Schneeflocken

We dont think its worth further

in Neuvorstellungen 17.04.2019 04:48
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

SONOMA, Calif. Vans Scarpe Italia . -- Tony Stewart was running lap times about a second faster than expected at Indianapolis Motor Speedway when a blown tire caused him to wreck this week in a Goodyear test. Goodyear officials said Stewarts accident 17 laps into Tuesdays 20-lap run was the only incident of the two-day test. The three-time NASCAR champion wasnt injured. "Our test speeds were extremely fast at Indianapolis," Greg Stucker, Goodyears director of racing, said in a statement Friday. "Tony was approaching the end of a very strong 20-lap run, with his lap times as much as a second faster than what has become the norm at Indianapolis at that point of a run. "It appears that increased, sustained speed over that run generated a significant amount of heat, which eventually caused the right-front to go down." Stewart wasnt upset with Goodyear over the incident, which he said "destroyed the car, so it was a good hit. "I am not really sure what the cause of it was, but thats part of tire testing," Stewart said. "Thats why you go to the test. Im sure theyll learn something from it and well go on." Joey Logano was one of six drivers at the test and said Stewart easily had the fastest car at Indy. Also at the test were Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman, the defending race winner. Stewart, an Indiana native, has two Brickyard victories and puts a huge emphasis on the July race. Following Stewarts tire failure, Logano said Goodyear made adjustments "to figure out a way to knock some speed out of these race cars." Teams were given a different left side tire to use and will wait to see what Goodyear decides to bring for the race. "I know when we left they were going to go back and discuss where they wanted to be, but I think theyre going in the right direction on making sure they have the security in the tire, making sure its safe," Logano said. "Its definitely a very big challenge when you come to a race track and you go faster and youre already on edge. Youve got to come back with something thats even more durable and thats hard." Indianapolis has been a difficult track for Goodyear, and the tire brought to the 2008 race was not durable enough to make it more than a dozen or so laps. NASCAR was forced to call a caution roughly every 10 laps to force teams to change tires. "The thing about Indianapolis is the tough conditions the cars and the tires have to endure," Stucker said. "The surface is very abrasive, the long straightaways and short chutes are fast, cornering is tough with very little banking. Combine that with this new car package, and youve got conditions that put a lot of stress on the tires." Vans Scarpe Scontate . Monta Ellis had 30 points and nine assists, Nowitzki was another of seven Dallas players in double figures with 11 points and the Mavericks beat the Los Angeles Lakers 123-104 Tuesday night. Vans Outlet Italia .com) - The Miami Heat stopped a four-game losing streak last time out and thats the same length slide their opponents Wednesday night, the Denver Nuggets, will try to halt when the two teams meet at the Pepsi Center. http://www.vansitalia.it/ . The 25-year-old Brazilian player has only made four Premier League appearances for United this season and underwent a medical test in Italy on Friday.CALGARY -- Calgary Flames interim general manager Brian Burke defended his head coach Monday and said Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella "oughta keep his mouth shut." Burke, also Calgarys president of hockey operations, countered Tortorellas post-game comments after Sundays game in Vancouver, where the Canucks won the regular-season finale 5-1. Tortorella had objected to the actions of Flames head coach Bob Hartley when Canucks forward Daniel Sedin was hit from behind and driven into the boards by Flames forward Paul Byron late in the second period. Sedin was taken off the ice on a stretcher after scoring twice in the game, while Byron was slapped with a five-minute major and a game misconduct. "Its embarrassing to coach against the guy across from me tonight," Tortorella said. "Some of the things that went on when Danny was hurt, its embarrassing. "I dont like the way he does business. I dont like him, and eventually I guess why I am talking about it in this way is because I need to protect my players and a lot of people dont understand that, so Ill just leave it at that. Tortorella feuded with Hartley in Vancouver on Jan. 18 when he tried to get into Calgarys locker-room following a line brawl. Tortorella was suspended for 15 days. Hartley wouldnt bite Monday when reporters asked Calgarys head coach about Tortorellas comments, but Burke weighed in. He called Tortorella a friend before launching his counter-attack. "Our coach acted completely appropriatelyy last night and Torts oughta keep his mouth shut," Burke said. Scarpe Vans Offerte Online. "Apparently what outraged him was the cardinal sin of our coach arguing for a penalty while Daniel Sedin was being tended to on the ice. "Paul Byron hit him. We think its a hockey play. We dont think its worth five minutes. We dont think its worth further review. Call a five-minute penalty because the player is hurt, thats fine with us. "Now the player gets attacked, punched repeatedly, no penalty. Where are the minor penalties against our player? Smallest player on the ice besides Johnny Gaudreau gets mugged, nothing. "Bob had the temerity and the audacity to argue with the officials for these penalties while Daniel Sedin was on the ice. No one likes to see a player get hurt. We hear Daniel is fine, which is great news, but that is when Bob has to argue that. "What Bob Hartley did last night was exactly what John Tortorella would have done had it been one of our players lying on the ice and he felt there was an inequity in the penalty calls. "John Tortorella was on my staff for the Olympics in 2010. Hes a good guy. I dont know whats going on in his head, but you know what? Shut your mouth and worry about your team. Leave my coach alone." The players in question seemed ready to make peace. Byron said he texted Sedin on Monday morning to apologize for the hit. "He responded," Byron said. "I think he appreciated the text and Im really glad hes OK." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de