Schneeflocken

ed after giving up a one-ou

in So funktioniert das Forum 20.05.2019 04:44
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

TORONTO - With his team eliminated from post-season contention, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons turned to a rookie pitcher and a new-look lineup for Thursdays series finale against Seattle.The results were mixed.Daniel Norris turned in a decent performance in his first big-league start but the Mariners fought back for a 7-5 victory to avoid a four-game sweep and keep their slim playoff hopes alive.Gibbons rested regulars like Jose Reyes, Dioner Navarro and Jose Bautista and inserted several late-season callups into the lineup. Dalton Pompey of Mississauga, Ont., was the leadoff man while the bottom half of the order featured Toronto native George Kottaras, Kevin Pillar, Anthony Gose and Ryan Goins.Pompey had a decent game with a run, a hit and two walks while Norris gave up one hit and two earned runs over 3 1/3 innings.Thats a big thing, a lot of guys dont get that chance to come up at the end of the season, Gibbons said. When (players) go into a new season and they get called up for the first time, it can be a little intimidating.(Playing now) is going to help them all, regardless of the results.Logan Morrison belted a three-run shot for Seattle (84-75) and added a solo homer as the Mariners ended a five-game losing skid. Seattle entered play three games behind the Kansas City Royals and Oakland Athletics in the race for the two American League wild-card spots.Were still in the ring, still fighting, said Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon.Fernando Rodney gave up a solo homer to Kevin Pillar in the ninth inning before picking up his major league-leading 47th save.Norris retired the first eight batters he faced. On a limit of about 60 pitches, he was pulled after giving up a one-out walk to Kendrys Morales in the fourth inning.The 21-year-old left-hander, who made four relief appearances earlier this month, excelled in the minor leagues this year but has noticed a dip in his fastball speed since being called up. Its obvious my stuff is not really there, he said. Its tough to try to pitch without your stuff but sometimes thats the competitor (in you) that has to come out.I think thats what I tried to do today, was go out there and compete without your big guns.Todd Redmond relieved Norris and gave up an RBI single to Kyle Seager that cut Torontos lead to 2-1. Morrison followed with a no-doubt blast to right-centre field that brought three more runs across.Pompey showed some flashes of his potential throughout the game. He walked in the fifth inning, took second on an errant pickoff attempt, stole third and scored on an Edwin Encarnacion sacrifice fly.Adam Lind drove in Munenori Kawasaki later in the frame to tie it before Seattle went ahead to stay in the sixth. Morrison took an Aaron Loup (4-4) pitch over the wall for his 11th homer of the year.I dont have any idea how I hit that guy. Hes filthy, Morrison said. I blacked out. I dont know what happened. Obviously playing every day has helped my timing. I know this is the type of player I can be.Mike Zunino added an insurance run by going deep off Dustin McGowan for his 22nd homer of the year. Reliever Yoervis Medina (5-3) worked an inning of relief for the win.Seattle used nine pitchers while Toronto used six. The Mariners had three errors but outhit the Blue Jays 10-5.Notes: Announced attendance was 17,173 and the game took three hours two minutes to play. ... It was Morrisons second career multi-homer game. ... The Blue Jays will wrap up their regular season with a weekend series against the Baltimore Orioles. Drew Hutchison (10-13, 4.51 ERA) will start on Friday night against Baltimores Chris Tillman (13-5, 3.26).___Follow @GregoryStrongCP on Twitter. Jeff Allen Jersey . He learned about pressure and expectations at the 2010 Games in his hometown of Vancouver. His next mission is to build on that experience at his next Olympic appearance in Sochi, where he plans to ride the momentum from the teams strong start to the season. Kaimi Fairbairn Jersey . Jeff Green and Jordan Crawford each scored 19 points, Bass added 15 points and had a game-saving block in the closing seconds Saturday, and the Celtics held on for a 103-100 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers. http://www.officialhoustontexansfootball.com/authentic-demaryius-thomas-jersey-womens . This has become the Raptors mantra as they embark on a new era with a new regime and, in the not-so-distant future, a new image. Jordan Akins Jersey .C. -- Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons. Houston Texans Jerseys . During the furious first few hours of free agency Tuesday, the team agreed to terms with strong safety Donte Whitner, a Cleveland native who cant wait to play in his hometown. TAMPA, Fla. -- Justin Peters deserved a much better outcome after a stellar 47-save performance. Radko Gudas scored 2:16 into overtime and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat Peters and the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 on Saturday night. "Sometimes the goaltender is the best player on the ice, and he was tonight," Lightning coach Jon Copper said about Peters. "Fortunately for us, we got that extra one by him." Gudas beat Peters, who kept the Hurricanes in the game with a number of great saves, from the right circle during a 3-on-1. "I wasnt 100 per cent sure if I could make a pass," Gudas said. Gudas helped setup the odd-man rush with a check on Jeff Skinner, who lost his stick on the play, in the Tampa Bay defensive zone. Victor Hedman and Martin St. Louis also scored for the Lightning. Valtteri Filppula had two assists. "It was real hot in there," Peters said. "They were throwing a lot of rubber at the net. We battled. We battled hard, and unfortunately, we werent able to get the two points." Carolinas Jiri Tlusty had a pair of goals. "Our goalie stole a point for us tonight," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "Obviously, he was the difference for us." St. Louis re-directed Hedmans shot during a power play 7:56 into the third that pulled the Lightning even at 2-2. The Hurricanes went up 2-1 on Tlustys short-handed breakaway goal at 10:11 of the second. Carolina has seven short-handed goals this season, all coming on the road. However, the Hurricanes are 1-2-3 when scoring short-handed. Tlusty put Carolina up 1-0 when he beat Ben Bishop with a wrist shot on the Hurricanes first shot at 4:35 of the first.ddddddddddddBishop had shutout Carolina in both of his previous games against the Hurricanes, making 76 saves over the stretch. Bishop finished with 25 saves. Peters, who entered winless in three games with a 4.00 goals-against-average against Tampa Bay, made 15 saves before allowing Hedmans goal that tied it at 1 with 3:48 left in the first. The Lightning outshot Carolina 19-8 during the first. Peters stopped all 13 shots he faced in the second, including a post-to-post glove save on Filppulas shot during a power play late in the period. He turned aside 16 of 17 shots during the third. Tampa Bay defenceman Eric Brewer left in the second with an upper-body injury. Hurricanes defenceman Jay Harrison played seven shfts during the first before leaving the game. NOTES: Injured Lightning star Steven Stamkos briefly skated Saturday. Stamkos, who broke his right leg Nov. 11, resumed limited on-ice workouts about 10 days ago and skated for over 30 minutes Thursday. Stamkos has said he hopes to return in February. ... Hurricanes RW Radek Dvorak played in his 1,230th NHL game, which is two away from tying Dino Ciccarelli for 84th on the career list. ... Tampa Bay LW Ryan Malone (broken ankle) had an extensive on-ice conditioning session and could return by early next month. ... Lightning C Tom Pyatt played after missing 32 games due to a broken collarbone. ... Carolina D Mike Komisarek was scratched for the second straight game after being activated from injured reserve. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de