in 16 innings. Peavy left Tuesday nights start against Seattle after 2 1-3 innings and giving up six earned runs. Peavy felt something wrong in his ribs when he was playing catch a day before his start. Still, he thougght he could pitch through the discomfort.dddddddddddd After the game, Peavy said it was difficult to even take a deep breath. He had X-rays at the stadium that were inconclusive, leading to the MRI exam. "The hardest thing is theres nothing to do to help a bone heal quicker. You dont cast it so you feel normal, but yet you cant even ride a bike because youre breathing. Theres not a whole lot of options," Peavy said. Peavy is 6-4 with a 4.30 ERA in 11 starts this season for the White Sox. After winning five of his first six decisions, Peavys given up six earned runs in each of his last two starts and likely wont see the mound again until July. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de