Schneeflocken

said.

in So funktioniert das Forum 23.05.2019 05:14
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

LONDON -- Still only 19, Laura Robson is busy accumulating a list of accomplishments that include the words "first British woman since." At last years U.S. Open, she became the first British woman since 1991 to reach the fourth round there. Thanks to a 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 comeback victory Saturday over Marina Erakovic of New Zealand, a match that included a crucial overturned call, Robson is now the first British woman since 1998 to make it that far at Wimbledon. And shes also assured of becoming the first British woman since 1987 -- more than a quarter-century ago -- to climb into the top 30 in the WTA rankings. Robson, a lefty with a fairly big serve who beat Kim Clijsters in the final match of the four-time major champions career, is nonplussed by it all. "I didnt even know about it until you (told) me," Robson said when asked about the significance of some of her milestones. "I just focus on, you know, playing my match, things like that. Things that actually matter." And she noted: "I dont go into the match thinking, If I win this, Im going to be top-30." Needless to say, the attention paid to her by the locals is increasing: Photos of Robson were all over the front pages of Saturdays newspapers, and she was thrilled with the vocal support she heard on Court 2 against Erakovic. The spectators got so loud that their roars could be heard across the grounds at Centre Court. "I dont think they had much to support in the first set," Robson joked, "but they were amazing. I thought they helped a lot." That sort of focus and backing only will increase in a place desperate for tennis success; the last British woman to win Wimbledon was Virginia Wade in 1977. Thats nothing, of course, compared to the wait since 1936 for a male champion at the All England Club, but its enough to get everyone around here rather excited about Robson. "Its good to do well, especially at Wimbledon," said Robson, currently ranked 38th. "But Im going to be playing for, like, another 10 years, so its all bonuses for now." Playing for a second day in a row, Robson did not start well. Not at all. "I was getting my butt kicked, basically," Robson said. "I was really struggling to return her serve. She was playing really well. So I just thought: Just going to try as best as I can, work as hard as possible and just stick with it until she starts to get nervous -- which is what happened." Indeed, the 71st-ranked Erakovic, who was trying to become the first woman from New Zealand to get to Wimbledons fourth round since 1959, was up a set and a break and served for the match at 5-4 in the second. But she set up a break point with one of her eight double-faults, and Robson pulled even at 5-all. "I think anyone would be tightening up serving for the match in that situation. And (I) knew that she hadnt made the fourth round of a Slam. That was what I was told," said Robson, who eliminated 10th-seeded Maria Kirilenko in her opening match. "So I kind of just tried to put the pressure on her serve, and she made a couple of double-faults, which helped me. But I knew that that was my chance to get in her head a little bit, and thats what I did." After holding to go up 6-5, Robson got a set point when Erakovic double-faulted to make it 30-40. Then came a key moment. Robson barely got a return back that looped high and just caught the edge of a line, but was called out before Erakovic finished hitting what would have been a winner. Robson successfully challenged the "out" ruling, the point was replayed, and Erakovic double-faulted yet again to cede the set. From there, Robson took complete control, building a 4-0 lead in the third set. After Wimbledons traditional day of rest on the middle Sunday, Robson moves on to Week 2 at Wimbledon. On Monday, she will face 46th-ranked Kaia Kanepi of Estonia, a four-time major quarterfinalist who beat 126th-ranked wild-card entry Alison Riske of the United States 6-2, 6-3. "Its now my second time in the second week of a Slam, so thats pretty cool. Except at the U.S. Open, I played on the Sunday, so it didnt quite feel like a second week," Robson said, "and my brother said it didnt count." Well, as far as all of a certain country is concerned, this one most certainly will count. And if Robson wins again, she will be the first British woman since Jo Durie in 1984 to reach the quarterfinals at Wimbledon -- or any Grand Slam tournament. Serge Ibaka Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey . Left-handed reliever Boone Logan agreed to a $16.5 million, three-year contract on Friday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-Kyle-Lowry-Raptors-Jersey/ . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment. DeMar DeRozan Jersey . The NFL announced Friday that the Texans sixth-year veteran offensive lineman will replace Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jason Peters in the Jan. Delon Wright Jersey . Noah finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists in 34 minutes. He was headed for his fourth triple-double of the season, but sat down with about three minutes left because of the lopsided score. Kirk Hinrich scored 19 points for Chicago, going 5 for 6 on 3-pointers, Carlos Boozer added 18 points, D.CALGARY -- Mikael Backlund scored twice, including the winner, as the Calgary Flames edged the Minnesota Wild 4-3 in overtime on Saturday. Backlund took the puck to the net and sent a pass to Sean Monahan, whos shot was stopped by Wild netminder Darcy Kuemper. The puck, however, bounced into the air and Backlund batted it down and past Kuemper at 2:25 of extra time. Its Calgarys fifth straight victory and also completes a perfect 5-0-0 homestand. The last time the Flames swept a homestand of that length was in 1997 - Jarome Iginlas rookie season. TJ Galiardi, with his first goal in 38 games, and Dennis Wideman also scored for Calgary (21-27-7), which last won five games in a row in March 2012. Mark Giordano had two assists to extend his career-high point streak to nine games, which includes four goals and six assists. Matt Cooke, Dany Heatley and Keith Ballard scored for Minnesota (29-21-7). Trailing 3-1 halfway through the third period, the Wild drew to within one on Dany Heatleys power-play goal at 10:31. Ballard then silenced the Scotiabank Saddledome sell-out crowd of 19,289 with the tying goal at 15:55. On a Minnesota rush, Ballard got caught up with Wideman as he drove the net. With Wideman tangled up with goaltender Reto Berra, Ballard backed away just in time to one-time a centring pass from Kyle Brodziak into the top corner. It was back on Oct. 4 in the Flames second game of the season in Columbus when Galiardi, acquired in an off-season trade with San Jose, scored his first goal as a Flame. Little did the Calgary native know at the time it would take nearly four months for him to score again. However, he did make it a beauty when he finally ended the drought at 12:36 of the first period to give the Flames a 1-0 lead. After getting a pass from Kevin Westgarth, Galiardi spun and quickly sent a backhand into the top corner. Immediately, the 25-year-old loooked skywards in a show of both relief and shock that he finally scored.dddddddddddd That lead would hold up until 14:03 of the second period when Cooke tied it for the Wild while shorthanded. Cooke burst down the left wing and from just inside the top of the face-off circle blasted a slapshot over the shoulder of Berra. Berra did not start the game for the Flames. He entered with 2:28 left in the first period when Karri Ramo left with a lower-body injury. The Flames regained the lead with 1:36 left in the second on a nifty deflection from Wideman. Shortly after failing to score on a power play, Chris Butler fired a shot from the blue-line that Wideman redirected thigh-high from the high slot and past Kuemper. Calgary surged in front 3-1 one minute into the third period when Backlund finished off a three-on-one for the Flames. The shorthanded goal was the third of the season for Backlund, moving him into a tie for second in the NHL behind Bostons Brad Marchand. While most of the season has seen Calgary equally divide up the starts between Ramo and Berra, Ramo (11-10-4) had been the better of the two in recent weeks and had been getting the majority of the playing time with Saturday being his sixth start in the last seven contests. Berra had 14 saves to improve to 7-14-2. He has yet to win in regulation, with four shootout victories and Saturday being his third overtime win. Kuemper made his 10th straight start in net for the Wild. He had 28 saves to fall to 6-4-1. Notes: The Flames final three games before the Olympic break will be on the road beginning in Montreal on Tuesday... Minnesota plays twice at home before its break begins... The Flames have eight shorthanded goals, which is second in the NHL behind Carolina (9)... Flames D Kris Russell (upper body) did not play. Taking his spot was Chris Breen, who played for the first time since being recalled from Abbotsford (AHL) on Jan. 26. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '2 games behind the Philadelphia 76ers for the final playoff spot in the East, and the eighth-worst record in the NBA. The team neither rose, nor fell in the lottery, receiving the eighth-overall pick in the 2012 draft where they selected Terrence Ross out of the University of Washington. The 2007 NBA Executive of the Year (with the Phoenix Suns) was speaking on a proposal currently in front of the NBA Board of Governors which would see the draft lottery and any incentive to bottom out eliminated. Colangelo was relieved of his general manager position last May in favour of Masai Ujiri and eventually resigned his post as Raptors president the following month. Kerryon Johnson Lions Jersey . Marc-Andre Fleury made 27 saves to backstop the Penguins to a 2-1 victory over the Flames, handing Calgary its team record sixth consecutive home regulation loss. Sylvester Williams Lions Jersey . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Youth-Tracy-Walker-Elite-Jersey/ . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Christian Jones Lions Jersey . -- Terry Francona likened the atmosphere at Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday to a playoff game in October. Frank Ragnow Jersey .J. - Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could beneficial for players.CHICAGO -- The owners of the Chicago Cubs say theyre moving forward with plans to renovate and expand Wrigley Field, despite the threat of lawsuits by the owners of the adjacent rooftop venues overlooking the 100-year-old ballpark. Chairman Tom Ricketts, whose family owns the team on Chicagos North Side, said in a statement released Thursday that the Cubs will submit a revised expansion plan to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks that includes the teams original proposal to add several outfield signs and additional bleacher seats. "Unfortunately, it seems like my familys plans for Wrigley Field have gotten lost in the dispute with the rooftops," he said. "As a result, despite having new city ordinances to allow for expansion and renovation at Wrigley Field, we are back to square one with the rooftop businesses." Ricketts said the teams negotiations with the owners of the adjacent rooftop venues are "back to square one" and that its time to move forward. A lawyer representing the rooftop owners said they would fight the move. "It appears their zeal to block rooftop owners who pay them millions of dollars a year in royalties knows no bounds," lawyer Ryan McLaughlin said in a statement. "Unfortunately, this decision by the Ricketts family will now result in this matter being resolved in a court of law." The City Council approved the Cubs $500 million renovation plan last summer, but it has been stalled by opposition from the owners of the 15 rooftop venues. They have a contract with Cubs that runs through 2023 requiring them to pay the team 17 per cent of their gross annual revenue. The rooftop ownerrs fear the signs and additional seating will block their views of the field.dddddddddddd The two sides appeared to be close to a deal before the Cubs annual fan convention last month when Ricketts made some remarks that the neighbours considered disparaging. Ricketts revised expansion plan requires Landmark Commission approval for additional seating, new lighting, four additional LED signs of up to 650 square feet, and a 2,400-square-foot video board in right field. Other changes sought by the Cubs that dont require commission approval include: design modification to the player facilities, including expanding the Cubs clubhouse; expansion of the visitors clubhouse; movement of the bullpen to an area under the bleachers; and a reduction in the size of a left field video board already approved by the city. "I know this plan is in the best interest of our fans and our players," Ricketts said in a video posted on the teams website. "We hope to avoid heading to the courthouse. But the most important thing is we want to exercise our right to expand and preserve the ballpark we own and love." The Cubs have invested in facilities and their farm system, and the team this year opened a new facility funded by taxpayers in Mesa, Arizona. Ricketts has acknowledged some difficulties stemming from the $845 million purchase of the team from Tribune Co. that left the Ricketts family with a debt load. But he pointed out Thursday that the team hasnt sought city or state economic development money he says is routinely obtained for projects such as this. "We want to exercise our right to improve Wrigley Field," he said. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de