Schneeflocken

e Champions League on Wednes

in So funktioniert das Forum 06.05.2019 04:54
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Dont rule out Niagara Falls as a potential future home of the Buffalo Bills. Several officials told The Associated Press that a newly formed Bills stadium task force of public and private leaders seeking to bolster the teams long-term viability is considering sites that would put it closer to the teams burgeoning Ontario fan base. "Were looking at Niagara County," Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy told the AP this week. "Were open to looking at a number of venues." Niagara Falls Mayor Paul Dyster confirmed Niagara County was discussed as an option during the inaugural meeting last week of the newly formed New Stadium Working Group committee. Duffy made clear "that all options should be on the table," Dyster said, adding that includes Niagara County and even Batavia, about halfway between Buffalo and Rochester. That goes beyond the groups initial directive, which was first limited to seeking potential stadium sites in Erie County, where Buffalo is located. Another idea is having the Bills relocate their headquarters to the University at Buffalo campus in the Erie County town of Amherst, where a new practice facility would be built and shared with the schools football team. That proposal would satisfy a long-term need for a Mid-American Conference program seeking to broaden its profile. Though not a member of the working group, New York state Sen. Tim Kennedy told the AP he is aware of the preliminary discussions tying the Bills and the school. A person familiar with the discussions confirmed the Bills/UB plan has been raised. That person wasnt authorized to publicly discuss the subjects raised in the private meeting and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity. Duffy and Dyster are among 20 members of the stadium group, which was established to make recommendations on whether the Bills require a new facility or should continue playing at Ralph Wilson Stadium, their 41-year-old home in Orchard Park. The group was formed as part of a 10-year, $271-million lease agreement the team reached with the state and Erie County in December 2012. The groups role in helping determine the Bills future took on more significance after Ralph Wilson, the teams owner and founder, died on March 25. Wilsons widow, Mary Wilson, is now overseeing the team until the franchise is sold, which raises the possibility of the Bills relocating under a new owner. The Bills are essentially locked into playing at their current home through the 2019 season, because the lease features a $400 million penalty in the event the team broke it. In 2020, the Bills have a one-time opportunity to opt out of the lease for about $28 million. Toronto and Los Angeles are regarded potential suitors. The new owner will have final say on any stadium proposal. Its incumbent upon the working group, which includes U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, to present a framework of viable options that provide the best chance of keeping the team in western New York. "We have many very good tools to help that happen," Schumer told the AP. "I think there is a view that us showing early interest and the potential of a new home for the Bills is very helpful, because we want to show an owner that we want to do what it take to keep the Bills in Buffalo." Ralph Wilson Stadium is currently undergoing $130 million in upgrades. The work includes structural upgrades and adding fan amenities to bring the facility up to modern-day NFL standards. The Bills presence has been regarded as key in helping an economically hard-hit region maintain a national identity. As the NFLs only New York-based franchise, the team generates about $20 million in direct annual tax revenue for the state. Niagara Falls is 30 minutes closer by car than Orchard Park to a growing southern Ontario fan base. The Bills estimate Canadians make up about 18 per cent of their season-ticket base. Kennedy favours the proposal of linking the Bills and the university but is against a stadium site outside of Erie County. "The Buffalo Bills were born in Buffalo and should stay in Buffalo," Kennedy said. "At least in Erie County. If were talking about a new stadium Id like to see it built in Buffalo proper." Kennedy said a new stadium with a dome or a retractable roof could be part of a larger development, including a new convention centre. The new facility would boost efforts to re-energize downtown Buffalo, he said, and could even make the city a contender for hosting the Super Bowl, he said. Former Erie County Executive Joel Giambra said the southern Ontario market is critical to the Bills future. Giambra said Wilson discussed with him the possibility of the team playing home games in St. Catharines, Ontario, while maintaining its headquarters in New York. "They were aggressively trying to figure out how to tap that Canadian marketplace because of the economics," Giambra said. Dyster is aware of discussions regarding the advantages of Niagara Falls location, but said its premature to suggest what recommendations might emerge. "The critical thing here is that we all have to come together as a region to make certain that we keep the Bills here," Dyster said. "If we lose the Bills, were all losers." Brad Marchand Jersey . -- James Harden scored 31 points, including 25 in the second half, and the Houston Rockets dug out of a double-digit, first-half hole to beat the Orlando Magic 101-89 on Wednesday night. Zdeno Chara Jersey . Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raptors have traded forward Steve Novak along with a second-round pick to the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Diante Garrett - who will then be waived. http://www.cheapbruinsjerseys.info/authentic-david-pastrnak-bruins-jersey/ . Third-place Madrid fell behind and settled for a 2-2 draw earlier at Osasuna in a match both sides finished with 10 men, and Barcelona didnt let the chance escape. Barcelona, still without the injured Lionel Messi, again turned to Neymar after his hat trick against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday to convert a penalty on the half-hour mark and restore the lead in the 68th after Villarreal levelled. Jaroslav Halak Jersey . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. Gerry Cheevers Jersey . The Giants chances of winning the division were dealt a serious blow by the three-game sweep at the hands of the lowly Padres. The Giants open a three-game series at Dodger Stadium on Monday night. San Francisco is still in good shape to clinch a wild-card berth, although it dropped into a tie with Pittsburgh in the race for the top spot.HOUSTON - J.J. Watt has long been feared for his sacks and swats.This year teams have to worry about his receiving skills, too.The 6-foot-5, 289-pound defensive end had another touchdown catch in Houstons win on Sunday to give him three this season. He has one more touchdown reception than star receiver Andre Johnson and more than all of the Texans tight ends combined.Defensive co-ordinator Romeo Crennel has enjoyed watching the big guy, who began his college career as a tight end, have some fun on offence.He goes after the ball like he goes after the quarterback and both of those are good, Crennel said.Watts work on offence hasnt slowed down his production on defence. He leads the team with 11 1/2 sacks and is first in the NFL with a franchise-record five fumble recoveries and 36 quarterback hits. He also has a fumble return for a touchdown and another score an interception return.Hes found someone to talk to about playing on the opposite side of the ball in assistant coach Mike Vrabel, a former linebacker who had scored a touchdown on each of his 12 career receptions.Watts following in his footsteps in that way with each of his grabs going for scores as well.He has definitely helped, Watt said. I think that he might have helped in getting the package in the first place. He has given me some tips.Watt wouldnt divulge any of the insider information hes received from Vrabel, but he did share one thing the three-time Super Bowl champion told him.Spike the ball when you score. Thats the one he is adamant about, so I try, he said. I was so excited this week I couldnt even hold on to the thing when I stood up.Vrabel declined an interview request for this story.But Houstons top receivers had plenty to say about Watts receiving skills. DeAndre Hopkins, who leads the Texans with 1,041 yards receiving and six touchdown receptions, laughed when asked if Watt was a good receiver.No. But he makes plays so thats all that matters, Hopkins said. The in between stuff really isnt a big deal if you go out and make plays. But as far as being receiver, nah.Watts first receiving touchdown was an easy one. He was wide open in the end zone and simply waited for the ball to get to him for the 1-yard score. The second two have been a little more difficult. Watt had to dive in the end zone to grab both of those.Hopkins said whats perhaps most impressive about Watts receiving is that teams know the balls going to him, but still cant stop it.Ninety-five per cent of the time you know that if J.J.s out there hes getting the baall, hes not going to waste his time, Hopkins said.dddddddddddd.Johnson knows some people are surprised with Watts work on offence, but the hes not one of them after watching him play defence for four seasons.He has great hand-eye co-ordination, Johnson said. You dont really see guys pick balls off at the defensive line position unless they have bounced around on somebody. He can just jump right up in the air and pick the ball off ... ever since he has been here he has always run around and caught balls with us. I always tell people its not surprising for us to see it because we get to see it every day.Watt joked that the offensive plays are so much more complex than those on defence that hes often confused when preparing for a play on offence.I have no idea what theyre saying in the huddle on offence, he said. I swear to God. I have no clue what the play calls are or anything. I know my little gambit of plays. I know what Im supposed to do on those.Watt said hell look at the quarterback after he calls the play and ask him to break it down for him.I just say: Hey which one is this? Hell be like: This is the one where you do ..., and I say: Oh OK, sure. Cool, Watt said.Houston coach Bill OBrien marvels at all the things Watt can do and said hes unique because along with defensive end he can play defensive tackle, nose tackle, linebacker and, of course, tight end.He is definitely one of the most versatile players Ive ever been around, OBrien said. The thing ... I think sets him apart is his work ethic, the way that he approaches every single day. Hes got tremendous talent, but he really does a great job of working extremely hard every day to get the most out of that talent.Hopkins said Watt hasnt asked him for any pointers on offence, but that he does talk a little trash about how hes going to score more touchdowns than the receiver this season. Those conversations leave Hopkins shaking his head.I never thought Id be having a conversation with a defensive end about scoring touchdowns, Hopkins said with a smile.Watts performance has some wondering if he could become the first defensive player to win MVP since Lawrence Taylor in 1986, but the odds are probably stacked against him.Its hard for a defensive player that doesnt touch the ball as much, its hard for him to be an MVP, Crennel said. But to this point, J.J. has touched the ball and scored touchdowns, so some of those people who like offensive guys might consider him.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de