Schneeflocken

The Phillies scored a run

in Neuvorstellungen 15.04.2019 08:18
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA - Linebacker Jason Phillips, one of the first players signed by the Philadelphia Eagles under coach Chip Kelly, was released Tuesday before he played in a regular-season game for the team. Steven Stamkos Jersey . Phillips signed a two-year, $1.46 million contract as a free agent in 2013 with the Eagles, but tore the ACL in his right knee the first week of training camp in 2013 and spent the season on injured reserve. He came back healthy this year, but was released two days before the teams third preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Originally a fifth-round pick by the Baltimore Ravens out of TCU, Phillips enjoyed his most success as a special teams performer and backup linebacker with the Carolina Panthers. His most productive season came for the Panthers in 2012 when he played in all 16 games, with two starts. The Eagles roster is at 89 players. All teams must make their first round of cuts by Tuesday, Aug. 26 and have their rosters at 75. Final cuts are Saturday, when the roster must be down to the regular-season maximum of 53 players. Ryan McDonagh Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Nikita Kucherov Jersey . Rob Klinkhammer and Mikkel Boedker scored 63 seconds apart in the first period for the Coyotes, who handed the Kings their third straight loss and took over sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference. Mike Smith made 36 saves. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Ryan-Callahan-Jersey/ . Bozak and Clarkson suffered the injuries in pre-training camp workouts, according to Carlyle, who said they made "small amounts of improvement" from Friday to Saturday. After the players were deemed less than 100 per cent by doctors after Thursdays medical testing, the Leafs held them out of on-ice testing and are being cautious. CHICAGO -- Ryan Kalish wants to make the most of his opportunity with the Chicago Cubs. Kalish got his first hit since Sept. 11, 2012, when he rapped an RBI triple in the first inning Sunday in the Chicago Cubs 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. He also had a two-run double and drew two walks as the Cubs avoided a sweep. Kalish missed all of last season after he underwent neck and shoulder surgeries. "Ive enjoyed every single day," he said. "Im trying to live my life like every day could be your last." Kalish made his second start for the Cubs in his first trip to the major since he played for the Boston Red Sox in 2012. "Every day I just come in and Im ready for whatevers thrown my way, especially with everything Ive been through," he said. "I just want to give it my all when I get the chance." Carlos Villanueva (1-2) allowed a run in five innings in his first start and third outing of the season for Chicago. A.J. Burnett (0-1), who signed a one-year, $16 million contract with the Phillies after he spent the last two seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates, allowed eight runs, four earned, in 5 2-3 innings. He struck out three but walked six. "I just didnt get it done," Burnett said. "I was pitching behind. I missed first pitches. The key today was throwing strikes. That was embarrassing. I dont care who you are, that is unacceptable." The Cubs scored four runs in the first and sixth innings. Their offence broke out after they scored eight runs and were 4 for 40 with runners in scoring position in their previous five games. "Theyve strung together a lot of good at-baats over the last five or six days. Martin St. Louis Jersey. We just dont have a lot to show for it," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "Today, we happened to have some balls find holes, and we took advantage of it." The Phillies scored a run on Chase Utleys groundout in the fifth to cut the lead to 4-1. Manager Ryne Sandberg challenged the call that Utley was out at first, but the review confirmed it. Ryan Howard lined into an inning-ending double play. "It was a bang-bang play," Sandberg said about the challenge. "Its the fifth inning. We need baserunners. It was worth a shot." The Phillies went 1 for 15 with runners in scoring position. They scored two runs off reliever Jose Veras in the ninth. Villanueva made his first start after he pitched in relief in two extra-inning games against the Pirates. He allowed game-winning hits in both games. "I wasnt happy when that happened," Villanueva said. "I feel like Ive grown a lot in my years here. You tell me that would have happened to me 5-6 years ago - I dont know how I would have handled it. I take the positive out of it. Now I have a chance to contribute." NOTES: SS Starlin Castro moved to sixth in the Cubs lineup after hitting second or third in previous games and had an RBI double. Castro was 9-for-22 in his career against Burnett entering Sunday. Renteria said he might move Castro around in the lineup. Castro said he agreed with the move. ...After an off day Monday, the Cubs begin a three-game home series against the Pirates on Tuesday. RHP Edwin Jackson (0-0, 1.69) will start against RHP Charlie Morton (0-0, 0.00). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de