Schneeflocken

he Blue Jays tinker w

in So funktioniert das Forum 08.05.2019 05:15
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

TORONTO - Major League Baseball isnt always about the first class charter flights, the five-star hotels and the gourmet food. For bubble players like Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz, there can be days like Monday. Jenkins, the 26-year-old bullpen long man, is up for a third time already this season. Diaz is a 29-year-old utility infielder whos back for a second go round. "He was supposed to get on the plane with me," said Jenkins. "We checked our bags, got our little boarding pass and both of ours said get your seat at the gate." But Diaz didnt join Jenkins on the Monday morning flight from Charlotte, where the Triple-A Bisons were playing the White Soxs affiliate the Knights, because the flight was oversold. "I was panicking," said Jenkins. "I was like, um, I dont know what to do, should we call (traveling secretary) Mike (Shaw) and see who they need more and that person gets on the plane first?" Jenkins went ahead and boarded the plane. Diaz was on the phone with Shaw. The flight was re-booked. Jenkins promised Diaz hed pick up his teammates bags, which already had been placed in the plane. Jenkins arrived in Toronto in plenty of time to arrive to the stadium for three oclock. Diaz, who was in the starting lineup at shortstop to accommodate a day off for Jose Reyes, pulled in closer to six oclock. "Its been an awful day," said Jenkins. "Travel has been awful." He can only smile when he reflects upon the last two weeks of his life. Jenkins was first recalled on April 26. He spent two nights in Toronto and then boarded a flight to Kansas City with his teammates. After three nights in the Midwest, he flew with the Blue Jays to Pittsburgh. After one night there, Jenkins was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. The driver got lost on the way to Buffalo, which added more than an hour to the trip. The next day, he was back in a car from Buffalo to Pittsburgh, recalled as Brandon Morrows injury replacement. He flew to Philadelphia with the team, spent two nights there and returned to Toronto for two more nights. Jenkins flew to Atlanta when he was optioned after Thursdays game, spent time with his parents and they drove together to meet the Bisons in Charlotte on Saturday. Monday morning, he left Charlotte for Toronto. "My back doesnt know what a solid mattress feels like for more than three days," said Jenkins. "Its been fun. Its been a ride. Its been crazy." Jenkins participated in a Shoot For A Cure charity event in Atlanta and spent time with his father, Steve. He enjoyed a Mothers Day dinner with his mom, Gail, on Sunday night. In between, he pitched two innings for the Bisons on Saturday night and was pleased with the result given the travel and the resultant infrequent throwing schedule. "I got on the mound and thats the best command Ive had on my sinker all year," said Jenkins. "I was throwing front doors, I was throwing the back door to the righty where I was going out and coming back and I had two strike outs looking. I was like, what happened? Where did this come from? I threw the other night, my arm feels good and I feel like my command is coming back and Im hoping it stays." ENCARNACION HONOURED Edwin Encarnacion is heating up, so much so that Major League Baseball is taking notice, naming the Blue Jays first baseman the American League Player of the Week. In seven games from May 5-11, Encarnacion went 9-28 (.321) with four home runs, a triple and two doubles. ROSTER MOVES The Blue Jays have made 42 roster moves as of Monday, with the disabling of Sergio Santos, the recalls of Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz and the optioning of Erik Kratz to Triple-A Buffalo. The moves break down like this: 10 relate to the disabled list; 16 involve recalls or minor league contract selections; 10 involve players being optioned to the minor leagues; six players have been designated for assignment. If it seems like the Blue Jays tinker with the roster a lot its because they do. You may be surprised, however, to learn the Yankees have made more roster moves than Toronto. Heres the American League East divisional breakdown as of May 12: New York Yankees: 49Toronto Blue Jays: 42Baltimore Orioles: 37Tampa Bay Rays: 31Boston Red Sox: 21 Custom Packers Jerseys . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No. Packers Jerseys .7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games. http://www.officialpackersteamgears.com/deshone-kizer-jersey/ . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey . Lawries batting helmet hit an umpire during his ninth-inning outburst in the Jays 4-3 loss to Tampa Bay on Tuesday. The 22-year-old threw his helmet to the ground and it bounced up and hit home plate umpire Bill Miller on the right hip after Lawrie was called out on strikes for the second out.CHICAGO -- Tyson Barrie and the Avalanche keep finding ways to win as they move up in the Western Conference. The defenceman scored his second goal of the game on a power play at 4:09 of overtime, giving Colorado a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night. The Avalanche won their second straight and improved to 6-1-1 in their last eight games despite getting outshot 48-26 and blowing a two-goal lead. With Jonathan Toews off for hooking, Barrie fired the game-winner past Corey Crawford on a one-timer from the left circle after taking a cross-ice pass from Matt Duchene. "This is huge for us," Barrie said. "We want to keep climbing in the standings." The 22-year-old Barrie was an unlikely star in this one. After his first two-goal game in the NHL, he has five goals this season and seven in his career. "This is a tough building to get one point in, so we got the one. We were fortunate to get the power play there, and were able to get the two points," he said. The Avalanche also avenged a 7-2 drubbing by the Blackhawks in Chicago on Dec. 27. Colorado is 6-1-2 since that loss. "We wanted to have a good bounce-back game after that," Barrie said. "If you can beat the champs, its always nice." Barrie and Ryan OReilly scored 1:02 apart late in the first period to stake Colorado to a 2-0 lead. OReilly has three goals in his last two games. But if goalie Semyon Varlamov hadnt made 46 saves in a solid -- and sometimes spectacular -- effort, the game wouldnt have been close. "Hes been like this since the start of the year," Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said. "Hes been outstanding. We rally around him. "That was the type of performance we needed from our goalie to beat the Blackhawks." Chicagos Andrew Shaw scored at 7:27 of the third to tie it. He also assisted on Johnny Oduyas goal in the second. But that was all Varlamov allowed. "We just couldnt find a way to score enough goals to win," Toews said. "It is a frustrating game, but well stay with it and we know we can build off that effort and start playing better hockey than we have been the last few games." Varlamov improved to 9-0-5 in his last 15 games, including 14 starts -- the longest streak of his career without a regulation loss.dddddddddddd His last defeat in regulation was at Phoenix on Dec. 10, when the Avalanche lost 3-1. Crawford finished with 23 saves. The Blackhawks have dropped their last seven games that have gone past regulation, dating to a 2-1 shootout win in Dallas on Nov. 29. The defending Stanley Cup champions are 4-11 this season in games that go longer than 60 minutes. They are 0-5 in overtime and 4-6 in shootouts. Colorado defenceman Erik Johnson left late in the second period with a lower-body injury. He tried to return for a shift in the third, but didnt continue. Colorado led 2-0 after the first period despite being outplayed until about 14 minutes in, when the Blackhawks held a 12-3 advantage in shots. But Barrie opened the scoring on a soft screened shot from just inside the right point with 5:02 left in the first. He flipped the puck past several players and it sailed over Crawfords glove. OReilly made it 2-0 with a power-play goal on a crisp passing play 10 seconds after Kris Versteeg was sent off for hooking. OReilly slipped the puck past Crawford after a wide-open setup at the edge of the crease. The Blackhawks pushed back and turned up the pressure in the second, outshooting Colorado 10-1 in the first half of the period and 16-6 overall. But Chicago only managed to cut Colorados lead to 2-1, cashing in on Oduyas deflection of Brandon Saads screened shot from the slot. Shaw tied it on a rebound. He swept in a shot from 10 feet out after Varlamov stopped Saad from point-blank range. Chicagos Michal Rozsival hit the right post on a shot with about 7:30 left. Crawford made a point-blank stop on a wide-open Cody McLeod with just more than 3 minutes left. Toews tripped Andre Benoit at 3:34 of overtime following a Chicago turnover to prevent a possible breakaway, but the ensuing power play led to Barries game-winner. NOTES: Oduya, a defenceman, had gone 23 games without a goal and 10 without a point. ... Colorado C Paul Stastny missed the game with a leg injury sustained Saturday at Minnesota. He is day to day. ... Avalanche G Jean-Sebastien Giguere sat out with back spasms, so Sami Aittokallio was recalled from Lake Erie of the AHL to back up Varlamov. Colorado D Cory Sarich also was scratched. Wholesale Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Yankees Jerseys Cheap Stitched Rays Jerseys Wholesale Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Wholesale Tigers Jerseys Royals Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Twins Jerseys Cheap Stitched Astros Jerseys Wholesale Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys China Wholesale Mariners Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Rangers Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Cheap Stitched Phillies Jerseys Wholesale Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Online Wholesale Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Online Cheap Pirates Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Cheap Rockies Jerseys Authentic Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Authentic Cheap Padres Jerseys Online Wholesale Giants Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de