Schneeflocken

artin is hoping he can repeat the feat en

in So funktioniert das Forum 20.05.2019 04:54
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

WINNIPEG -- Sherry Middaugh is a Canadian curling veteran with a hard-luck streak getting to the big game, but she will be playing Jennifer Jones Saturday for the right to represent Canada at the Olympics. Middaugh fed off Rachel Homans mistakes to cruise to a 10-4 win at the womens semifinal at the Olympic Curling trials Friday night. "In the past its been normally like a missed shot on my behalf, maybe nerves, but the fact (is) that maybe all those experiences have helped," Middaugh said of her record of stumbling before the finish line was in sight. "Id certainly give all of those away to win tomorrow." On the mens side, Kevin Martin and John Morris will be playing Saturday in the semifinal to see who will compete against Brad Jacobs Sunday. At 47, Middaugh is the oldest female skip at the trials. Shes won many provincial championships but had trouble getting out of the national semifinals. Her biggest national win to date has been the 2003 Canada Cup of Curling. Ironically, although she started with the hammer, she missed her attempt to blank the first end and benefited from the change in tactics that dictated. Homan, the youngest skip at the trials and reigning national champion from Ottawa, threw a disastrous runback attempt that gave Middaugh her second three of the game in the sixth end. She said she didnt even forsee that as a possibility. "It just wasnt our night," she said. "Youve got to sum it up like that. Theres not much to say about it." After exchanging singles in one and two, the first few ends werent the same mistake-free, careful curling that Middaugh and Winnipegs Chelsea Carey played earlier in the day in the tiebreaker. Instead, their front ends traded half shots and misses that opened opportunities and Middaugh took an early lead, thanks to a three she scored in the third end. But Homan came back with a deuce in the fourth to keep it close. The veteran then scored a deuce of her own in five to make it 6-3, with two perfect draws to the button behind cover and a thin hit by Homan that failed to move Middaughs first counter far enough. Then came Homans runback attempt in six that could have netted her two but instead handed Middaugh another three. "I didnt even think we could do that. I thought at worst case . . . wed take one." Middaugh was deadly with her hits and near perfect with her draw. After Middaughs rink scored another point in the eighth, Homan shook hands. Homan said she had trouble with the ice. "The right side of the sheet was just a mountain . . . and the other side was just a valley." But Middaugh said she has found the ice consistent all week, which has helped her with her draws. "The ice has been the same all week which is a credit to the ice crew. . . The ice isnt patchy, its consistent right from the first end all the way through to the end," Middaugh said. "That certainly builds the confidence because you just throw what youve been throwing all week." Shes married to three-time world champion Glenn Howards third Wayne Middaugh. They live in Victoria Harbour, Ont. Theyre just one of four couples at the event. Edmonton skip Heather Nedohin is married to Martins third Dave Nedohin. Winnipeg skip Mike McEwen is married to Jennifer Jones lead Dawn Askin and Jones is in a relationship with Glen Howards second Brent Laing. Earlier Friday, Martin defeated Morris 7-6 in an extra end to clinch second in the mens standings. But Morris also advanced to the semifinal after Kevin Koe beat Mike McEwen 5-4, guaranteeing Morris a third-place finish. Martin is hoping he can repeat the feat en route to a fourth Olympics berth. He won gold in 2010 and silver in 2002 and also went to the 1992 Games. "It will be a tight game again but it was good to get through that one and the hammer in the semi and well hopefully play another good game (Saturday)," he said after Fridays win. "I would have to say we have to play a little better than (Friday) as a team. We were a little bit sloppy on a couple of ends." Morris was happy with how his team played. "I think we had a real sound strategy and kept control most of that game," he said. The exception was the sixth end when Martin scored three. "If we can just pick it up maybe just a half notch then we can win this thing . . . I like our chances," said Morris, who was born in Winnipeg but has made his name curling for both Ontario and Alberta. The former two-time world junior champion joined Martins Edmonton-based rink in 2006 but abruptly left in April to sign with skip Jim Cotters squad out of the Vernon and Kelowna curling clubs in B.C. Cotter moved to third. Martin then picked up another Manitoba native, former Randy Ferbys fourth rock Dave Nedohin, to replace Morris. In other mens action, Jacobs completed the round robin with a 7-4 victory over John Epping, who finished last with a 1-6 record. Jeff Stoughton defeated Howard 9-3 but both were already out of playoff contention. Stoughton finished 3-4 and Howard 2-5. Sebastian Janikowski Seahawks Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. Shaquem Griffin Jersey .35 million, avoiding arbitration. Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3. http://www.authenticseahawksstoreonline.com/Customized/ . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. Barkevious Mingo Seahawks Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. Rashaad Penny Jersey . In the late match, Shinji Okazaki scored two goals to pace Mainz to a 3-2 victory at Werder Bremen. Goals from Milan Badelj, Maximilian Beister and Hakan Calhanoglu ended Hamburgs two-match losing run and kept Hannover winless in seven games.MONTREAL -- Speculation on Jim Popps future with the Montreal Alouettes has been put to rest, at least for now. The only general manager the CFL club has had since it returned to Montreal after a 10-year hiatus in 1996 signed a three-year contract extension on Thursday that runs through the 2017 season. There was concern that the 49-year-old, who was in the final year of his contract, was ready to move on. But the Elkin, N.C. native said: "I plan to be here and fulfil my contract." He did not say if his deal includes an out-clause if he is offered an NFL job. He drew interest ahead of last season from the Indianapolis Colts and rumours of a move south have arisen periodically throughout his tenure with the Alouettes. Its assumed Popp would jump at the chance, but he said hed be just as happy to stay in Montreal until he retires. "I cant foresee the future," said the married father of six children, all born in Montreal. "I have to work. "I dont know if Ill ever retire, with six kids. But I love the job, the city and the team, so if it happens that way, youll find a very happy person. I dont dwell on whether (an NFL job) will ever happen. I know Im very fortunate to have a job. Theres really only two pro football leagues and there are 41 jobs. I have one of those." Popp was GM of the defunct Baltimore Stallions for two years, winning a Grey Cup in 1995, before the team moved to Montreal. He is 233-129-1 as a CFL general manager, adding Cups with the Alouettes in 2002, 2009 and 2010. In Montreal, his teams have never missed the playoffs and never won fewer than eight games in a season. But it looked like his stay was coming to an end lasst winter when owner Robert Wetenhall did not let him keep the head coaching job, left him out of the decision to hire Tom Higgins as coach and did not immediately extend his contract as GM.dddddddddddd Popp took over as head coach for the third time in his career when Dan Hawkins was fired only five games into the 2013 season. He is 14-18 in the regular season as a coach. If there was any bitterness about not being allowed to coach, Popp said he is over it. "I have no hard feelings about anything," said Popp, who is also vice-president and director of football operations. "Its business. Its (Wetenhalls) team. "He makes the decisions. It was a real roller-coaster in the off-season, especially for me personally with different things that went on, but I knew the entire time that I might not be the head coach. I also want to make it very clear that my relationship with Tom Higgins is very good." Team president Mark Weightman said Wetenhall did not attend the news conference because he was ill. Weightman hopes the move will end talk of a rift among management. "For us, there wasnt a lot of doubt that it would play out this way," he said. "I understand how perception wasnt always that clear, so to have this done early, if it silences the critics or closes the door on that conversation, great. "We can focus on the season and winning some games. Having Jim secured for many more years is a big part of ensuring the stability of our club." Popp said that talks on his contract extension lasted only a week. "There was never any doubt or worries from my end that those discussions would take place," he said. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de