Schneeflocken

ng cage.Youve got to go play the game and we need to be ab

in Eure Homepages 05.05.2019 08:21
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

With less than two weeks to go before Vijender Singh defends his WBO Asia Pacific belt against Francis Cheka, pre-bout trash talk is already underway. Its mostly been one-way traffic, however, with the Tanzanian promising to hit him (Vijender) in the face, bring him down and end Vijenders career.Vijender meanwhile, as he has for the course of his seven-fight long professional career, said he would let his hands do the talking.Even if it is often delivered with a wink and a nod, the bluster before the bout is a time honoured tradition of the professional circuit. Its part of an act that culminates with the post-weigh in stare down. Its meant to convince punters that if they put out cash for a ticket, they will get to see a fight between two men who dont really like each other. Yet while Cheka is doing his bit, Vijender, ahead of his first title defense, is seemingly not playing along.I just cant do the trash talk. It doesnt come naturally to me, says the 31-year-old over the phone from Manchester, where he is training. While there is no doubting the fact that he has delivered in the ring - as a perfect 7-0 record will suggest- Vijender admits hes been asked to perhaps try some verbal sparring too. My management sometimes ask me why dont I try (to trash talk). But you cant force me into doing something like that. Ive told them I want to be a good boy, he says with a laugh. Vijender wants to keep his mind on his bout.As his professional career progresses, that seems increasingly important. Vijenders first few opponents were part-time scaffolders and firemen. His more recent ones have been a definite step up in class. Vijenders last opponent Kerry Hope was a former EBU middleweight champion. Cheka, holds a minor (WBF) world title but has also fought Fedor Chudinov who formerly held the major (WBA) super middleweight title. But Vijender puts a positive spin to this. Each bout is getting steadily harder. But at the same time it becomes easier as well. For my first few bouts, I had no idea what kind of boxer my opponent was because they hadnt fought much. But now I can just type their name on Youtube and see their fights, he says.Adapting is key Its gotten a lot easier for Vijender to prepare as well. The first year will be simply about adapting, senior boxing commentator Steve Lillis had said of the Indian who made his professional debut in October last year. Professional boxing is different from anything he has done before and he will be away from anything familiar, Lillis had said.A year-and-a-half into his professional career, there are few unknowns for him in training as well. He has got used to the cold and dampness of Manchester and the solitude of training and his apartment away from family and friends.Adapting to his new surroundings was easier. Relearning his game was a lot harder. Especially after, he realized that the boxing shorthand in Lee Beards gym, was different than the one he had learned in India. Its like learning a new language. I knew boxing, but initially everything felt new to me. I didnt understand everything that Lee would tell me, recalls Vijender. When Beard would call to lead with three snap left punches - jab, jab, jab - Vijender says he didnt know what that meant.I didnt get the difference between a block and shield (you shield with your shoulder, block with your gloves). In India I thought a shield was the shell guard. But now I get the boxing code. When Lee says stiff arm, I know what he is referring to. (he meant the defensive technique which taller boxers stick their hand out in an opponents face to keep distance).So Im learning a lot faster now, he says.Staying motivated This doesnt mean that its all been smooth sailing. Sometimes you get bored because you have been boxing for the last 20 years. You have good days where you are excited about going to the gym and training and there are days when you wonder what it is you are doing. But then you tell yourself come on, you have to do it. You have to be a warrior. And ultimately I do it because I love boxing. I cant see myself doing anything else, he says. What Vijender has also understood and come to terms with is his style as a boxer. His technical approach isnt the most crowd friendly approach but its definitely effective. Its also incredibly frustrating for his rivals.Vijender recalls how one of his sparring partners - Jimmy Kelly - nearly quit in frustration. I always had my left arm next to my body protecting me. So he couldnt catch me with a punch. Jimmy said it was ridiculous trying to box me. But that is my game. Its very technical, recalls Vijender. V (Vijender) doesnt throw a lot of punches but he is very accurate. He only needs his right hand to land once and thats enough to end the fight, says trainer Lee Beard. Indeed Vijender says professional boxing is all a matter of energy.Its all about how you control your energy. You cant box aggressively for ten rounds. If you go all out from the start, you will tire yourself out after six rounds and be in a lot of trouble in the last few four, he says. And while his sparring sessions have helped, Vijender says the best learning has come in the ring. I got a lot of experience fighting Kerry Hope. I was fighting at home so there was a lot of pressure but I got myself to focus a lot more. I told myself Stay calm and dont be in a hurry, That resolve will likely be tested once again at the Thyagaraj Stadium on December 17th .While the crowd will expect Vijender to deliver a knockout - his seventh in eight fights -- he himself is a lot more cautious. If a knockout comes thats great but my job is to get another win, he says. Sparring three times a week, Vijender is doing his best to assure himself of the win. But uncertainty is ever present in the sport. Only this past week, he was sparring someone he only calls a really strong kid. I was doing quite well when suddenly he caught me with a right hand. Boom Usse to hil gaya (it shook me). I was able to recover and finish the session but it woke me up, he says.Bahut maar khai hai maine sparring me, (Ive taken a lot of beating in sparring). Ive been cut a few times. But jitna ring ke bahar lagegi utni ring ke andar kam khun bahegi. (the more you prepare outside the ring the less you bleed inside it, he says. These arent really the fighting words that would get the blood pumping and you can almost imagine Vijenders managers shaking their heads. But he himself is not too bothered.Talking doesnt matter. Its not something I like doing. What I like is boxing. My job is to fight and Im going to be good at it, he says. Ecco Shoes Wholesale . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Cheap Ecco Shoes Online . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. http://www.cheapecco.us/ . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Discount Ecco Shoes Online . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. Discount Ecco Shoes Sale . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina linebacker Jonathan Walton has one goal on his mind -- qualify for a bowl game.Weve got something to fight for, Walton said Tuesday.The Gamecocks (5-5) hope to extend their season this week against struggling Football Championship Subdivision opponent (2-8) at Williams-Brice Stadium on Saturday. It may not be as easy a task as it sounds, given the last time South Carolina faced an FCS opponent, Citadel walked out with a 23-22 victory.That makes me nuts, every day, left tackle Mason Zandi said.Walton, Zandi and the Gamecocks say those memories from last year drive them at practice this week, particular with a chance to extend their season into the holidays.South Carolina coach Will Muschamp began talking up a bowl bid several weeks ago as his team rallied from a 2-4 start to win three in a row before last weeks 20-7 defeat at Florida .I talk to these guys all the time, the first-year coach said. These seniors want to go to a bowl game. Thats very important for our program.Especially for the additional month or so of workouts, film breakdowns and practices leading up to a postseason game given how young South Carolina is.That youth showed last week at The Swamp as freshman quarterback Jake Bentley was swarmed by the Gators strong defensive line most of the game. He threw his first college interception and was sacked five times. Fellow freshman Rico Dowdle, who ran for over 100 yards in his two previous games, was held to 18 yards on nine carries before missing the fourth quarter due to injury.Still, the Gamecocks are the only Football Bowl Subdivision team with freshmen as leading passer (Bentley) and rusher (Dowdle).Footballs not a sport where you can improve on your own, Muschamp said, like playing one-on-one in the backyard or heading to a batting cage.Youve got to go play the game and we need to be able to have these practices to continue to develop our youth, the coach said.dddddddddddd.South Carolina didnt figure to be in the mix for any bowl given the start to their season.Three straight losses to Kentucky, Texas A&M and Georgia left the Gamecocks staggered at 2-4 heading into a bye week without much hope to continue past November. But Muschamp brought true freshman Bentley in off the bench for co-starters Perry Orth and Brandon McIlwain and South Carolina began to take flight.The surprise was a 24-21 win over previously ranked Tennessee on Oct. 29 that put the Gamecocks in sight of a six-win season after going 3-9 last year.South Carolinas upperclassmen know that its like going to a bowl. Last years losing mark -- longtime head coach Steve Spurrier walked away in midseason with the team struggling -- was South Carolinas first since going 5-7 under Lou Holtz in 2003.Spurrier led the Gamecocks to seven straight bowl games from 2008 through 2014, winning the last four postseason games including the 2014 Independence Bowl the last time South Carolina qualified.I know what its like to miss a bowl, said Zandi, among 20 seniors wholl be honored in their final home game. Im not watching bowl games from my house this year.The Gamecocks have had a couple of good, strong, focused days of work prepping for Western Carolina, which has lost seven of its past eight games.The Catamounts problems this season dont matter, said center Alan Knott. Theres only one goal the players discuss.Weve got to get our sixth win this week, weve got to get bowl eligible, Knott said. Thats what were working for.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de