Schneeflocken

Only Two Games Were Finished Thanks to Rain and

in So funktioniert das Forum 21.05.2019 09:02
von liny195 | 60 Beiträge

the PCL Travel Rules"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodDiamondbacks Farm SystemMinor League Recap 4/15/19New http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-marcell-ozuna-jersey ,3commentsOnly Two Games Were Finished Thanks to Rain and the PCL Travel RulesEDTShareTweetShareShareMinor League Recap 4/15/19Due to inclement weather, Visalia’s game will be played as part of a double header on the April 16th. Due to the Pacific Coast League travel rules curfew, Reno’s game was suspended in the 11th inning, tied 5-5, and will resume July 15th as part of another double header. Diamondbacks affiliates lost both of the two games that finished, with Kane County losing in extra innings to Burlington, and Jackson losing to Tennessee. As this is an abbreviated recap with just two losses, there’ll be no snake stars. Jackson Generals 2 Tennessee Smokies 6Riley Smith went five and a third innings, allowing two runs in the first, and a run in the sixth. Smith gave up a two run homer in the first, but settled into a groove in the sixth, when he exited the game with two on and one out for Lucas Luetge. Luetge would allow one of the inherited base runners to score, but would end the inning and come back out and pitch a scoreless seventh.Damien Magnifico would relieve Luetge for the eighth inning, and would allow three runs on two hits and two walks. The Generals would be shutout until the fifth inning, when Jazz Chisholm would double to lead off the inning. After a strikeout by Marcus Wilson, Dominic Miroglio would then ground out, moving Chisholm to third. Galli Cribbs would then draw a walk, and then while RIley Smith was up to bat http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-marcell-ozuna-jersey , Chisholm would steal home. The Generals would tie it up thanks to a triple by Jamie Westbrook, followed by an RBi single from Ramon Hernandez to tie the game up at 2-2. Unfortunately the Generals coughed up a run in the bottom of the inning, and three more runs in the eight to put a win out of reach. Burlington Bees 3 Kane County Cougars 2 F/11Jackson Goddard went four and a third innings, and gave up a run on a hit and three walks, while striking out five. Goddard was actually quite solid outside of the second inning, when he gave up the one run. Andy Toelkin went three and two thirds innings, and was excellent, allowing just a hit, while striking out four. Chester Pimentel would cough up a run in the ninth inning, tying the game at 2-2, but would come back out and pitch a scoreless tenth inning. Blake Workman would relieve Pimentel for the top of the 11th and allow the winning run for the Bees to cross the plate.Kane County got off to a good start to the game, with Tra Holmes leading off with a walk, followed by a single from Geraldo Perdomo, and a double from Andy Yerzy that would score two runs. Unfortunately, despite nine other base runners throughout the game, the Cougars were never able to capitalize on them and score any further runs. CHICAGO (AP) — First, Brad Brach escaped a tough situation. Then Brandon Kintzler, Randy Rosario and Pedro Strop finished the job.Chicago’s beleaguered bullpen stepped up after Jon Lester departed with left hamstring tightness Paul DeJong Jersey , leading the Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 10-0 in their home opener on Monday.“That will build their confidence. They need that,” manager Joe Maddon said. “The group needs that. They were all really good.”Chicago’s bullpen had an 8.37 ERA on an opening 2-7 trip, amplifying concerns about pitching depth with relievers Brandon Morrow, Xavier Cedeño and Tony Barnette sidelined by injuries. But the bullpen threw four scoreless innings Sunday at Milwaukee, and the form carried over into the matchup with the Pirates.Brach (1-0) came in after Lester was removed with two on and no outs in the third. He got Starling Marté to bounce into a double play, then struck out Francisco Cervelli.Brach worked the fourth, and Kintzler and Rosario each pitched two innings. Strop closed it out on a picturesque day at Wrigley Field.“It’s just one of those things where kind of the good pitching can be contagious but at the same time the bad pitching can be contagious,” Brach said. “I think now we’re ready to get on a little bit of a roll and hopefully seven innings can go a long way to the next game.”Lester got hurt when he scored from second on Ben Zobrist’s two-run single in Chicago’s six-run second. The veteran left-hander is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday.“I didn’t feel a pop or any tingling or any numbness or anything like that,” Lester said. “Just kind of felt like something was in there grabbing me a little bit. So I guess that’s the positive look at it. Like I said, tomorrow will tell us more.”Pittsburgh had won four in a row, but the Pirates made four errors, including three by shortstop Kevin Newman in the second.“We need to play better defense,” manager Clint Hurdle said. “There were a couple of different sequences there, maybe, with execution of pitches didn’t help and defensively we had outs to put away and we didn’t do it, and the inning got away from us.”Newman’s first error allowed Daniel Descalso to reach after Jameson Taillon (0-2) retired the first two batters. He committed two more errors on a Kyle Schwarber grounder, and Anthony Rizzo scampered home to give the Cubs a 6-0 lead.In between the fielding trouble for Newman, Lester lex Reyes Jersey , Zobrist, Rizzo and Javier Báez each came up with big hits. Rizzo’s run-scoring single went off Taillon’s head, but he stayed in the game.“I’m fine. I’m unlucky I got hit and lucky I seem to be OK coming out of it,” said Taillon, who was charged with six unearned runs and four hits in two innings.Newman said it was a humbling experience.“A couple of days ago was the greatest day I’ve ever had on the field. Today was quite the opposite,” he said.OFFENSIVELY SPEAKINGKyle Schwarber added a two-run homer in the fourth as the Cubs earned their largest shutout victory in a home opener in franchise history. Their 72 runs is their highest total through 10 games since they scored 76 times in the first 10 games in 1954.WHAT A PLAYBáez picked up an RBI single in the second when he threw his bat at a ball that bounced in the dirt , leading to a liner that just got over Newman’s head. Báez shrugged as he stood on first base.“I saw Vladimir Guerrero did it back in the day and he’s in the Hall of Fame right now, so … ” a grinning Báez said. “Just a joke, just a joke.”WORTH NOTINGTaillon had allowed just five unearned runs in 441 2/3 innings coming into the day.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Morrow (elbow surgery) has completed each of his bullpen sessions so far “without incident,” according to president of baseball operations Theo Epstein. The next step for Morrow is expected to be finalized this week. … Barnette (right shoulder inflammation) and Cedeño (left wrist inflammation) are “moving along and getting closer to the possibility of rehab assignments,” Epstein said. “No setbacks with either guy.”UP NEXTFollowing an off day, right-handers Jordan Lyles and Yu Darvish get the ball when the series resumes Wednesday night. Lyles (0-0, 0.00 ERA) made his Pittsburgh debut Thursday against Cincinnati and pitched five innings in the Pirates’ 2-0 victory. Darvish (0-1, 8.10 ERA) struggled in his first two starts of the year, issuing 11 walks in just 6 2/3 innings.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 5 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de