Schneeflocken

tackle DaRon Payne completely disrupted one first-half

in So funktioniert das Forum 28.05.2019 11:15
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony made the most of a second chance in the clutch.Anthony scored a season-high 35 points, including the tiebreaking jumper with 3.1 seconds left in overtime, and the New York Knicks beat the Charlotte Hornets 113-111 on Friday night.Honestly, I wanted that shot, Anthony said. I wanted that moment to be honest with you. I felt like I had an ample opportunity to close it in regulation.Derrick Rose added 16 points and blocked Kemba Walkers 3-pointer that would have won it just before the buzzer.I rushed it, Walker said. I could have gotten a better shot I think. I should have taken my time more. They made a great defensive play.Kristaps Porzingis also scored 16 points in the Knicks sixth straight home victory.Former Hornets guard Courtney Lee finished with 12 points in the opener of a home-and-home series.Marco Belinelli scored 19 points, Nicolas Batum had 18 and Walker added 17 for the Hornets, who have lost four straight games.Porzingis 3-pointer from the corner gave New York a 111-109 lead before Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tied it on a backdoor layup. Anthony then made a fadeaway jumper after previously missing a potential game-winning elbow jumper in regulation.When I missed that one, I had a good look at it, Anthony said. I felt like I could get that same look again off of a different move rather than facing up, put the defender on my back and make him make a decision after that.Charlotte took its largest lead of the game at 70-57 in the third quarter. New York responded with a 22-4 run to take a 79-74 lead heading into the fourth. Anthony had 11 points in the third quarter.Anthony scored 16 points in the first quarter on 6-for-8 shooting from the field.TIP-INSHornets: Coach Steve Clifford made the case for Walker to become an All-Star this season. I thought he couldve been an All-Star last year, Clifford said. I think if our record were better at the All-Star break, I would think he wouldve been the next guy that didnt make it. He had a terrific year last year and hes playing even better this year. If youre around him every day, he plays well because of the right things. He deserves it. ... Walker passed Alonzo Mourning for third place on Charlottes career free throws made list. ... Marvin Williams sustained a hyperextended left knee in the third quarter and didnt return.Knicks: Coach Jeff Hornacek attributed Porzingis rising shooting percentage to natural growth and playing within the system: I like what KP is doing. Hes not trying to force a lot of things. Hes playing within the game, Hornacek said. When hes rolling then theres a time when he may take one that they call `heat checks or ill-advised shots, but a lot of times hes making those. Hes really growing in his game and hes finding out where he can get his opportunities. ... Lance Thomas (sore left ankle) and Marshall Plumlee were inactive.LOSING LEEClifford, on Lees departure as a free agent: Our problem was, frankly, we had six free agents and they all played well. When we sat down by the time, which was the first day we signed Nicolas (Batum), the second day we signed Marvin (Williams), there was no way we were going to have enough money for those guys. We had really enough for two and Al (Jefferson), Jeremy (Lin) and Courtney all made a lot more money. We couldnt have gotten any of those guys. He played great for us. If you look at our record after we picked him up, hes a terrific player. Hes the ultimate dependable, pro, intelligent player.UP NEXTHornets: Host New York on Saturday.Knicks: Visit Charlotte on Saturday. Liberty Swell Bottle Uk . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Swell Bottle Sale . PAUL, Minn. http://www.swellbottleuk.com/ . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Wholesale Swell Bottles . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Swell Traveler Sale . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- If Ryan Anderson and Alabamas defense treat opposing offensive players hatefully, its not personal.Its just business.Its what defenders do, said Anderson, a Crimson Tide linebacker. Mostly, were all hateful guys. We hate everybody on the other team. Everybody thats lined up across from us, we hate you; were trying to kill you.No. 1 Alabama certainly played with that sort of ferocity last Saturday in shutting out LSU and smothering star tailback Leonard Fournette -- again. Afterward, when coach Nick Saban said the Tide has some pretty hateful guys on defense, he meant it as a compliment.Tide defenders certainly didnt take offense to their coachs comments.Alabama leads the nations in rushing defense and sacks per game and is second in total yards allowed and scoring defense going into Saturdays game against Mississippi State.And hatin with a vengeance. Anderson might have stated it more strongly than Saban would prefer, but the coach doesnt want his defensive guys playing nice so long as they play by the rules.We want a guy thats going to go hit a guy that weighs 250 pounds running downhill as hard as he can hit him, the coach said.Saban tells the story of his time with the NFLs Cleveland Browns when the franchise brought in a guy to administer a psychological test to draft prospects. Chances are he didnt interpret the results quite the same way as, say, an accounting firm.I looked at the guy and said, `What are we hiring these guys to do? We want them to be aggressive, we want them to be competitive, not in the real world but at least on the football field, Saban said. These characteristics are important in defensive players. Were evaluating these guys as to what theyre like on Sundays, which may not be the same.For instance, off the field it wouldnt have been socially acceptable when ddefensive tackle DaRon Payne completely disrupted one first-half play after sending LSU guard Josh Boutte tumbling onto his backside.dddddddddddd On the field, it was Alabama being Alabama.The Tide held LSU to 125 yards and six first downs in a 10-0 victory, earning the entire defense Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week honors. Its only the second time that award has gone to a defense collectively.The dominating performance came after star safety Eddie Jackson was lost for the season with a broken leg. A defense that also lost four second-round draft picks to the NFL after last season just keeps on trucking.The defenses mental makeup was apparent in a game that was scoreless at halftime. LSU went nowhere on three drives starting near or across midfield, including the Tigers first possession. They took over at Alabamas 33-yard line and gained 1 yard before missing a field goal.The Tide yielded only 35 yards to Fournette on 17 rushes, four more than he gained in last seasons meeting. Anderson was named the SEC defensive player of the week.Alabama, meanwhile, is giving up 66 yards a game on the ground.People play within the defense. Weve all got one goal, said Anderson, who leads the team in tackles for loss. I feel like this teams goals are more team-oriented. Guys arent talking about wanting 100 tackles, 60 tackles. Guys just want to stop the run, stop the pass, stop everybody we play.And if that effort is fueled by a healthy dose of hate, thats OK with Alabama.Our front seven is very hateful, especially the D-linemen, cornerback Marlon Humphrey said. They just play mad, to me.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de