Schneeflocken

paign when

in So funktioniert das Forum 21.05.2019 05:19
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

BIRMINGHAM, England - Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero produced late moments of brilliance to earn Manchester City a 2-0 win over Aston Villa on Saturday, keeping the champions in touch with English Premier League leader Chelsea.Toure dribbled to the edge of the penalty area in the 82nd minute and curled a left-footed shot past American goalkeeper Brad Guzan, who produced a string of second-half saves to keep Villa in the game.Aguero, one of two City players to hit the post when the score was 0-0, rifled in a fierce shot from 20 yards in the 88th to ensure there was no way back for Villa, and guarantee the visitors a fourth win in seven matches in the defence of their title.City provisionally moved to within two points of Chelsea, whose game in hand is against Arsenal on Sunday. City and Chelsea are widely tipped to challenge for the title this season.Toures first league goal will silence those who have criticized his contribution to Citys cause this season after his stunning 2013-14 campaign, when he scored 24 times in all competitions.Im not a machine, Toure said, Im a man. The most important thing for me is to try my best. I need to work harder and continue going.It looked look City would drop points for a fourth time, as it could find no way past the goal frame or Guzan until Toures goal.Aleksandar Kolarov struck a deflected shot against the post in the first half, Edin Dzeko wasted two good chances, and City failed to turn relentless pressure in the second half into goals.That was until Toure breezed through two midfielders and shot calmly past Guzan, with Villas defence paying for dropping deeper and deeper.Aguero scored his fifth goal of the campaign when he collected a pass on the edge of the area, and drove a low effort just inside the post.When we have just eight minutes to go, you are a little worried, but I trusted that one of those chances would be scored because we have important players to do that, Pellegrini said.I have told the players that in May you are going to win or lose the Premier League by just a point or so, so every one you drop on the way makes it more difficult. It is very difficult to recover the points against a team like Chelsea, and the only way to do it is to win every game.Villa, whose strong start to the season has faded thanks to successive defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea and City, will be buoyed by the return of Christian Benteke after six months out with a ruptured Achilles tendon.The Belgium striker appeared as a second-half substitute.It was a big effort from us, Villa manager Paul Lambert said. We defended strongly but they have quality all over the pitch, and we were dead all over the pitch by the end. Frank Gore Jersey . Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . Next week, hell try to add to the list. A Stanley Cup champion as a rookie, Seguin followed that up by becoming the youngest player to lead the Boston Bruins in scoring. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Weston-Richburg-Jersey/ . -- Chris Jones and Louisville have done a tremendous job protecting the basketball this season and thats led to easy victories. Fred Warner Jersey . But sometimes the way you lose takes precedence over the final score. And how the Jets lost the 5-4 game to the New York Islanders on Thursday is what had Coach Claude Noel hot after the game. Jimmie Ward Jersey . He will just have to wait a little longer. Bester grabbed an early lead before Scotlands Darren Burnett took over and ran away with the mens singles lawn bowling final 21-9 on Friday.NEW YORK, N.Y. - The big men were a big disappointment in Washington. Nene and Marcin Gortat quickly made up for that.Nene scored 20 points, three other Washington big men were in double figures, and the Wizards beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-90 on Saturday night to split their home-and-home series.Overpowered by Brook Lopez on Friday in their building, the Wizards bounced back behind 10 points and 16 rebounds from Gortat, and strong bench efforts from Kris Humphries (13 points) and Kevin Seraphin (12).We knew that its going to be a tough game for us but end of the day, me and Nene, we believe we are one of the most dominant big men in the league and unfortunately we didnt play that way yesterday, Gortat said. Today was a little bit different. We dominated the game and we helped our team to win this game.Bradley Beal finished with 17 points, nine rebounds and eight assists for the Wizards, who shot 52 per cent from the field to overcome their 14-of-27 effort from the free throw line.Jarrett Jack had 22 points and eight assists for the Nets. They had snapped a seven-game losing streak with their 102-80 victory Friday, when Nene and Gortat combined for just 15 points.Lopez scored 26 points off the bench in that game and had 13 by halftime of this one. But the Wizards held him to two points after the break and turned around the game with an 18-2 run in the third quarter.Tonight obviously they came in here a little bit more desperate knowing that we went into Washington last night and got a win. We knew we were going to get their best shot today but I thought we played great, Nets forward Joe Johnson said. I just think down the stretch we couldnt get stops and we couldnt make the shots to get us over the hump.The Nets led 51-50 after a close first half in which neither team led by more than five. A good start to the third quarter had them ahead 63-56 five minutes into the period. But Nene and Gortat began wearing them ddown, scoring 10 straight to go ahead 66-63 when Nene dunked forcefully between Kevin Garnett and Lopez.ddddddddddddJack stopped the run with a basket, but Washington answered with eight more in a row to build a 74-65 advantage on Rasual Butlers basket.Brooklyn tied it at 81 early in the fourth before Seraphin had two baskets and Humphries another in an 8-2 burst that made it 89-83 midway through the period, and Nene had a three-point play about 3 minutes later after the Nets had cut it to three.The backcourt of John Wall and Beal gets most of the attention, but Gortat said people shouldnt forget how good Washingtons forwards are.I dont really pay attention to what people think about our team and stuff like that, Humphries said. For me its just doing what weve got to do. We lost last game so this was a must-win for us.TIP-INSWizards: Paul Pierce received a mixed reception when he was announced with the Washington starters. The veteran forward played last season for the Nets before signing with Washington in July. ... Washington improved to 23-1 overall and 8-0 on the road when holding opponents to less than 100 points.Nets: Lopez got two points he didnt really deserve in the first quarter when Gortat tipped a missed free throw by Mason Plumlee into his own basket. Lopez got credit as the closest Nets player. ... Garnett, playing both ends of a back-to-back for one of the few times this season, had eight points and 10 rebounds. He fell to 10-9 against Pierce, his former teammate in Boston and Brooklyn.HALFWAY THEREBoth teams reached the midpoint of their seasons Saturday. While Washington is 28-13 and one of the top teams in the East, Brooklyn is a disappointing 17-24 but still in playoff position.Well, in the first 41 we didnt win enough games, coach Lionel Hollins said, and in the second 41 I hope we win a lot more.UP NEXTWizards: Host Philadelphia on Monday.Nets: Visit Sacramento on Wednesday. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de