Schneeflocken

and his strike in last weekends win at C

in So funktioniert das Forum 07.05.2019 05:02
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Mike Mitchell has transformed his attitude and his style of play. "Ive adjusted to the new rules changes," Mitchell said Thursday, "and just looked forward to playing clean football and not getting fined this year." After four seasons with the Oakland Raiders and one with the Carolina Panthers, Mitchell is expected to earn a starting role in the Steelers secondary this season. Though Mitchell might have toned down his heavy-hitting ways, he still plans to make an immediate impact in due to his ball-hawking skills. The Steelers had just 10 interceptions last year, 29th in the NFL, while Mitchell had four picks in one season with Carolina. "I guess I made some big plays, but that was just me sticking my toe in the water," Mitchell said. "I expect to make even bigger and better plays this year, and I have a great guy to learn from in Troy Polamalu. . I dont know if Ill be jumping over the centre, but I do plan on taking the ball away." Thats been a major issue in recent years for the Steelers, who havent created more than 20 turnovers in a season since 2010 even as they have remained near the top of the league in yards allowed. Mitchell isnt wasting any time getting settled during the first organized team activities. "I had a great break on a ball today and should have picked it, but A.B. (Antonio Brown) did a good job getting his hands up there," Mitchell said. "I should have brought it down. . Shamarko (Thomas) is leading the way with one pick, but I should have had one, too." Thomas, a fourth-round pick last year, has not been able to get on the field often enough to make the kind of splash plays the team so desperately needs, but expects to have more opportunities this season. "Sure, I want to do a lot more this year," Thomas said. "I have three veteran safeties to learn from in Troy, Mike and Will Allen. Mike, he brings a lot of athleticism to the group, and hes made some great reads on the ball." Mitchell has played for three teams in three seasons, but the six-year NFL veteran believes there are some good points to go with the bad ones. "Its bad, because Ive had to leave some good friends behind," said Mitchell, who turns 27 next month. "But its good, because Ive been able to have a lot of different experiences, playing for different coaches and different schemes. Thats why this transition . Coach (Dick) LeBeaus defence isnt easy, but Ive actually picked it up fairly well." Mitchell believes playing in so many different defensive systems may actually be to his advantage. "In Oakland, I felt like I played for three different teams in four years, because we were always changing head coaches," Mitchell said. "So, learning a new scheme is nothing thats too different for me. I think that Ive handled it well. (And) I made a couple plays this week, but theres many more to be made." NOTES: The Steelers signed CB Shaquille Richardson from Arizona, their fifth-round pick, and have five of nine draft choices under contract. ... The top four picks are still unsigned, though they should come into the fold soon. Pittsburgh will free up $8 million in cap space when the March release of linebacker LaMarr Woodley officially hits the books. ... The club signed two players Thursday and released two. They signed rookie free agent offensive lineman Emmanuel McCray and claimed cornerback Deion Belue off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. ... To make room on the roster, the Steelers released offensive linemen Nik Embernate and Kaycee Ike. Joel Heath Jersey .com) - Guard Greivis Vasquez and forward Patrick Patterson, two key pieces to the Toronto Raptors run to an Atlantic Division title in 2013-14, were both given qualifying offers by the team on Saturday. Alfred Blue Jersey . The 21-year-old Wickham headed Sunderland into a 26th-minute lead --to add to the double he scored at Manchester City and his strike in last weekends win at Chelsea -- and then sealed the win with a late header. http://www.officialhoustontexansfootball.com/authentic-sammie-coates-jersey-womens . Sundays race will be held at the Sepang circuit, adjacent to Kuala Lumpurs main airport where the ill-fated flight took off earlier this month. Authorities now say it is almost certain it crashed in the Indian Ocean, killing all 239 people aboard. Natrell Jamerson Jersey . - While a fast-paced offence has become more of a fixture in recent years, the San Antonio Spurs can still grind out games when needed. Brandon Dunn Jersey .m. on Friday. Granger was acquired from the Indiana Pacers last Thursday for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, but never played a minute for Philadelphia. The 76ers also received a 2015 second-round draft pick in the deal.Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Big 5 rivals square off on Wednesday night, as the 10th-ranked Villanova Wildcats tangle with the La Salle Explorers at Tom Gola Arena. Villanova has taken out all comers here in the early stages of the 2014-15 season, including a pair of ranked foes in VCU and Michigan. Since winning the Legends Classic in Brooklyn with a 60-55 decision over the Wolverines, the team routed regional rival Delaware at home on Sunday, 78-47. La Salle has won twice as many games as it has lost to this point in the campaign, but the team has dropped two in a row after starting out 4-0. The Explorers stumbled in their first attempt to upset a ranked foe, falling to Virginia in a 64-56 final, before suffering a double-digit setback to Vanderbilt last Saturday, 68-55, with both games being a part of the Barclays Center Classic, also in Brooklyn. Villanova owns a 35-27 lead in the all-time series with La Salle, which includes a 73-52 victory last year. Villanova is getting it done at both ends of the court this season, as the team in generating 74.2 ppg while allowing only 55.0 ppg. The Wildcats prefer a balanced attack rather than rely on one or two star performers, and they currently boast seven players who average at least 7.8 ppg. Dylan Ennis (12.5 ppg) and Kris Jenkins (10.0 ppg) are the only two double-digit scorers for VU, which is holding the opposition to a mere 27.1 percent accuracy on 3-point attempts, while also laying claim to favorable margins in both reboundingg (+4.dddddddddddd.7) and turnovers (+6.8). Jenkins scored 13 points to lead five players in double figures, as Villanova kept Delaware winless on the season over the weekend. The Wildcats made good on 48.3 percent of their total shots, knocking down 13-of-32 3-point attempts, while logging a 41-33 rebounding advantage and taking advantage of 17 UD turnovers. The Blue Hens were held to 31 percent field goal efficiency, which included misses on 18 of their 25 long-range launches. Jerrell Wright scored 19 points and Steve Zack added 11 more, but those efforts werent good enough as La Salle lost to Vanderbilt the last time out. The Explorers shot 43.1 percent from the field, but failed to convert 10 of their 14 3-point tries. Their defensive effort yielded a 54.2 percent success rate to the Commodores on their field goal attempts. Vandy committed only seven turnovers in the game, Despite shooting just 36.9 percent from the floor, Jordan Price paces the Explorers with 17.7 ppg. Wright (11.0 ppg, 7.5 rpg) is the only other double- digit scorer for a squad that is netting an even 60 ppg even though its connecting on only 38.1 percent of its total shots, which includes a woeful 25.3 percent showing from beyond the arc. Zack (8.2 rpg) spearheads the clubs rebounding effort, which trails the opposition on average by 4.3 rpg. Fortunately the teams defensive prowess results in the enemy putting up only 58.7 ppg behind typical shooting outputs of .382 overall and .278 from distance. Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de