Schneeflocken

but also someone

in So funktioniert das Forum 22.04.2019 11:20
von yyys123 | 810 Beiträge

Washington, DC (SportsNetwork.com) - San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is well known to rest his aging players without consideration of the strength of his opponent or the size of the stage. So when the Spurs visited the White House on Monday to celebrate last years NBA title, President Barack Obama couldnt help opening with a joke. I was considering having the vice president cover these remarks so I could stay fresh for the State of the Union, Obama said to laughter. But I decided I actually wanted to meet them. Said Popovich later: What I want to remind the president about, if I might, with all due respect -- when I sit stars, I get fined. He doesnt. Obama poked fun at Popovichs reputation for being curt with the press, saying, I want the coach to know that he is not contractually obligated to take questions after the first quarter of my remarks. The president, a famous fan of the Chicago Bulls, said its never easy celebrating another team at the White House, but admitted its hard to dislike the Spurs. He poked fun of their age, singling out star Tim Duncans graying hair and saying theres a reason why the uniform is black and silver, and he praised their roster, calling them the U.N. of basketball teams. Obama said the Spurs -- who have won five titles in the past 16 years, all under Popovich -- always find a way to put together the best teams, finding players from all over the globe. They want everybody on the court, he said. They think everybody has worth. They find folks who didnt have a chance someplace else and suddenly they figure out a way to make them shine as part of a team. And in that sense, theyre a great metaphor for what America should be all about. The Spurs posed for pictures with the president and gave him a No. 1 jersey with POTUS (President of the United States) written on the back. They are in town to play the Wizards on Tuesday. Dale Murphy Jersey . Hes coming back to fulfil them. One of Europes top coaches, Blatt was hired Friday by the Cavaliers, who ended a sweeping, 39-day search with an out-of-the-box selection they hope changes their fortunes. Babe Ruth Jersey .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. http://www.baseballbravesproshop.com/orlando-cepeda-braves-jersey/ .J. -- Tom Coughlin doesnt have many options at halfback for the winless New York Giants. Bob Uecker Jersey . Ortiz hit a pair of two-run homers, including his 400th shot in a Red Sox uniform, and drove in a career high-tying six runs to power Boston past the Houston Astros 10-7 on Saturday night. Phil Niekro Jersey . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League.New Aston Villa director David Bernstein says the club must be cautious of thinking too short-term if they are relegated. Villa are almost certain to drop into the second-tier of English football for the first time since 1988. They are bottom of the Premier League and 12 points adrift of safety with seven games to go.Bernstein was appointed to the board along with Mervyn King and Brian Little by owner Randy Lerner earlier this month, and was charged with conducting a full review of the clubs failings and implementing a plan to restore progress. The former FA and Manchester City chairman says Villa realise the financial urgency of returning to the Premier League immediately, should they fall, but they are wary of other clubs who have failed to achieve that aim.Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News HQ, he said: If we are thinking short-term or long-term, then it has to be a little bit of both.If we do go down then clearly there is a big incentive to get back quickly, for obvious reasons, including the parachute payment in years one and two reducing, and not in year three. Widespread reports have suggested Remi Garde (right) is set to be sacked There is a big financial incentive but, on top of everything else, if the fans heard anything else other than, We are desperate to get back at the first opportunity then they would be very disappointed.dddddddddddd We have to mix sensible short-term thinking and long-term planning. We cant be too short-termist, but on the other hand we cant be thinking five years ahead because a lot will happen in the next year or two.Villa have recently sacked chief executive Tom Fox and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt, and there are widespread reports that head coach Remi Garde could imminently follow. Villa are 12 points adrift of Premier LEague safety Meanwhile, the club want to hire someone who would best be described as director of operations, according to Bernstein, who will be responsible for the running of this side.He said: He will need to be very strong operationally, can look at things and make changes where necessary, but also someone who has football knowledge.I dont want someone just for business, who has no football background, but it wont be a director of football. It will be an operational guy with football knowledge, which frankly the club has lacked at the top level. Also See: Villa video Villa fixtures Villa stats Get a £10 free bet! ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de