Schneeflocken

was good for both sides

in So funktioniert das Forum 21.05.2019 05:07
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley is fired up to prove what hes worth. Fairley told reporters Tuesday the team informed him this off-season that it was not picking up the 2015 option in his contract. "It motivates me," he said. Fairley recalled working out in Houston when Lions general manager Martin Mayhew called him about the decision on the $5.5 million option for the fifth year of his contract. "It kind of surprised me," Fairley recalled. Fairley said after calling his agent and having dinner with him, his mind was changed because he can get a new contract. "We kind of came to agreement that it was good for both sides," he said. Detroit drafted Fairley out of Auburn with the No. 13 overall pick in 2011 and he has struggled to sustain success in part because of his fluctuating weight. Fairley acknowledged playing too heavy last season while weighing as much as 320 pounds. "I didnt feel comfortable with myself, my body, and how I was getting tired," he recalled. "I just felt like if I got down to a lighter weight, I would be leaner, meaner and ready to go." Fairley said he has lost about 30 pounds, getting down to about 290 pounds. He started eating more baked chicken and grilled fish, cutting out his habit of eating fast food three days a week. "He looks good," defensive co-ordinator Teryl Austin said. "Hes lost a lot of weight. I think the key will be when he leaves here and then when he comes back in camp if hes still in that great shape with his weight down. Its going to be great for us." Fairley was limited during Wednesdays practice because he is still recovering from surgery to treat sleep apnea, but expects to be "full go," at next weeks mandatory minicamp. He had career highs with six sacks and two fumble recoveries in 2013 while playing next to Ndamukong Suh, who is also entering the last year of his contract. "Were just hoping that we get a big year out of (Fairley)," Austin said. "I think he wants to have a big year as well." Fairley was up for talking about a lot of topics and shied away from only one question, choosing his words carefully when a reporter asked him asked him about becoming a free agent after next season. "Well just have to wait and see," he said. NOTES: NASCAR driver Joey Logano attended practice to promote next weeks race at Michigan International Speedway. After the practice, he caught passes from and threw to the football to quarterback Matthew Stafford. Logano said drivers are like quarterbacks and a crew chief is like a coach, joking there would be only one place for his 6-foot-3, 175-pound body in football. "Id be on the bench," Logano said. ... The Lions will have a three-day mandatory minicamp next week before taking more than a month off before training camp begins. ___ Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ___ Follow Larry Lage on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/larrylage Tennessee Titans Jerseys . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season. Blaine Gabbert Jersey . Some will say that Martin is too sensitive while others will say that it is part of the way football is in the locker room. But to have to absorb what was said to him for any rational and intelligent person is too much. http://www.authenticshoptitans.com/rashaan-evans-jersey/ . It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. Will Compton Titans Jersey . A rainy day saw the former champion Djokovic handle 14th-seeded Frenchman Jo- Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) under the roof on the famed Centre Court. Dion Lewis Titans Jersey . "There are a lot of things that are going very well in this organization. Im not coming in here to rip things apart," Nicholson told reporters Friday. "I know what Hockey Canada was when I started, and I know where this (Oilers) organization is today.Jordan Spieth continued his meticulous preparation for The 145th Open at Royal Troon by practising an unusual technique for getting out of bunkers on the eve of the tournament. Spieth, who missed out on a play-off by just one shot last year as he chased a third consecutive major victory, had clearly reviewed historic footage of players finding awkward positions in links bunkers over the years.Splashing out of the sand while kneeling down is obviously a last resort for the field at Troon this week, but the situation will no doubt arise for a few unsuspecting pros over the next four days. And, never one to be under-prepared, Spieth was captured by the Sky Sports cameras having two goes at the rarest of bunker escapes, and he was successful in finding the green on both occasions. Rory McIlroy needed six attempts to extract his ball from a bunker on Tuesday That gives him brragging rights over Rory McIlroy, who came to grief in a bunker at the Postage Stamp on Tuesday and needed six attempts to get his ball out!Spieth features in our first live feature group on day one, which will be available live on the red button, Sky Sports Xtra and Skys mobile and iPad apps, and he tees off alongside Justin Rose and Shane Lowry at 9:03am.dddddddddddd Watch The Open Watch the first round of The Open for free, no contract Watch the video above to see Jordan Spieth being brought to his knees by one of Royal Troons bunkers, and tune in for all four days of live coverage from 6:30am on Sky Sports - the proud new home of The Open. Also See: Rorys six in the sand Latest Open news Harringtons Happy Gilmore Get Sky Sports Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 5 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13455 Themen und 24999 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de