Schneeflocken

passes to Kendall Sanders to help Arkansas State beat UCF.Hansen co

in Eure Homepages 05.05.2019 08:21
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers will turn to Kenta Maeda to start Game 5 of the National League Championship Series against the Chicago Cubs on Thursday.Maeda (0-1), and not ace Clayton Kershaw, will get the baseball in a crucial contest of the series, which is tied at two games apiece. Games 6 and 7 (if necessary) will be at Wrigley Field this weekend.Maeda gets the call despite his inability to deliver so far in the postseason. Although the 28-year-rookie from Japan received a no-decision in Game 1 of the NLCS, he allowed three runs on four hits in four innings, walking three and striking out two.Maeda lost his other playoff start in Game 3 of the National League Division Series against the Washington Nationals, serving up four runs on five hits in three innings in his second-shortest start of the season.Its one reason some in the media speculated Roberts might go to Kershaw again on three days rest.Well, I think that (Thursday) isnt a deciding game, Roberts said, insisting hes sticking with Maeda.Roberts also said Kershaw wasnt available for Game 5 of the NLDS against the Nationals. However, Roberts surprised many in the baseball world by bringing in Kershaw to close the series clincher and record the final two outs after closer Kenley Jansen worked the previous 2 1/3 innings.Its not an elimination game, Roberts continued. And I think the accumulation of (Kershaws) usage over the last 10 days plays a factor in our decision. So, I think that for us thinking through it, the best thing for us is to have him pitch Game 6 and have Kenta go Thursday.Maeda realizes he needs to deliver.Im not going to be too careful even though I havent been pitching well in the postseason, Maeda said of his approach for the game. What Im going to be really focused on is just pitching well (Thursday) and not worry too much about what I have done in the past.Jon Lester (1-0, 0.64), who didnt factor into the decision in Game 1 against the Dodgers, will get the nod for the Cubs. Lester allowed a run on four hits with three strikeouts and a walk in six innings in the series opener. However, manager Joe Maddon lifted him for a pinch-hitter despite Lester throwing only 77 pitches (47 strikes).Lester wasnt pleased with Maddons decision initially but said he calmed down once he got in the dugout.I knew it was a grind, even though the pitch count wasnt as high as it could have been with how I was throwing the ball, said Lester, who served up a pinch-hit home run to Andre Ethier in what turned out to be an 8-4 win by the Cubs. But like I said then, I dont get paid to make decisions. I pitch as long as he tells me to pitch.Said Maddon, The other day at home, he wasnt the sharpest but still gave us a strong opportunity to win that game, and we eventually did. So, I like his mound demeanor right now.In his last start at Dodger Stadium, Lester, who finished the regular season 19-5 with a 2.44 ERA in 32 starts, threw six scoreless innings in a 1-0 win by Los Angeles. Cheapest Ray Ban Sunglasses .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. Ray Ban Sunglasses Clearance . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http://www.clearancerayban.com/ . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. Ray Ban Sunglasses Discount Sale . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Ray Ban Clearance Outlet . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. LAS VEGAS -- Donnel Pumphrey broke the NCAA career rushing record Saturday in his college finale, running for 115 yards and a touchdown in San Diego States 34-10 victory over Houston in the Las Vegas Bowl.Pumphrey passed former Wisconsin star Ron Daynes mark of 6,397 yards on a 15-yard run early in the fourth quarter, with teammates swarming him on the sideline, and wrapping up his sensational career in his Nevada hometown with 6,405 yards.It means the world to me, Pumphrey said as his father wiped away tears before hugging him.Pumphreys senior total of 2,133 yards rushing ranks in the top 10 for a FBS player.Ron Smith returned an interception 54 yards for a touchdown, Curtis Anderson caught a 28-yard touchdown pass from Christian Chapman, Juwan Washington ran for a touchdown, and John Baron kicked two field goals for the Aztecs (11-3). They overcame a 10-0 first-quarter deficit against the Cougars (9-4) for their second consecutive bowl win.Houstons defense absolutely smothered the Aztecs in the first quarter. Led by freshman Ed Oliver, Houston had seven tackles for loss on San Diego States first 16 plays. Pumphrey had minus-1 yard rushing on seven carries in the first quarter and the Aztecs didnt have a first down until the first play of the second quarter -- on a penalty for running into the kicker.But Pumphrey started to gash Houston on the perimeter, giving San Diego State the lead for good on a 32-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter, and the defense intercepted four of Houston quarterback Greg Ward Jr.s passes in the second halfNEW MEXICO BOWLNEW MEXICO 23, TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO 20ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Richard McQuarley had two short touchdown runs and New Mexico won a bowl for the second time in a half-century, topping Texas-San Antonio.The Lobos only win since taking the 1961 Aviation Bowl had been a 2007 victory over Nevada in the New Mexico Bowl.Lamar Jordan ran for 81 yards and threw a 34-yard pass to Dameon Gamblin that set up McQuarleys 1-yard burst for a 23-13 lead in the fourth quarter. The Lobos (9-4) gave coach Bob Davie his first bowl win -- he lost three times at Notre Dame and also last year with New Mexico inn this bowl.ddddddddddddJarveon Williams ran for 125 yards for the Roadrunners (6-7). They lost in the first bowl appearance in the programs six-year history.AUTONATION CURE BOWLARKANSAS STATE 31, UCF 13ORLANDO, Fla. -- Justice Hansen threw three touchdown passes to Kendall Sanders to help Arkansas State beat UCF.Hansen completed 12 of 26 passes for 205 yards, hookiong up with Sanders for touchdown strikes of 12, 75 and 17 yards. The biggest plays of the night came from the Red Wolves special teams. They scored on a blocked punt and produced two turnovers that were turned into touchdowns.The Red Wolves (8-5) sealed the victory when they went up 31-13 on Sanders 17-yard scoring reception early in the fourth quarter. That touchdown was set up after UCF returner Chris Johnson mishandled a punt and it was recovered by Logan Moragne at the Knights 37.The tone for the special teams was set in the first quarter when Johnston White broke through the line to block Caleb Houstons punt and B.J. Edmonds fell on the ball in the end zone to put the Red Wolves ahead 7-0 in the first 4 minutes. The Red Wolves took a 17-0 lead over the Knights (6-7) in the first quarter after a UCF fumbled kickoff return set up Hansens 12-yard touchdown pass to Hansen.CAMELLIA BOWLAPPALACHIAN STATE 31, TOLEDO 28MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Marcus Cox rushed for 143 yards and a touchdown and Michael Rubino kicked the go-ahead 39-yard field goal to lift Appalachian State past Toledo.The Mountaineers (10-3) won the game in Alabamas capital city on a late field goal for the second straight year, this one with 5:14 left.Cox became the ninth FBS player with four 1,000-yard seasons and the 22nd to top 5,000 in his career. Game MVP Taylor Lamb passed for 119 yards and a touchdown and ran for 126 yards and a score.Kareem Hunt covered 42 yards on four straight rushes to propel Toledo (9-4) down the field after the field goal. Damion Jones-Moore was stopped on third down.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 5 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de